collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your bait ponies?  (Read 683 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Show me your bait ponies?
« on: June 16, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
I don't know why, but I have this weird hobby of looking up bait ponies on eBay just to see some of the worst conditions a pony could be in. Maybe because it makes me feel better about my more beat up ponies or maybe because it interests me to see how bad a shape a pony can be in. I don't know, I feel like I shouldn't be interested in seeing them but here I am actively asking to see some...
So show me your bait ponies? Could be ponies you bought in a bait condition or ones you've had as a child. To help start the discussion I'll talk about my worst condition pony (I am unable to take pictures at the moment)
My worst condition pony would probably have to be a Princess Royal Blue I got from a friend a while back. She just picked her up off the floor and said "I heard you liked ponies so here's one for you" (keep in mind her house was...well okay to put it bluntly they were hoarders so their house wasn't exactly the cleanest place). I was very thankful for the gift, and I still am today. I also hope that her family is out of the hoarding situation they're in. Anyway, while I do love my pony and everything, she is in a pretty bad condition. Tinsel crushing, dry hair, heavy smoke smell, possible bite marks, scrapped metallic paint, and brown marks ALL over her. Saddly, I can't further access what she has due to the fact that she's in storage somewhere and I got her when I was really young and didn't know much about pony conditions and stuff.
I know that is sort of tame and not exactly bait material, but I don't actively buy bait ponies so that's all I could think of. Also sorry if this is sort of out of place here, I wasn't sure if I should've posted this here or in the customs but I guessed I should've put it here because this isn't really about customs and more about the actual bait ponies themselves? If it's in the wrong category though I'm really sorry!!

EDIT: I also forgot to mention if you don't have any bait ponies but saw a bait pony one, I'd like to hear about your experience as well. Like describe it the best you could? Also if you can't take pictures you can just describe them as I did for mine above.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:05:20 PM by WaterDraw »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your bait ponies?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 01:20:16 AM »
Not too drastic, but here's the condition I found a Sweet Suds in.

Edit: I got her with 3 other ponies, they were all there part wise, just in varying condition. However Sweet Suds was the worst, she was missing her tail entirely, her hair had been chopped down, her neck glue was non existent, her right (?) eye was messed up a bit paint wise and her eyeliner was a bit worn. Also she didn't smell like a scented pony should, she smelt like horrible attic.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:56:09 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 07:10:42 AM »
I like bait ponies too: they are full of possibilities. I have just collected a Very Sad Mexican CJ from the post office. She is missing most of one of her eyes, but that's nothing a little paint can't fix. Her hair is also rather a Challenge, but then again I like Challenges. And CJ is certainly worth it  :)

She is so new that I have no photo yet.

I have rather a lot of bait ponies as I really love restoring / alt. rehairing / generally fixing up ponies and toys. I bought a large lot from England to work on. And as luck would have it I have not as yet had time to do anything with them as yet.

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 09:47:37 AM »
I like bait ponies too: they are full of possibilities. I have just collected a Very Sad Mexican CJ from the post office. She is missing most of one of her eyes, but that's nothing a little paint can't fix. Her hair is also rather a Challenge, but then again I like Challenges. And CJ is certainly worth it  :)

She is so new that I have no photo yet.

I have rather a lot of bait ponies as I really love restoring / alt. rehairing / generally fixing up ponies and toys. I bought a large lot from England to work on. And as luck would have it I have not as yet had time to do anything with them as yet.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes bait ponies :)
Do post a pick of the troubled CJ when you get the chance! She'd be interesting to see, along with the other baits, if there are any interesting ponies in there

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:03:58 PM »
I tend to search for bait ponies. Many times it's a pony that just needs extra TLC. I have found so many hidden gems.

Sometimes a bait looks cool. Some ponies can totally rock the mohawk!!!

I just got a flutter pony with a scraped up foot like she was dragged on cement and Mark's all over, matted hair....but the clean up makes her look near mint:)

I live baits...well except the moment I got baby Quakers head and no body...but I cant toss her!!!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Elva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 02:53:12 AM »
Baits are always interesting! I sadly didn't have any pics, but I got a bait Majesty in a lot a few years back. Her hair was cut to a mohawk, tail had been cut as well, and she was missing 1/2 of her horn. For some reason I really liked her, but I sold her when I stopped collecting in 2014.
When I saw the new My Little Pony movie, I noticed that my bait-Majesty had really looked like Tempest Shadow :biggrin:

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 02:09:40 PM »
I tend to search for bait ponies. Many times it's a pony that just needs extra TLC. I have found so many hidden gems.

Sometimes a bait looks cool. Some ponies can totally rock the mohawk!!!

I just got a flutter pony with a scraped up foot like she was dragged on cement and Mark's all over, matted hair....but the clean up makes her look near mint:)

I live baits...well except the moment I got baby Quakers head and no body...but I cant toss her!!!
It's always a nice feeling to restore a toy that started off as bait :)
Also that's interesting about the baby Quackers head...I'm sure you can find something to do with her? (the only thing I can think of is putting her head on a stick which isn't very inviting to future bait ponies you receive  :wacko:
Baits are always interesting! I sadly didn't have any pics, but I got a bait Majesty in a lot a few years back. Her hair was cut to a mohawk, tail had been cut as well, and she was missing 1/2 of her horn. For some reason I really liked her, but I sold her when I stopped collecting in 2014.
When I saw the new My Little Pony movie, I noticed that my bait-Majesty had really looked like Tempest Shadow :biggrin:
That's really cool how your renegade Majesty was basically Tempest Shadow before Tempest Shadow...Also I would totally love a bait like that. Just hearing what your Majesty looked like makes me think of a rebel princess sort of idea. Baits are always cool when you could take something on them that'd usually be a down-factor and making it a part of their overall character.  :biggrin:

Mimic drawn by me~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal