collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spanish Post  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Spanish Post
« on: June 19, 2019, 04:33:55 AM »
Can Arena members who have dealt with Spanish post tell me how fast/slow they are? I sent a parcel to someone (not eBay, not Arena, just friend-friend) on the 4th of June from Scotland, and it still hasn't been received. The receiver says that the post is a nightmare there, but I would like to hear from others who have sent to Spain
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Post
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 06:34:17 AM »
Oh no! That’s not good! When I have posted things to Spain from America
( this was for retail)it has only taken around 5-7 days but when I have mailed to places like France it took around two weeks. So I don’t know if you package would have to go through any other countries but I hope this helps..... sending packages is confusing!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »
I've never had a problem with sending things to Spain or receiving things from there within a week, but if the recipient says the post there is a pain then it's probably worth giving it a bit more time. I've found international post is really random sometimes. If you don't have tracking you'll never know for sure but in the last few years I've had packages sent from here end up going to Holland via China and from the US to here via Dubai and Bangladesh. Most recently from Japan to here via Moldova, Germany, Italy and Romania. In short, sometimes mistakes happen.

Apparently it's not uncommon for things to end up in the wrong country, get delayed and then sent back to the right one. It's to do with scanners at airports messing up. So it's possible this has happened there.

BUT I think it's most likely sitting in customs. Because even if it doesn't need to go through customs (EU), sometimes things sit there anyway because of a backlog on other stuff.

Fingers crossed it turns up soon.

Maybe one thing your friend could do is check the local depot to see if it's waiting there and just no notification has been sent out or left. That happens a fair bit here in some areas, so I guess it might happen over there as well?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:24:27 AM »
Most important question: was this item shipped with tracking and insurance? And what method (USPS, courier, first class, priority, etc)?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
Most important question: was this item shipped with tracking and insurance? And what method (USPS, courier, first class, priority, etc)?

From Scotland I assume it was sent Royal Mail....
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
Sent by: Royal Mail
Insured/tracked?: No
Normal time for delivery: In my experience, 5-7 days.

Normally for Europe it is 5-7 days. Italian post is notorious and my buyer wayyyy back insisted on tracked because otherwise it would disappear. The receiver of my parcel has checked his local depot, and there IS a return address, so if it gets lost it should hopefully come back to me. There's nothing that should flag it to customs; it's a framed cross-stitch and some chocolate plus a packet of crisps, all of which are declared.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
This may sound weird but I wonder if declaring them is part of the issue.

While we're still in the EU (heh), we don't need to fill in a custom form on a package going to another EU country.  So I wonder if the fact there was a declaration on it has meant it's gone into the check line rather than the EU line...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:03:54 PM »

While we're still in the EU (heh), we don't need to fill in a custom form on a package going to another EU country.  So I wonder if the fact there was a declaration on it has meant it's gone into the check line rather than the EU line...?

Oh, heck, that's a REALLY good point! I declared just out of habit since I do so much international post, I'll pass that along to the receiver that that might be the issue

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:03:39 AM »

Oh, heck, that's a REALLY good point! I declared just out of habit since I do so much international post, I'll pass that along to the receiver that that might be the issue

That's definitely something to consider- it could have ended up in customs because there was a label on it, which would cause a delay   :nod: 
  The other thing is- and you probably know this already - while many things shipped between UK/Europe  arrive within 7 days - sometimes a lot faster, other times it can take up to 2-4 weeks. I've had that happen before with shipping to Spain, Greece, even Germany. I wouldn't worry too much about the parcel at this stage. :relaxed:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal