collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Money on Paypal is pending ... AND received?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Money on Paypal is pending ... AND received?
« on: June 21, 2019, 12:36:30 AM »
Hi guys! Quick question from a semi-noobie, I hope there's an easy answer for this I somehow overlooked!

I'm selling a pony to a gal, and she sent payment as an echeck; it said it needed until the 20th (today) to arrive in my account, so I told her I'd wait to ship the ponies until it cleared, she's cool with it.

Today, the payment is giving me ... conflicting answers. My buyer tells me that the money was taken from her account last night so she's eager to see her ponies shipped (I would be too!), but what I see in my Paypal is this: (I'll bold the conflicting parts)

Jun 17 2019
[name] Money Received
Loading transaction details for [name] Money Received
+ $50.92
Close
eCheck estimated completion date is June 20, 2019. Do not ship items until you receive payment.

Paid by
[info]

Wait to ship to
[address]

Don't ship yet. Wait until the payment clears.

I mean ... to me, since it still says 'don't ship yet', and I don't have a positive balance in my Paypal account, I need to wait to ship. That makes sense! But what doesn't make sense is that, why would it says 'money received' AND 'don't ship', and why would it take the money from her account without putting it in mine? Am I just being too hasty, and it'll show up tomorrow?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Money on Paypal is pending ... AND received?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:57:27 AM »
I'm guessing it's partway through being processed so at this stage they've had the money from your buyer, but it still hasn't gone through to you yet to complete the transaction via Paypal. I think it will be ok and you'll get the money any time now. :awake:  I'd hold on a bit and see if it's there by tomorrow. If not then contact Paypal to check with them- also let your buyer know what's happening if it comes to that 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 05:18:57 AM »
eCheck estimated completion date is June 20, 2019. Do not ship items until you receive payment.

I'm curious if it meant end of day 20th.. although it does say estimate. Certainly don't ship until it clears. Call paypal if you think it should be cleared by now...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 05:21:28 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 11:54:08 PM »
Thank you both for the comforting words!! :heart: You were right, I think there was just a delay on their end! Somewhere between 'remove money from account' and 'deposit into seller's account', the computers took a little lunch break I guess! Thankfully it's there now, so I can send out the ponies! Thank you both! :cheer:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 04:25:58 AM »
Yay!! that's great news! :frolic: :hug:  :bigups:  so glad it's all sorted :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal