collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed  (Read 14840 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2019, 02:06:56 AM »
I love this.  No way for me to get one though.  I hate conventioron exclusive stuff cause I can't ever get them. My cousin goes. Every year but she has set stuff she waits in line for.

The Hasbrotoyshop (now called Hasbro Pulse) usually has a ton of extras a couple of weeks after the event-  I wouldn't be too worried.

Good to know.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »
I adore G1 Twilight but the only thing I really like about this one is her body color and pearlyness. :/ Her head is weird and the color of her stars was an awful choice. Maybe something that will be better on the real thing than on the prototype in these photos? Either way it's $20 I won't be spending. More money for Basic Fun. :P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2019, 12:18:49 AM »
I’d hoped they’d have done this last year. Nice bridge between the generations
 and it’s a for sure buy for me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2019, 02:09:26 AM »
Aww this is a really sweet set! If there are any leftovers I’ll definitely be trying to get a set.

I think the style of retro Twilight is really interesting. My knee jerk reaction was that she looked like a weird G1/G3 hybrid at first, but after reading this thread I can actually see how she is meant to mimic the newer retro art.

Twilight Sparkle is pretty meh though. Nice she has bangs but....that’s about it. It would have been nice if we got ONE Twilight Sparkle toy that had her accurate show hair color. :pout:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2019, 07:34:08 AM »
Twilight Sparkle is pretty meh though. Nice she has bangs but....that’s about it. It would have been nice if we got ONE Twilight Sparkle toy that had her accurate show hair color. :pout:

Or even body color, for that matter. Hasbro seems to be trying to fix some design inaccuracies with new and upcoming toys like giving some upcoming ponies more accurate eyes, and releasing a properly blue Luna in that upcoming set with Minty, but they still have yet to give us a Twilight Sparkle with the proper colors. Her body is still way too pink of a purple and she still doesn't have blue hair...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2019, 03:54:45 PM »
I do want this set, since I've missed out on past con exclusives.  Not crazy over the re-interpretation, but Twilight was one of my very first ponies when I was a kid, so I'd love to have this one just for fun.
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »

Or even body color, for that matter. Hasbro seems to be trying to fix some design inaccuracies with new and upcoming toys like giving some upcoming ponies more accurate eyes, and releasing a properly blue Luna in that upcoming set with Minty, but they still have yet to give us a Twilight Sparkle with the proper colors. Her body is still way too pink of a purple and she still doesn't have blue hair...
Hmmm what hair color would match that blue and do any other ponies have that color on their toy version? RD's blue in her tail is too light in color to match the color for Twilight (one ID site says her hair is dark indigo, which to me is a purple-blue but that tends to look more purple than blue to me x.x) and that blue seems to be used for every pony that has blue in their hair
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2019, 09:09:31 AM »
To me Twilight Sparkle's hair colors look purple, pink, and other-shade-of-purple, no blue.

It would have been nice if we got ONE Twilight Sparkle toy that had her accurate show hair color. :pout:

NYOOOOM
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »
To me Twilight Sparkle's hair colors look purple, pink, and other-shade-of-purple, no blue.

It would have been nice if we got ONE Twilight Sparkle toy that had her accurate show hair color. :pout:

NYOOOOM

What in the heck is that?!!   Looks like something that came from Sid’s bedroom.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2019, 10:07:29 AM »

NYOOOOM

What in the heck is that?!!   Looks like something that came from Sid’s bedroom.

She obviously ate her car.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2019, 10:11:52 AM »

She did have blue hair at one point in development though. I suspect this is the origin of the dark indigo color in her hair.

(From the "Art of Equestria" book)

Kinda wish she'd kept the blue hair. If there's one thing that bothers me about the Mane 6 constellation, it's that everyone except Applejack has pink and/or purple hair (Well, it's only one streak in Rainbow Dash's case, but still).

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2019, 10:35:47 AM »

She did have blue hair at one point in development though. I suspect this is the origin of the dark indigo color in her hair.

(From the "Art of Equestria" book)

Kinda wish she'd kept the blue hair. If there's one thing that bothers me about the Mane 6 constellation, it's that everyone except Applejack has pink and/or purple hair (Well, it's only one streak in Rainbow Dash's case, but still).

:) Yes looks pretty close to me.

I like the all blue.. but I do think the final product is more unique.

People's computers/tv screens show different colors.. and people interpret colors differently too.

I personally have to see something in print (examined in correct lighting) to be able to determine color. All I have is a MLP comic book... which does have just straight vector art printed on the back cover, and first page. :) the back cover with spot gloss skews more blue, and the inside matte page skews purple. XD

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »

I agree with that on an individual level, her final look is a more appealing design. But when you look at them as a group the lack of diversity in hair colors bothers me.  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »

NYOOOOM

She obviously ate her car.

:lmao:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »

I agree with that on an individual level, her final look is a more appealing design. But when you look at them as a group the lack of diversity in hair colors bothers me.  :lol:

I totally agree with that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal