collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That last mountain boy.  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
That last mountain boy.
« on: June 13, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
From far across the ocean, thanks to member h1m3, my last mountain boy (and big brother) has arrived.  I now have them all!

I also received Love Token, so now I just need one more romance pony.

And my Sweet Celebration family is now complete as well.

And finally, this awesomely minty baby Cherries Jubilee. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's all my boys I found today.  I have a MOC Chief, he's somewhere in the MOC/MIB boxes.  Slugger, Salty and Four Speed are hiding somewhere too.  I went through tubs and tubs and tubs just to find the guys for this photo, LOL!

And I didn't realize I had so many doubles.  Both Quarterback's are from Hong Kong, but one has more purply eyes and the other is pink.  Probably fading?  And I've asked this before on a Parasol post, but my Tex's have hair falling opposite from one another.  Interesting.

[stickied 15/6/19 - kiwimlp :) ]
unstickied 21/6/19
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:05:23 PM by kiwimlp »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: That last mountain boy.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:54:28 PM »
Whoa! Congrats!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 02:15:21 AM »
Congrats!  :)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:41:38 AM »
oh yes! I'm so happy for you! Might I perhaps ask you to show us a picture of the complete set if ity's not to much trouble? Please? Also love token is such a lovely pony to own, I just fixed mine's hair. :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 03:33:27 AM »
Sunburst, Tornado and Thundercloud are out because they are recent arrivals, but everybody else is in storage so I will have to search for them.  Since I lost my house and had to move in with family, I don't have a lot of display space so most of my collection are in tubs under the bed and in the closet.  But I'll try to find them. 
Several of my recent overseas ponies seem to have thin, straight hair that could use some styling.  It doesn't even curl around the neck like Applejack and Bowtie's hair does.  Is this normal for straight haired Euro ponies?

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 02:28:14 PM »
Congrats on completing your BB set.  What a lovely milestone in your collection.  Baby Cherries Jubilee is one of my all time favourite ponies (so cute!), and I also love the family sets, so yes, this is an awesome brag!  Huge congrats and thanks for sharing :frolic: :cheer: :happy:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »
Sunburst, Tornado and Thundercloud are out because they are recent arrivals, but everybody else is in storage so I will have to search for them.  Since I lost my house and had to move in with family, I don't have a lot of display space so most of my collection are in tubs under the bed and in the closet.  But I'll try to find them. 
Several of my recent overseas ponies seem to have thin, straight hair that could use some styling.  It doesn't even curl around the neck like Applejack and Bowtie's hair does.  Is this normal for straight haired Euro ponies?

If the question is about ponies like Love Token, then the way they are rooted is pretty much like some of the later US ponies, with no forelock, and just long without much actual shape to them. It can make styling some of them a pain, especially if the head is turned. If the others, I'm not sure that's a thing. Gypsy etc would have hair like AJ and BT to curl under, and such. But yes, Romance Ponies have long hair that isn't excessively styled...Also a problem (?) for cookery ponies and schooltime ponies. I have seen some of the school ones with pretty horrible hair though I have never had one of those from new.

I had Vanilla Treat new, and Love Letter and Love Story, my sister had Love Token and they all had long and not really styled hair, but not thin. My sister's Love in a Mist (was second hand)'s hair isn't quite as nice but that might be playwear?

Congrats on finishing the set :D I knew you'd find a Thundercloud somewhere :D Will be great to see them all together when you find the other guys!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:01:08 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 02:32:09 PM »
Updated with photos of the boys together.  And baby Sweet is with her Daddy (mom and big bro are in storage somewhere).

Taffeta, I agree, they need some styling.  My schooltime, romance, and even my two Tales ponies just have straight, lifeless, hair.  I want it to curl, but even though I love ponies, I hate trying to fix hair.  I don't know if it's because I'm a guy, or clumsy hands, or I'm impatient, but I have tons of ponies that need a spa day!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:36:54 PM by Gator »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 02:54:56 PM »
Ah, they look great together! It's so satisfying to see them all in a line like that. One of the nicest early sets :D They do look like they're all in good condition as well :D

The school ponies just really have flat hair in general :/ If you find one with good hair you kind of cling on to it for dear life as many of them don't xD.

You're right, the tales ponies also have that kind of hair. My sister and I were lucky with that set as we had them all from new between us (clearance <3) but one of them I had from new on holiday and despite all the abuse I put her hair through (braiding, beading, bows) it's actually still pretty decent so I think it's not a hard and fast rule that lots of play makes it dry. I wonder if there's something hit and miss in the fibres. I guess the fact my Bright Eyes no longer has crimpy hair despite spending some years braided also suggests they won't hold style long term so maybe curling it would drop out anyway...?

I also think the long hair looks better on ponies that face forward. It's awkward on the shy pose and the Love token pose because it lacks shape and it doesn't help that it's put in the package in a ridiculous way as well...

If you don't want to spa them though you don't have to :D Possibly even a shampoo or condition through might help them.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 03:48:56 PM »
Wow, that’s amazing! :cheer: Major congrats! You have a very impressive collection!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:25 PM »
Wow, huge congrats!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 02:16:18 AM »
They all look so good together! Congrats!
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal