collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed  (Read 14832 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2019 Exclusive revealed
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »
The head is so strange and off.

I think there is a weird effect caused by the placement of the eye. The decal is perfectly horizontal when it should be a little tilted to fit the head shape more.

Kinda like so:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:54:17 PM by Zapper »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »
I don't appreciate that Hasbro made a new mold for Twilight and made her special and pearly and yet Sparkle is just a regular shmegular mold they sold before. They could have pearlized her as well. But at least it shows off who the target audience for this is:
the people who buy the retros :devious:

But the Twilight Sparkle has bangs.  That is probably the “extra” on her. 

I’m confused as to why they didn’t have Basic Fun help them out on this.

Unless this is a possibility for G5 and they are throwing it out there to see the reaction.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:50:52 PM by Sunset »

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 12:55:32 PM »
Unless this is a possibility for G5 and they are throwing it out there to see the reaction.

I wish. Considering this is like a mini G3, I would love it.

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
She’s cool! I love pearly ponies!
But she reminds me of the g3 fakies that are shrunken down versions of the original moulds, like the sparkle fakies, and also the McDonald’s ponies! The g1 eye on a tiny g3 body looks a little odd to me! I always thought that pose had an odd neck! Still, it’s nice to see something g3 ish pop up!

Zapper, she looks so much better like that! I would 100% get her if that was how she looked, it looks a lot more natural!
Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 01:28:28 PM »
The issue with the eye I think, is that there's no sculpting. The eye being horizontal instead of tilted with the head is something that just about every G1 has in common, look at the Collectors, the sitting pose, etc (however, G3s have their eyes tilted).

This Twilight has a very flat face, no sculpting at all in the eye area. G3s and G1s have very clear eyelids and eyeballs. G4s have had some minimal sculpting but G4.5s are completely smooth, just like how this Twilight looks.

I'm excited regardless though. :lol: I like seeing something original for once instead of "Pinkie Pie in legwarmers".

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »
 :happy: Pearly G3 Twilight is so pretty!

Post Merge: June 20, 2019, 01:43:44 PM

I don't appreciate that Hasbro made a new mold for Twilight and made her special and pearly and yet Sparkle is just a regular shmegular mold they sold before. They could have pearlized her as well. But at least it shows off who the target audience for this is:
the people who buy the retros :devious:

But the Twilight Sparkle has bangs.  That is probably the “extra” on her. 

I’m confused as to why they didn’t have Basic Fun help them out on this.

I'd be thrilled to death if this was the style of G5.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:43:44 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »
If the new line was like that, it would be good news. But considering they sell it as a G1 vs G4 comparison.. well. I think they should have used a G1 mold. Maybe not the actual Twilight mold, just any other G1 unicorn mold. Or a mix of G1. But something more G1. I wrote G1 six times... sorry.

G1. Please.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 01:55:11 PM »
If the new line was like that, it would be good news. But considering they sell it as a G1 vs G4 comparison.. well. I think they should have used a G1 mold. Maybe not the actual Twilight mold, just any other G1 unicorn mold. Or a mix of G1. But something more G1. I wrote G1 six times... sorry.

G1. Please.

No you didnt. You wrote it 7 times. ;)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »
I like how she looks from far away, but up close I'm not a fan. I think the problem comes when I see her head. As others have stated before I think it's the eyes and how flat the sides of her head are. That and the fact that the head mold looks like Shining Armor's...
I feel as though it's weird that they crossed g1  with g3 for some reason? It's like they were trying to incorporate something from each generation, but they totally skipped out on anything g2-wise. I get that there wasn't really a "twilight" inspiration from g2, but it's just kind of odd...I do like her size though and I think she is very beautiful from afar, I just wish they would've maybe used a g3 unicorn head mold or something for her head...
As for the Twilight Sparkle, I'm pretty disappointed. She's just a regular TS but, WITH BANGS! *Jazzhands* Yeah...no. I'm not buying it. They could've at least used a new unique mold or pearlized her or something to make her really different.
Overall I'm not super impressed. The Twilight is cute but I wouldn't buy both of these for her...I also wish they came out with more of the mane 6, or at least 3 like they did last year...Maybe they could've just released the mane 6 in this style and not the g4.5 counterpart? Idk. I guess I shouldn't complain but...I just have a lot of opinions on this.

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
I like how she looks from far away, but up close I'm not a fan. I think the problem comes when I see her head. As others have stated before I think it's the eyes and how flat the sides of her head are. That and the fact that the head mold looks like Shining Armor's...
I feel as though it's weird that they crossed g1  with g3 for some reason? It's like they were trying to incorporate something from each generation, but they totally skipped out on anything g2-wise. I get that there wasn't really a "twilight" inspiration from g2, but it's just kind of odd...I do like her size though and I think she is very beautiful from afar, I just wish they would've maybe used a g3 unicorn head mold or something for her head...
As for the Twilight Sparkle, I'm pretty disappointed. She's just a regular TS but, WITH BANGS! *Jazzhands* Yeah...no. I'm not buying it. They could've at least used a new unique mold or pearlized her or something to make her really different.
Overall I'm not super impressed. The Twilight is cute but I wouldn't buy both of these for her...I also wish they came out with more of the mane 6, or at least 3 like they did last year...Maybe they could've just released the mane 6 in this style and not the g4.5 counterpart? Idk. I guess I shouldn't complain but...I just have a lot of opinions on this.

It does look a bit off, but I'll take the G1/G3 Fakie Twilight over Reboot G4's awful bird-beaked faces and noodle legs anyday of the week.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 02:37:57 PM »
It doesn't look like a G1 which is my problem. I don't like a company advertising something that isn't even right. I mean we are talking hasbro here, the people that made MLP and they can't even bother to actually make it a g1?

It really looks more like a G3 just looking at this image. So for me, how can we show newer fans and collectors the difference if Hasbro can't even get it right?

I don't have an issue with other gen of MLP, I like all MLP but I don't like something being sold that doesn't qualify as what it's supposed to be...maybe it'll look different in person...but I don't think many of us who can recognize G1's or know the difference are ever gonna say that's a G1 style MLP.

It looks like they took G1 eyes and plastered them on a G3 body style. :(
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 02:43:18 PM »
Every time I look at the face....DINOSAUR....just pops right in there.  Not really sure why...  G1+G4=G5 :lol:

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »
Every time I look at the face....DINOSAUR....just pops right in there.  Not really sure why...  G1+G4=G5 :lol:

Apparently this is what happens when G1 and G4 ponies have babies.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 02:49:09 PM »
It doesn't look like a G1 which is my problem. I don't like a company advertising something that isn't even right. I mean we are talking hasbro here, the people that made MLP and they can't even bother to actually make it a g1?

It really looks more like a G3 just looking at this image. So for me, how can we show newer fans and collectors the difference if Hasbro can't even get it right?

I don't have an issue with other gen of MLP, I like all MLP but I don't like something being sold that doesn't qualify as what it's supposed to be...maybe it'll look different in person...but I don't think many of us who can recognize G1's or know the difference are ever gonna say that's a G1 style MLP.

It looks like they took G1 eyes and plastered them on a G3 body style. :(
I agree with you very much so. There's a ton of truth in that statement. :iconclap:

On the other hand, this is a Twilight being on a G3ish, but still unique mould as its not completely G3.

And let's be honest, if Hasbro had simply done nothing more then grab Basic Fun Twilight and put it in there with Reboot Twilight Sparkle, people would whine about Hasbro being twice as lazy. So at least there's something kinda new and unusual.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:02:58 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
O_o I don't see G3 in her-- she looks like a modern G1. Like the retro artwork..

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal