collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Possible G5 Style?

Yes I'd like that
47 (41.6%)
Lukewarm
38 (33.6%)
No
24 (21.2%)
Pony-tatos!
4 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: How would you feel if the Pearly Twilight Pose ended up being G5's style?  (Read 15580 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Someone on the TP pointed out two things I definitely didn't catch. The wings and tail are too low.

I have noticed that they're using the G1 wing design instead of the G3.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:38:03 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
They feel pretty G3 to me, almost like if a G1 and a G3 had a baby. Since the symbols, eye style, and wings are similar to G1, while the poses look G3.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Isn't the body Whistle Wishes Pose?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:21:16 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R5PSPS7/

Maybe not as G5 but it looks like there's going to be a complete set of them.

Oooh. I actually really like these! I think these are better designed than the retro Pearly Twilight Pose. I must have them!

|My Collection|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
This is like an awful mix of g1, g3 and fakie g3s, i would've prefer another g4 mane 6 instead of this garbage.Everyone can make a g1 mold it seems but hasbro has to do a fakie looking one?
Also hasbro posted this on their youtube channel and... idk what to say :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xetF8tnKoE0

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
They feel pretty G3 to me, almost like if a G1 and a G3 had a baby. Since the symbols, eye style, and wings are similar to G1, while the poses look G3.

Isn't the body Whistle Wishes Pose?

I was thinking Whistle Wishes/Valenshy? The back leg on Pearly Twilight is different.

Post Merge: July 11, 2019, 12:34:47 PM

This is like an awful mix of g1, g3 and fakie g3s, i would've prefer another g4 mane 6 instead of this garbage.Everyone can make a g1 mold it seems but hasbro has to do a fakie looking one?

I'm leery of watching this for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:34:59 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
I watched it and I have no clue what was even going on. The little captions were random and made no sense. I don't understand what that video was even supposed to be!

|My Collection|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I watched it and I have no clue what was even going on. The little captions were random and made no sense. I don't understand what that video was even supposed to be!
I think it was supposed to be a parody/riffing on g1? I guess? I have no idea about why it exists or what it is either.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I think it was supposed to be a parody/riffing on g1? I guess? I have no idea about why it exists or what it is either.

:pout: Why am I not surprised?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Um.
If they can get Megan and Spike's names right, is it that hard to get Cupcake as well?

I think it was meant to be funny, but there are lots of ways to make funnies out of G1 cartoons. Five legged lofty for one. Whoever did this was either a brony called in on their day off to do it or someone who really wants a raise but didn't get one.

Seriously, I am wondering if Hasbro's having a mid life crisis over the fact G1 ponies are still popular despite them pushing pinkie pie at every possible opportunity??

That is also such a weird obscure clip to choose.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:45:35 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile

Um.
If they can get Megan and Spike's names right, is it that hard to get Cupcake as well?

I think it was meant to be funny, but there are lots of ways to make funnies out of G1 cartoons. Five legged lofty for one. Whoever did this was either a brony called in on their day off to do it or someone who really wants a raise but didn't get one.

Seriously, I am wondering if Hasbro's having a mid life crisis over the fact G1 ponies are still popular despite them pushing pinkie pie at every possible opportunity??

The cupcake thing was probably a joke about mlp names? But it kinda falls flat when you use a name not exaggerated enough so that it could almost be a real one.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Um.

The cupcake thing was probably a joke about mlp names? But it kinda falls flat when you use a name not exaggerated enough so that it could almost be a real one.
Nobody within an inch of G3 or G4 has the right to comment on G1 names. I mean, seriously.  G1 has some dodgy ones, but Cupcake is probably not one of them xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile

Um.

Nobody within an inch of G3 or G4 has the right to comment on G1 names. I mean, seriously.  G1 has some dodgy ones, but Cupcake is probably not one of them xD.
Yeah, but gotta make le funny mocking joke to show we're so mature

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
I honestly looked at it and felt confused.

I would like to see g1 versions of the m6 and g4 versions of theirr g1 antecedents but...

Not sure what that is.

For a parent company to be upstaged by a franchised producer like bf is a bit sad as regards poses but...

Those are not g1 or g4. I don't really know what they are or how I feel seeing them.  I do like the g1 Twilight Sparkle on the box though.
G3.14 :P

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

It's sort of a "Cinemasins" type video. "Everything Wrong with X in Minutes or Less" is trendy on Youtube. It's a parody genre where you hyperbolically point out inconsistencies or really... just about anything in a video or movie. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile

It's sort of a "Cinemasins" type video. "Everything Wrong with X in Minutes or Less" is trendy on Youtube. It's a parody-ish genre where you hyperbolically point out inconsistencies or really... just about anything in a video or movie. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek.
I mean yeah I know that, I watch littleshyfim's mlp cinemasins parodies but these are actually about what it talks about. This is just random jokes that don't have anything to do with the clip.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal