collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Ponies and dragons in Europe...?  (Read 4217 times)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Re: Princess Ponies and dragons in Europe...?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »
I think the reason for the differences in the distribution between the European countries and even within the Scandinavian countries back then is because Hasbro didn't have the international branches they have today. Back then a company called K.E. Leg distributed MLP in Denmark. I am sure Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands etc. each had a different company within their country that distributed MLP. It was up to each company to decide what they would import and that of course would lead to diffences in distribution between the countries.

We sure did get a lot of Italian ponies in Denmark and we even got them in Danish packaging. I think that is something K.E. Leg decided to do.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 07:36:47 AM »
Specifically the Netherlands and possibly Belgium as well...

I know Germany and France had carded Princesses. I know Italy had dragons like the UK did. But this interests me in particular...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Does this mean the Netherlands also had dragons with their first set Princesses?

That is...they look... :huh:

There is definitely some flirting going on.

That wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking they looked unintentionally creepy. Its the circles by the blush and eyes.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2019, 08:14:42 AM »
I just want to know what's going on between Royal Blue/Sapphire and Tracks in that pic. :P are they playing hat toss or something?

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:41 AM »
PS I think the Mountain boys would need their own thread, I'm sure I've heard they got distributed in Sweden.

I know ponies can travel a lot, but my Tornado came from Sweden, so I am disposed to believe the theory that they were sold there.

I am fairly certain that's established, though if I'm wrong I'm sure Leikin will put me straight.

Leikin to the rescue! :P I'm 99% sure that the mountain boys where sold her. Two of the few still MOC mountain boys originates from someones way back Collection since they where sold in stores. Although, it doesnt neceserly prove they where not bought abroad, but they do pop up quite often second hand here.

I think the reason for the differences in the distribution between the European countries and even within the Scandinavian countries back then is because Hasbro didn't have the international branches they have today. Back then a company called K.E. Leg distributed MLP in Denmark. I am sure Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands etc. each had a different company within their country that distributed MLP. It was up to each company to decide what they would import and that of course would lead to diffences in distribution between the countries.

Good Point. In Sweden they where distributed by Playmix.

Another Point, as I Think we discuseed this in some other thread log ago, but the Swedish ad with baby Lemon Drop shows the spanish baby in pink stroller, so the photo seems to be taken directly for our market, and not using a regular UK baby as stand in.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 08:54:33 AM »
Specifically the Netherlands and possibly Belgium as well...

I know Germany and France had carded Princesses. I know Italy had dragons like the UK did. But this interests me in particular...

Does this mean the Netherlands also had dragons with their first set Princesses?

That is...they look... :huh:

There is definitely some flirting going on.

That wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking they looked unintentionally creepy. Its the circles by the blush and eyes.

They look like they haven't slept in a week.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal