collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony is back with the 21 Day Challenge  (Read 12263 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Healthy Pony is back with the 21 Day Challenge
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 02:47:34 AM »
My goal is to dedicate time to read for ten minutes every day! I used to be a voracious reader when I was little, but lost the habit later in life. I've already checked out some interesting-looking books from the library, so that's a step in the right direction!

Oh yay, this is a great goal! I managed to incease my reading time dramatically last winter when I made sure I always had a book in my purse to read on the bus. For that, small paperbacks are ideal, though! The books currently on my reading list are all heavy so I haven't done much reading lately. :P

//Edit to add today's progress: I completed the first exercise, 5 min walking + 2 min running twice. Turns out it was almost exactly 1,5 km in distance. On the menu tomorrow is a 30 minute walk, then a day off.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:47:03 AM by Griffin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »
Did 5 days at the gym last week! Ate at home all but once and listed a bunch of stuff on eBay!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 07:43:26 AM »
With reading, that's my main problem!  I tend to get into very long, very large, very HEAVY hardback non-fiction.  And it's hard to keep that in your purse when you are using the bus!

I think I need to figure out what my goals can be.  I now have a job where I am outside frequently, I exercise a lot, we are fed healthy foods, etc. so making health goals is too much right now.  I need to figure out WHAT will keep my brain from just collapsing and not being able to function on days off.  I feel like I am not ready to challenge myself to say, "one load of dirty dishes or laundry a day" and that sounds TERRIBLE in the self-care department, but I just... can't do it.  I start folding laundry and then I get so.... tired.  And then I lie down for a nap.  And then 4 hours are gone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:48:31 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 05:00:57 PM »
Maybe a nap timer! Just tiny steps can help towards a goal!!! I love what I am reading so far. The drive, the changes as you learn, and all the positives!!! Keep it up.

Well in the official start I only knitted. Long work day today. 7am to 7pm whew. Might not reach 21 days I. All things
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
Well I’ve been slowly walking again at night trying to prepare my body to get back to hiking again. Also, since I took in a third husky I ordered a duo leash hook up so all three can go with me. I would get one for three but my young girl still has to wear her gentle leader.

My water intake has been a lot better

I’m failing in the food though. I either eat more than I should or go all day not eating. My appetite is everywhere.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 03:34:03 AM »
Phew well I hardly managed to meet my goals for day one! I logged my food for the day and it’s just as I suspected. I’ve slipped up on my good habits and I’m eating way too much. I know that wasn’t really my goal but now I can at least keep an eye on it and be more aware.

I also dragged my sorry self to he bike even though I reaalllyy didn’t feel like it. :P 10 minutes isn’t so bad once you get going, it’s finding the motivation that’s the hard part. Here’s hoping this will help me keep it up!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 08:15:22 AM »
I did the 30-min walk yesterday, and today's supposed to be my day off but nope, time to do some aikido instead! :lol: That also means 30+30 mins walking, unless someone can drive me home. (I really should get my bike repaired, it's only 12 minutes or so by bike...) I'll take a break tomorrow though, will be mostly sitting anyway as I'm going to do a quick day trip to Helsinki.

Minty_Magic, I know what you mean - finding motivation is the worst part! Whatever it is, it's usually not so bad when you just start. But why must it be so hard...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 11:05:51 AM »
Something I’m finding motivating for going walking or running is Zombies, Run if you haven’t tried the app it has people talking to you giving you missions while on your run. You pick up items and try to escape zombies. It has a story to it and lets you use items to build on the compound your staying at. It’s fun.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 03:16:24 PM »
Well... Today I finally took the plunge and lowered my caloric intake. I’ve been working on eating less sugar, and eating healthier meals, but cutting back calories has been the hardest part... I’ve been under a lot of stress, and I have an unhealthy tendency to turn to food as a coping mechanism. Today, and in the months to come, I’m trying to kick that habit. Even healthy foods need to be eaten in moderation, after all.

...This is the really hard part for me. :cry: This is a change I need to make though, and I’m determined to tough it out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:18:24 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
I've been good about my physical therapy, though this last weekend was really hard because I was so tired and disinterested in everything.  I guess that's what happens when your BP drops to 97/64.  I'm so glad the other doctor told me to stop taking that medicine! It just made me feel sick.  I'm feeling much better today, and I had way more energy at work and once I get home it should be easy to do my exercise/PT stuff.  I'm trying to figure out what foods I can eat (not fish!) on the DASH diet.  I get that it's vague to give people choices but some kind of "approved recipes" or something would be nice because I don't cook much and I don't know which recipes would be good and which would need to be altered to be allowed.  For lunch today I went to the store and bought lettuce, carrots, mandarin oranges, a piece of baked chicken from the deli and some lowfat cottage cheese and made a salad.  It was actually pretty good.  The cottage cheese (and possibly the chicken) had sodium in it, but I didn't use much so I think I'm still good for how much I'm allowed to have a day.  Not sure what I'm doing for dinner yet.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2019, 06:24:18 PM »
I really need motivation. I know what I want to do and need to do, but I. Just want to be lazy:p the day is done for me. But all that means is in the morning I will start mb asking a better choice.

I have 4 things on my list, and each day I dont have the time to do all. But I can do 2 out of 4. So I challenge to be motivated each day for 21 days!!!

Keep up with the great things!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »
I know I didn't fill in my goals yet but I have been trying to get at least 10,000 steps a day and all of my active hours. On my Fitbit my active hours are from 9am-5pm.  You have to take at least 250 steps an hour to get "win" an active hour dot. I got all of my dots yesterday and all but 1 today. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2019, 08:04:07 PM »
Exercising was so much easier today than it has been all weekend!  I think I may up the difficulty level tomorrow.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »
Getting dots is a great goal!!!

Way to go on up the exercise!!!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 12:19:41 AM »
Well my eating is still outside what I would prefer. I put Myfitness Pal back on my phone. I’m getting my walking/running in thanks to the Zombie App. I’m only on mission three now, but it’s fun. I’ll see if I can do a morning and evening time to get more in.

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal