collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Tail Rust  (Read 1288 times)

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
G3 Tail Rust
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:11:17 PM »
Might be a weird question, but I was wondering if there is a list of G3s that have metal tail washers so I could know wether to preemptively remove them from the ponies I have. For reference I currently only own Desert Blossom (who has some brown near the base of her tail so I’m opening her up regardless), Precious Gem, Forsythia, Sparkleworks II, and Moondancer

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Tail Rust
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »
If I am correct, I think that they started using non metal washers on ponies in G4 but I think all the G-3's have metal washers... I have never seen one without one that is a G3
Unless you want to, you wouldn't have to remove all the metal washers as long as your ponies aren't wet.
Hope this helps! :)

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
If I am correct, I think that they started using non metal washers on ponies in G4 but I think all the G-3's have metal washers... I have never seen one without one that is a G3
Unless you want to, you wouldn't have to remove all the metal washers as long as your ponies aren't wet.
Hope this helps! :)

Oh I totally thought they had changed to plastic at some point during G3, guess not haha. Thank you!

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
Wait g4s have plastic washers now??? Of all the g4s I've opened all of them have metal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 06:00:47 PM »
Oh I guess your right! I don’t think that they have changed using metal washers..

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 06:02:33 PM »
It varies which type is in g3 and g3. G1 are all metal. G2 idk
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 07:09:20 PM »

I know at least some g2s have metal because I've seen tail rust on them before.
As for g3, I think they all have metal. Idk about g4 but all of mine that I've actually opened have had metal ones and I'm sort of up to date on the line so yeah. I don't think they ever swapped to plastic or anything...

You shouldn't have to open up your g3s if they don't show any signs of tail rust. It might even decrease their value if you go in and replace them or even just rip the original neck glue (if they have any). However, it is up to personal preference so if you're planning on giving your ponies frequent spa trips, then it may be a good idea to bust em open and replace them ;) (Or if you don't ever plan on selling your collection and you know this and you just prefer not having to worry about rust later on, then yeah. Otherwise, there really isn't a reason to go through and replace them all?)

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »

As for g3, I think they all have metal. Idk about g4 but all of mine that I've actually opened have had metal ones and I'm sort of up to date on the line so yeah. I don't think they ever swapped to plastic or anything...

You shouldn't have to open up your g3s if they don't show any signs of tail rust. It might even decrease their value if you go in and replace them or even just rip the original neck glue (if they have any). However, it is up to personal preference so if you're planning on giving your ponies frequent spa trips, then it may be a good idea to bust em open and replace them ;) (Or if you don't ever plan on selling your collection and you know this and you just prefer not having to worry about rust later on, then yeah. Otherwise, there really isn't a reason to go through and replace them all?)

i gotta clean and style all of them and i dont want to start the rust so i figured it’d be easier to just replace em now before it becomes a problem?

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 10:58:43 PM »

i gotta clean and style all of them and i dont want to start the rust so i figured it’d be easier to just replace em now before it becomes a problem?
Oh, I see. Well if your washing doesn't involve having to go inside the pony, then if you point the pony with her rear facing down and not directly submerge her she should be fine, especially if you dry her well. However, I understand not wanting to risk it, or if you're going to be cleaning the inside of the ponies as well then you might as well replace them : P Good luck on replacing them!

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 02:56:27 AM »
I've also never seen a g3 without a metal washer, but for what it's worth getting one wet or even dunking her in water entirely (which i have done in the past) doesn't always mean she'll get tail rust. Just make sure they dry out properly and I imagine you'll be fine =)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »
Many, many of my G3 have had proper baths, and shampoos, and some even boil perms or whatever.

Not a single G3 pony I have ever had has gone rusty.

I feel like taking the head off and removing the washer is like demolishing the building and rebuilding it because one window might get cracked. I feel like this with G1 and G2 as well. I understand removing heads and stuff in an actual case of rust - I don't understand it otherwise.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »
I literally just opened up a Garden Glade to customize the other day and she had a plastic washer!! Who'd've thunk!
I've opened a Tea Leaf, Sunny Daze, and Jazz Matazz though and they all had metal, so I think the plastic wasn't used very often or is a factory thing?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 01:42:56 AM »
Yes, most are metal, but there are some plastic washers! I’m working on a list of plastic washer ponies for my website, so I’ll post tit here when I’m done  ^.^ even if they have a plastic washer, I wouldn’t submerge them, as they could still get mould. I’d wipe them down or use a magic eraser (careful on painted parts!) when you wash their hair, towel dry the top of the tail straight afterwards :)

For your sanity’s sake, I wouldn’t remove any g3s head if you don’t need to. Some of them are near impossible to get off! Even the ones with turning heads are a nightmare! If they have no sign of rust, I wouldn’t recommend it! It will only develop if the pony is submerged so I wouldn’t worry if they’re not going to a swimming pool! In my collection of  g3s, I’d say one in 20 have it, so it’s no where near as common as in g1s

Out of the ponies you have, precious gem has a plastic washer  ^.^

I hope this is helpful!
Sunsparkle xx

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 09:01:33 PM »
Yes, most are metal, but there are some plastic washers! I’m working on a list of plastic washer ponies for my website, so I’ll post tit here when I’m done  ^.^ even if they have a plastic washer, I wouldn’t submerge them, as they could still get mould. I’d wipe them down or use a magic eraser (careful on painted parts!) when you wash their hair, towel dry the top of the tail straight afterwards :)

For your sanity’s sake, I wouldn’t remove any g3s head if you don’t need to. Some of them are near impossible to get off! Even the ones with turning heads are a nightmare! If they have no sign of rust, I wouldn’t recommend it! It will only develop if the pony is submerged so I wouldn’t worry if they’re not going to a swimming pool! In my collection of  g3s, I’d say one in 20 have it, so it’s no where near as common as in g1s

Out of the ponies you have, precious gem has a plastic washer  ^.^

I hope this is helpful!
Sunsparkle xx
Ah thank you so much!!! That is helpful and I would love to see that list when its done! And I will only replace the ones that need it then

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal