collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Possible G5 Style?

Yes I'd like that
47 (41.6%)
Lukewarm
38 (33.6%)
No
24 (21.2%)
Pony-tatos!
4 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Author Topic: How would you feel if the Pearly Twilight Pose ended up being G5's style?  (Read 15530 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
This is just mere speculation and none of us knows anything, until we know for sure. But what would you think if the CC Pearly Twilight mould, which seems to be a mash-up of G3 and modern G1 art, ends up being the style for the next generation?

Do you think it could be?

Please select one vote for how it would make you feel and don't forget to mention if you think it could or could not be?

I for one would be thrilled. Although the mould isn't perfect, the head is a bit strange, the tail is too thin and the chest and neck don't look right, but if this is the new future of pony, take my money! Its a vast improvement on pony anatomy and it is otherwise very cute. I'd like to see their take on other species with it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:44:53 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
I wouldn't mind at all! Only thing I'd really want them to change if they went with it would be to mold a spot for the eyes at least a little bit. The lack of molding for the eyes looks alright on G4.5 ponies but doesn't look the greatest with this Twilight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
She looks very bobblehead-y, so I'd be alright but it would take me a bit to adjust.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
I’d like it. It’s not my favourite model, but it looks more like a horse. If this is the new g5 style, I’d want for it to have moulded eye spots and more hair. It might just be the photo, but this twilight looks a bit thin. And if the head could be slightly smaller or body slightly larger, to balance this bobble head effect.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Nemesis

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
I would be happy. :) Although I’d hope that they would add molding for the eye, and move it further up on the face.

I doubt that this pony is any indicator of G5, though. :( Hasbro is clearly presenting SDCC Twilight as “the past”. I just hope that G5 is horsier-looking, whatever art style they go with.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Thumbs up from me!

I have a feeling she isn't a G5 mold, though.  But will be super happy if this is the direction G5 takes, or if G5 at least looks kinda close.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I don't mind. I quite like G3 :) They still have to tweak out the awkward things LAW mentioned, but going back towards the style of G1 and G3 is a step forward for me based on what G4 currently looks like.

I also don't think they will do that, though, since they seem to think that G3-1 Twi is the past. Which she is, but absolutely not in the way they mean it...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • View Profile
I wouldn't like that. That pony looks too much like a G3. I like G3 ponies and everything, but I'd rather not return to it. I want something new.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
I highly doubt G5'll look anything like that, especially if those concepts that leaked a while ago are legit. Just don't see Hasbro going in that direction, unfortunately.

But hypothetically... -shrug- If they worked out the kinks the current mold have, sure, I could get on board with it. Don't really have any strong feelings on it either way, I guess.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
I highly doubt G5'll look anything like that, especially if those concepts that leaked a while ago are legit.

How sure/unsure are we of that concept art being legit?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
I highly doubt G5'll look anything like that, especially if those concepts that leaked a while ago are legit.

How sure/unsure are we of that concept art being legit?

Almost certain. It was a big leak of DHX staff emails. This was December 2017, so before season 8 of FiM aired. Unfinished versions of a few season 8 episodes were leaked along with the G5 concept artworks. There were two waves of these leaks. Stuff concerning 2018's Best Gift Ever line was leaked in this same batch of emails as well.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
yeah, I'm reasonably certain that at least some of it's legit - I'm just a sceptical person in general ;) Don't like to put too much stock in something unless we're totally certain of it, you know?

Granted even if the concepts are legit there's no saying G5 will definitely look like them, anyway! But I still don't see Hasbro veering off in this direction, is what I meant.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
I think they can do better. It looks very cheap, if it wasn’t in a SDCC box I’d say it was a fakie.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
yeah, I'm reasonably certain that at least some of it's legit - I'm just a sceptical person in general ;) Don't like to put too much stock in something unless we're totally certain of it, you know?

Granted even if the concepts are legit there's no saying G5 will definitely look like them, anyway! But I still don't see Hasbro veering off in this direction, is what I meant.

Yeah, I tend to be the same way. :)

And yes, a lot can change between early concept art and finished product... That said, I like most of the concept art (especially the feathered hooves!) better than what we have now, so... I’m hopeful. XD

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
I can dig that style as the new look.  It actually looks equine which would be a massive improvement over what we have now right off the bat.  It's cute which is what really counts with this brand.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal