collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help w/ cancer and age spots!  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Help w/ cancer and age spots!
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:30:58 PM »
Hi!
I just bought a G-1 lucky the stallion and it has quite a few age spots on his body but symbols and hair are great.  :( Is there any way to keep them from spreading (can it even spread?)? Is it possible to remove them at all? I would appreciate any advice that any might have on pony cancer as I am new to the restoring world!   :cloud:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Help w/ cancer and age spots!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »
I’m sorry about your pony.  I don’t know of a way to remove them.  But I don’t personally think it will spread to other ponies if you give him a good cleaning and keep your ponies in a cool, low humidity environment.  I bought several ponies with age spots years ago and they haven’t developed any new ones.  Everything else about them is great so I don’t mind the spots too much.

I’ve heard that break down is going to happen to all ponies sooner or later, but environment can speed things up. However, most of what I’ve heard about the aging process of ponies is based on educated guesstimates. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
it doesn't spread as long as you aren't keeping your ponies in poor storage conditions.  and it wouldn't be "contagious" anyway, but poor storage conditions make ponies age faster, so that's probably why there is a misconception about it.

no you cannot remove it.  not even with chemicals, that will make the problem worse faster.

remember, Lucky is now old enough to buy his own beer!  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
Sorry to hear that! :( Sadly, age spots are becoming just a fact of life for a lot of pony collections. :shrug: Vinyl toys don’t age flawlessly, alas...

It shouldn’t spread or be contagious in any way if they are age spots. If you’re concerned about the possibility of mold, you can wet the areas with white vinegar, let sit for a while, then wash it off. White vinegar is popular as a mold-killer, though I don’t know the specifics of how it effects mold living on or in vinyl toys. I always use it when in doubt, as I’ve never seen any ill effects from white vinegar on my dolls or ponies.

If the spots really bother you, you might try covering them with paint. Some people have good results by matching acrylic paint to the pony’s skin color. That’s not a cure, however, and more spots may still show up later...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »
Oh well, I guess I will call him unlucky the stallion then?! That would be great if nothing would change in vinyl over time but it is what it is. Thanks to all who replied and the advice! I bough him recently as a bait but I will defiantly try the vinegar to try to prevent mold but he is really baity so I guess it isn't too bad..I never thought of using acrylic?? Sounds like an interesting way, I might try it :satisfied: Lol, he is defiantly old enough!! But he might just stick to root beer for now :soda:
I might try/test a few things on him as he has marker, cancer, haircuts, and any flaw know to ponies...!  ^.^
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:21:00 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 07:44:19 PM »
He is supposed to have a little mohawk so a short mane is not a cut on him
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:26:34 AM »
I usually ignore age spots, bu i have also painted over some. It's never a 100% match on the paint for me,but it displays better, even with a 90% match on paint. My munchie had pink sports on her face, now she has a slightly darker yellow spot, but from a distance it's not noticeable. Hope it helps.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »
Hydrogen peroxide will help to lighten the age spots and stains. Get the cream and don’t get it near the mane as it has a tendency to bleach blue hair. 12% cream for 1-2 days should help improve it.

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 12:51:54 PM »
I will defiantly try that as soon as I am back in town! I didn't know that there was a cream.. that's nice! Do you have to reapply cream every day or do you just leave it on? If all else fails, I will try painting it over :) Thank you guys! This really helps a lot!

With 12% just leave it on for 2 days or so. A lower % you may need to change every so often as it will need to be on for longer.

Post Merge: June 26, 2019, 12:56:23 PM

Oh, I must have missed that! Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:56:23 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal