collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Collectors: What Risers do you recommend?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
G1 Collectors: What Risers do you recommend?
« on: June 25, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »
Hey guys! I've started to accumulate several G1 Basic Fun ponies, but my problem is I don't have a great way to display them. I know I read in the past spice racks work well, but which ones? Amazon links are appreciated! xD
Other than that, let me know if you have ideas! I have shelves already, but not any way to set them up so every pony can be seen. Thank you! :D

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: G1 Collectors: What Risers do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:01:59 PM »
I display my ponies on foam blocks, like the kind you find in the floral crafts section, and then I have them covered in cute fabric so they display better. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline okamigirl64

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
I display my ponies on foam blocks, like the kind you find in the floral crafts section, and then I have them covered in cute fabric so they display better. :)

ooo I didn't think about that! Thanks!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:16 PM »
I use cut cardboard to make my own risers and then cover them with cloth.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 12:13:04 AM »
Most of mine are in cupboards but I use freezer trays and also old books covered over.

You need to be careful with fabric in case it stains. Esp with SS ponies.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 01:24:07 AM »
Sadly the vast majority of my ponies has been in boxes ever since we moved apartments 3 years ago (the previous place had a cupboard with a glass door where they displayed nicely, but the furniture in the current one is crap and I can't display them anywhere :( ), but in the previous place I used these Variera shelf inserts from IKEA in the back. They are about the right height as raises, and also for other pony stuff (or ponies I did not want on display ATM) to fit beneath it :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:26:43 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 04:51:50 AM »
Sadly the vast majority of my ponies has been in boxes ever since we moved apartments 3 years ago (the previous place had a cupboard with a glass door where they displayed nicely, but the furniture in the current one is crap and I can't display them anywhere :( ), but in the previous place I used these Variera shelf inserts from IKEA in the back. They are about the right height as raises, and also for other pony stuff (or ponies I did not want on display ATM) to fit beneath it :)

Wow, those are great! Very affordable compared to the specialty risers designed for collectors... Thanks for the link!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 08:00:39 AM »

Wow, those are great! Very affordable compared to the specialty risers designed for collectors... Thanks for the link!
You're welcome, happy I could help! :)
Funny that you mention the price though, my first thought upon seeing the price on the US site was that they are expensive! Here they cost less than 3 dollars a piece (but I bought mine on sale and paid about $2 per piece). I guess it's because IKEA is a European company and the stuff is produced here (which might not be true), so US peeps get the stuff with built-in transportation charges... they are very useful overall too though, I use them for spices in my kitchen cupboard, as well as for make-up and related stuff storage-helper :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:02:20 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »
I make my risers out of cardboard. Just measure a staricase liek shape and cut 2 out. make the rising part in between. paint it or or cover it in fancy paper and done. There is probably a good youtube tutorial on this.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »

You're welcome, happy I could help! :)
Funny that you mention the price though, my first thought upon seeing the price on the US site was that they are expensive! Here they cost less than 3 dollars a piece (but I bought mine on sale and paid about $2 per piece). I guess it's because IKEA is a European company and the stuff is produced here (which might not be true), so US peeps get the stuff with built-in transportation charges... they are very useful overall too though, I use them for spices in my kitchen cupboard, as well as for make-up and related stuff storage-helper :)

I’m used to browsing through tiny, narrow risers designed for figurines and such... Those range around $15-20 A PIECE. I have no idea what a pony-sized riser from those manufacturers would cost. >_<;

So comparatively, $4.99 seems like a steal. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 12:41:01 PM »
My recommendation would be a handy brother in law who not only measures the space, makes the risers from off-cuts he has in his shed!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal