collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to fix a broken action figure leg at the joint?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
How to fix a broken action figure leg at the joint?
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:07:45 AM »
So I have the old 5-6 inch Jazwares Megaman figure. His right leg broke at the knee, and upon inspection, it looks like the little peg thing broke off the rest of the joint mechanism and just came right out of the thigh and fell into the bottom part of the leg. I hear it rattling in there. It looks like I could fix it if I could find a peg thinner at one end than the other and in the right size. I imagine the same type of thing would work on figures from other lines and companies, so I'm wondering if anyone knows about fixing such problems with figures in general, if it can be done, etc.? (Or if someone actually has the Jazwares Megaman figures and the exact same problem that they solved, that would be even more awesome.) I really hate to resort to just gluing the leg back on, especially since glue never really seems to work very well on action figures, at least for me.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: How to fix a broken action figure leg at the joint?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:26:12 AM »
So I have the old 5-6 inch Jazwares Megaman figure. His right leg broke at the knee, and upon inspection, it looks like the little peg thing broke off the rest of the joint mechanism and just came right out of the thigh and fell into the bottom part of the leg. I hear it rattling in there. It looks like I could fix it if I could find a peg thinner at one end than the other and in the right size. I imagine the same type of thing would work on figures from other lines and companies, so I'm wondering if anyone knows about fixing such problems with figures in general, if it can be done, etc.? (Or if someone actually has the Jazwares Megaman figures and the exact same problem that they solved, that would be even more awesome.) I really hate to resort to just gluing the leg back on, especially since glue never really seems to work very well on action figures, at least for me.

Is it anything like a nendoroid joint? there's tutorials on how to fix those (with wire)...  Otherwise maybe buying a broken version of the same toy could help?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:21:52 PM »
I think replacement or transplantation is the only viable option.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 03:35:56 PM »

Is it anything like a nendoroid joint? there's tutorials on how to fix those (with wire)...  Otherwise maybe buying a broken version of the same toy could help?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll look into Nendoroids. Thanks!

I think replacement or transplantation is the only viable option.

Yeah, most likely. Or resorting to the dreaded glue, sigh....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal