collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Little black spots?  (Read 701 times)

Offline MusicCat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Little black spots?
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
I recently noticed that my Mimic has some tiny black spots. After a cleaning and a magic eraser scrub, they haven't come off and I'm thinking it's pindot/ingrained dirt, but where they are seems like an odd place for it. I tried the hot water+soap+fingernails method in case it is pindot and it didn't do much. I opened her up to check for mold (found the start of tail rust...that's why she's beheaded and tail-less :P) and didn't find any. I'm afraid to try an oxiclean bath/boil due to her chartreuse hair. Anyone know what's doing on and what I can do about it (and should I be worried  :blush:)?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She has them scattered here and there, but those are the main areas of concentration. She's also got a little cluster around the age/cancer spot but the camera didn't pick them up.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Little black spots?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »
Those are age spots, essentially.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 05:54:19 PM »
In your last photo, I agree with lovesbabysquirmy that those are age spots... the smaller ones my be regrows like you said.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 03:33:37 AM »
No! Not mimic. I hope you can fix it :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 04:22:45 AM »
I can see age spots, but I can see the small black dots as well on your pony. I have a pony who has dots really similar to these, I cleaned her inside and out and dried very carefully before reassembling her. The good news is that last time I checked through all my ponies they haven't turned into age spots. I'm just trying to remember who it was... probably someone precious otherwise I wouldn't have been so keen to keep her anyway.

She has age spots anyway I'd say just be extra careful to clean, dry her and keep her in as stable temperature and humidity as possible to slow it down. If you're packing her away I'd use silica sachets just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:24:36 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MusicCat

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 03:48:34 PM »
Ah, age spots is what I was dreading. Thank you all for your replies!! I'll be sure to be careful reassembling her after the rust treatment.
If you're packing her away I'd use silica sachets just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps.

I actually just unpacked after a move, so I might put some of these in my pony case, thanks for the idea!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »
Why dread it?  You're intentionally collecting 30+ year-old vinyl toys.  They age. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MusicCat

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
Why dread it?  You're intentionally collecting 30+ year-old vinyl toys.  They age. 

I understand that, but Mimic is the pride of my collection and is very special to me. No need for that type of comment, it's condescending and doesn't add anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal