collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ...I can find THIS many of THIS, but never ANY of THAT!  (Read 2231 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: ...I can find THIS many of THIS, but never ANY of THAT!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 02:21:00 AM »
Ripple’s puffy sticker and backcard... i find the other seaponies, but the few times I’ve seen Ripple’s I am either too late or the seller don’t ship outside their country. I have been looking for her puffy and backcard since 2006.... I mean that is more than a decade :blink:

I tend to find the baby ponies everywhere! Especially baby CC, baby Glory and baby Firefly. I adore them though, they are cute and brings back tons of childhood memories :heart:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 03:14:45 AM »
Ripple’s puffy sticker and backcard... i find the other seaponies, but the few times I’ve seen Ripple’s I am either too late or the seller don’t ship outside their country. I have been looking for her puffy and backcard since 2006.... I mean that is more than a decade :blink:

It took me a really long time to get Ripple's backcard as well. I eventually had to buy her with all her accessories (no sticker) at ponycon to get it. I don't know why she's such a pain since I didn't have any trouble getting Sunshower MOC but Ripple? Even just the backcard took a very long time. *shrug*. I am assuming since you mention the sticker you mean the card that came with that, but honestly, I don't see the US card around (or US Ripple) MOC either very much.

The UK one is a childhood pony for me and so I would still like her MOC.

I've never seen her sticker for sale I don't think, either. I still have my childhood one thankfully (it's glued like a vice to the tower of DC, but I have it, so that's something) but it seems like a lot of the 1987 puffy stickers are a pain to find...even the ones that don't grab the expensive attention like the MB ones do.

Did you guys have that set over there?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 03:36:00 AM »
@Taffeta: We had the US set in Norway, and she is a childhood pony of mine. I would like both cards though. Either- or just one - I am desperate :lol: We didn’t get her puffy, but I am a puffy nut so I really want it. She is the last of my childhood ponies that had a puffy (well, her UK counterpart did at least :p) so it is like a holy grail to me. I have seen her puffy two times, one time on eBay and another time in a Swedish BST site. I kick myself every time I think about it, but neither of the sellers shipped to Norway so I couldn’t even bid on them  :cry:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 03:42:11 AM »
@Taffeta: We had the US set in Norway, and she is a childhood pony of mine. I would like both cards though. Either- or just one - I am desperate :lol: We didn’t get her puffy, but I am a puffy nut so I really want it. She is the last of my childhood ponies that had a puffy (well, her UK counterpart did at least :p) so it is like a holy grail to me. I have seen her puffy two times, one time on eBay and another time in a Swedish BST site. I kick myself every time I think about it, but neither of the sellers shipped to Norway so I couldn’t even bid on them  :cry:

I empathise. I had 3 Mountain Boys as a kid but do not have the stickers for any of them still. I moved a couple of times in 1987-8 because of Dad's job. I have all my other childhood pony stickers. Just not those three. And I can't afford to replace them, obviously. I don't have their cards either, but I can live with that since I have A MB card in my collection. But it hurts losing those stickers.

I wish I could get Sunshower and Ripple's stickers off DC's tower without breaking them, but it isn't gonna happen. :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 05:22:12 AM »
I can find all the Italians in the world and i'm sick of Italians second set rainbows, but it's a miracle whenever i see an early HK pony.I litteraly have more Mexicans earth ponies than early, no gimmick HK ones.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 04:52:44 PM »
I can find all the Italians in the world and i'm sick of Italians second set rainbows, but it's a miracle whenever i see an early HK pony.I litteraly have more Mexicans earth ponies than early, no gimmick HK ones.

The only Heart Throb and Surprise I ever found in the UK were also both Italians.
They must've escaped from your part of the world looking for a better life where they were a bit more unique xD.

But never seen their HK versions here. I had to import them :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 12:15:16 AM »
Many: Cotton Candy and Moondancer (G1)
No: Lemon Drop (HK G1) - took forever to get one, and she came without a tail

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 03:51:31 AM »

The only Heart Throb and Surprise I ever found in the UK were also both Italians.
They must've escaped from your part of the world looking for a better life where they were a bit more unique xD.

But never seen their HK versions here. I had to import them :/
This might be it tbh, i don't know how other french collectors feel about that but i almost curse everytime i see a listing with italian pony , they must be more appreciated with you  :lol:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
I have had 5 Seaflowers in my time; I had to go to the internet for Sand Digger.
Millions of Fireflies and Sprinkles, but no pink Sprinkles....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline milkywaymochi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 01:53:56 PM »
It's weird, I found streaky and ringlet easily (I actually got streaky in the charity store I work in, such a good find) But it took me forever to find raincurl and stripes. And now that I DO have all of them, suddenly they keep appearing on eBay. It seems like the rainbow curl ponies availability yo-yos a lot?

Also, I found powder easily enough despite not being sold in the UK as far as I know (in all fairness, I had to do quite a bit of restoration work on her) but I cannot for the life of me find skyflier anywhere! I don't know if she was sold in the UK or not, but there's no way I'm paying eBay's international shipping prices for a skyflier from the US.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 07:58:34 AM »
Neither Powder or Skyflier were sold in the UK :(

@Jorgito - they are both much loved here ;) But because all those characters are rare here in any format, they retain some of their novelty and mystique :D

The Heart Throb has really pretty dark red curly hair. I like the regular HT, but the Italian one is quite special in my opinion :D.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal