collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony is back with the 21 Day Challenge  (Read 12363 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony is back with the 21 Day Challenge
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »
I managed to eat well today, although I’m still struggling with that general dysphoria I get when I diet. XP I wonder if it’s something I should bring up to my doctor... It’s not like irritation or cravings... it’s more like a constant feeling of disinterest in my daily life. :/ Almost like depression, but much less severe than when I ACTUALLY had depression. Blah. I’m tired of dealing with it.

On a more positive note, I did lose a little weight.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2019, 05:53:33 AM »
I understand the feeling. I used to do miss America pageants  and yeah diets suck. When I aged out I struggled with weight as I didnt have the pressure....now I allow for rewards. First it was a treat. Fun size candy if I ate healthy that day. If I was doing really well I rewarded myself with a controlled portion of something I craved. Fast gets me a lot...fried haha so I could have a small french fry if I had a good week. I dont gave to reward myself as much now because I got used to the other foods. Now getting cherries is my reward:)

I need help with motivation. I start my day well and then become sad and lazy and not want to move:( any advice? I know sleep could help but that will improve after this week.

I am allowed to buy the stranger things pony, so I better earn it:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2019, 06:15:50 AM »

I need help with motivation. I start my day well and then become sad and lazy and not want to move:( any advice? I know sleep could help but that will improve after this week.

You might be already doing this but what helps me motivate myself is when I wake up, I will make a clear set of goals that is reasonable in my timeframe and then set out to accomplish it! Say it’s weight for example, I want to loose 5 LBS in 2 weeks so I can make a plan for every day up to the last day. I also feel really satisfied crossing things off a list so...hope this is helpful!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:19:50 AM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 06:21:08 AM »
Mostly, I’m tired of buying clothes, only to have them not fit a few months later because I lost or gained weight. I’ve been in constant flux since I was a teenager, and it’s really getting old. I love fashion, sewing, and costuming, so it’s very frustrating for to me to not have a consistent size. :shrug:

Thank you for the support. :) Food-based rewards never end well for me, because I can’t have junk food of any kind in the house... or I will eat it. I like to reward myself with shopping instead. I’m trying to focus on the big payoff in the end, which will be a major shopping spree for new clothes that fit me well. :D

On that note... I’ve almost cleared the junk food out of the house. Now to KEEP it out of the house, lol.

You might be already doing this but what helps me motivate myself is when I wake up, I will make a clear set of goals that is reasonable in my timeframe and then I have a goal! Say it’s weight for example, I want to loose 5 LBS in 2 weeks so I can make a plan for every day up to the last day. I also feel really satisfied crossing things off a list so...

I like the idea of making a list of goals! I haven’t done that in a long time, but maybe it would help me feel less “blah” about the whole thing. It might also help me feel better about the tougher, long-term goal if I had smaller achievements I could check off along the way...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
Think of doing these things as a gift to Future You
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 11:46:07 AM »
I second that! It’s really a great motivation!

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2019, 01:41:42 AM »
Hi all, sorry I've been absent! I was travelling for a week so I had to take a break from running, but I probably took 10k+ steps each day so that should make up for it. (Plus we had to run through the airport to catch our flight, haha!) I did another 5min+2min x2 exercise yesterday and I think I can continue with the programme without problems. :)

The conference trip was not ideal regarding sleep either, I was sharing a room with a colleague and we often ended up chatting about everything until midnight. I'm taking some time off now, though, so I should be able to fix that! 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2019, 07:22:02 AM »

I also like the idea of a goal list that you can mark off.  However, if you don't manage to mark off everything on the list, you're not allowed to feel bad about it.  Just accept that maybe some things took longer than you anticipated or you had other things come up that needed to be done.  Consider your list for tomorrow partially made!

Can you listen to music that makes you happy when you start to feel down?  If you listen to upbeat music that might lift your mood and your energy level. 

Perhaps a 20-minute power nap would be helpful. 

If you're relying on caffeinated drinks/supplements (sodas, coffee, 5-hour energy shots, etc.) for added energy, switch to ice water.  Caffeine works as a short term boost once in a while, but if you end up using it regularly, it actually makes you tired faster because your body builds up a resistance to it so you require more and  more to get the same effect.  Yes, quitting caffeine sucks (withdrawals always suck), but once you're over it, you probably won't miss it.

Also, depression and lethargy can be side effects of low blood pressure.  If you suspect you have low blood pressure or if you're on any medications that affect your blood pressure you might want to check with your doctor.

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2019, 07:55:55 AM »
I definitely agree with the music  🎶 I actually play classical/ Baroque/Romantic  music ( I used to think classical was really boring) and it helped me feel more productive or if I need to relax. Taking power naps ( set a timer!) really help as well w/ productivity.

I also like the idea of a goal list that you can mark off.  However, if you don't manage to mark off everything on the list, you're not allowed to feel bad about it.  Just accept that maybe some things took longer than you anticipated or you had other things come up that needed to be done.  Consider your list for tomorrow partially made!

Can you listen to music that makes you happy when you start to feel down?  If you listen to upbeat music that might lift your mood and your energy level. 

Perhaps a 20-minute power nap would be helpful. 

If you're relying on caffeinated drinks/supplements (sodas, coffee, 5-hour energy shots, etc.) for added energy, switch to ice water.  Caffeine works as a short term boost once in a while, but if you end up using it regularly, it actually makes you tired faster because your body builds up a resistance to it so you require more and  more to get the same effect.  Yes, quitting caffeine sucks (withdrawals always suck), but once you're over it, you probably won't miss it.

Also, depression and lethargy can be side effects of low blood pressure.  If you suspect you have low blood pressure or if you're on any medications that affect your blood pressure you might want to check with your doctor.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2019, 05:41:31 PM »
Well... I’m making an appointment with my doctor. My family and I have had suspicions about what the cause of my dysphoria and weight yo-yoing is, but I don’t want to say anything more until I have a proper diagnosis. It’s scary. :cry: The good part is that if I can find a medication that treats my symptoms, things will finally get easier for me... but I’m still very nervous and stressed out about the whole thing. :(

I ate well today, and stayed within my diet. It was a horrifically stressful day too, but I still managed to not use junk food as a coping mechanism.

I second that! It’s really a great motivation!

That’s a good way to think about it! Thanks guys!

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 01:05:41 AM »
Okay, so I slacked on the bike for a couple days but I’m back on track as of Saturday! I actually have lost 2 pounds, which is exciting seeing as I’ve been stuck at the some weight for a couple months now! That’s been some motivation keep to doing more active exercise! Tracking my food has been helping too, I just eat too much if I’m not taking notes.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 09:09:27 AM »
I weighed in today, and I’ve lost 3 1/2 more pounds! Feeling super motivated! :woot:

I also made all of the appointments I needed to.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2019, 06:58:01 PM »
Finally finished sorting through my ponies.  I have not taken pictures but I have a massive list of G3s that are ready for new homes and I think I may rehome my G4 blindbags as well.  They're cute, but I just don't need 200 of them...

I've been doing really good with my physical therapy.  I've even upped the settings on my stationary bike.  :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2019, 10:33:57 AM »
Pokey, I think we need to trade...hehehe:)

Sorry I have MIA. Just got super busy with work, teaching and family visits. Thank you all on the motivation tips. Now I am ready to calm down and really put the work in, I am starting to do my lists and goals again. I have a nice carrot to dangle. My hubby and I won a free cruise almost 2 years ago...haha it’s at the point of you use it or loose it. So I will be going on a cruise Nov/Dec time!!! The only draw back is no winter swap for me this year....I want to do one sooo badly.

But now I need to feel good about myself and get swimsuit ready!!! How’s that for motivation!

Looks like a move in in my future. The job my hubby and I over promised and under delivered. No details but being promised time off for family and a higher position and telling me it won’t happen later, no a company I want to put my time towards. Sadly there are no other jobs in the area. It goes super quiet from Sept -April...yikes. Let’s make my life more crazy.

On a fun positive note.

There is a huge flea market in my area Labor Day, Memorial Day, and 4th July weekend. A dear friend has a booth. I am going to prep my items for sale, and once I feel I have a decent amount, I am going to ask if she will let me share her table. I would do a fee of course and help with their side work. Nice to start and see what it’s like before I dive in. This will start 2020.

For me daily is to write what I need to accomplish that day. I am giving myself bonuses for the amount accomplished. It could be foods, fun, ponies, an excuse to have a lazy day...it’s what I feel is right. I am saving money, so if I choose a non money award, I get a better bonus later:)

For me...back to day 1:)

Nemesis I am sending good vibes and prayers your way!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2019, 11:22:17 AM »
I did really well and then this last week we have had heat advisories and I haven’t been doing much. I did go to a kickboxing class, but it’s time to get back on track.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal