collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Majesty's kill count  (Read 937 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Majesty's kill count
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:01:07 AM »
As we all know, queen Majesty was pretty ruthless in the UK expanded universe and she didn't mess around when someone tried to hurt her pony subjects (and that's what everyone loves her for). Does anyone have a record, though, of exactly how many enemies she dealt with permanently? The ones I can recall are the following:
  • Topaz, Jade and other trolls she turned into foam in "The Trolls and the Castle of Darkness".
  • Zelda the which, whom she painted over while still trapped in the picture, and it was explicitly said she was "gone forever".
  • Stone-Hearted Sorcerer, whom she vanished out of existence while he was standing on the rainbow bridge.
  • (disputable) Green Eyes the goblin, whom she turned to stone, and even though he could probably get unpetrified, her words heavily implied it was permanent, which would pretty much be equal to death.
  • (disputable) Wanda the witch, whom she permanently turned into a tree (see above).
  • (disputable) Hermit the old crab, whom she turned into a literal crab constellation at his own request when he complained about feeling old and tired of his body, although the exact nature of this transformation is hard to determine, especially considering that constellations are apparently just another race of sentient beings in this universe.
Do you know any other examples?
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty's kill count
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
The story about the enchanted painting is one of my favorites. I don't have more examples to share but I'm sure someone who knows the comic stories better than me will be able to share some. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »
Gee I didnt know majesty was so fierce! Pretty bad ass tho, however I also like the reformation part g1 had.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
Hence why all of my Majesty ponies are all going to e customs I don’t like her.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
As someone who grew up with the UK pony lore, this kind of question irritates me.

Aside from taking Majesty's few decisive actions out of context (most villains face non-fatal punishments) it also ignores the fact that the UK pony lore is not all about one pony but about a lot of ponies, many of whom deal with enemies on their own without Majesty.

It also completely ignores that Majesty isn't the most magical pony in the UK story canon.

And the fact that there are a lot of UK stories in which Majesty plays no part at all.

I get that Majesty is fascinating to people who didn't grow up with her having any relevance, but context is important. She is a key character here in a limited time period but there are many other ponies in this equation too.

UK pony lore is dear to me so I really dislike seeing it pulled out of context like this.

Also, it's not an expanded universe. It's an entirely separate one with no connection to the G1 animated series or US books or cassettes. It ran for 10 years on its own rules...which I think is one of the reasons people find it hard to get to grips with in a broader sense.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 07:29:39 AM »
The Green Eyes the goblin one is the funniest to me because Majesty "laughs softly" afterwards and goes back to the party she was pulled away from.  And also the illustration shows him, like, cowering on his knees.

"Well, that's the last trick you'll ever play."

Stone cold.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 04:42:51 AM »
Taffeta, what were other UK stories/characters like? Do you have any favorites?

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 05:15:59 AM »

I didn't know she was like that either, but I like it.  :P

The Green Eyes the goblin one is the funniest to me because Majesty "laughs softly" afterwards and goes back to the party she was pulled away from.  And also the illustration shows him, like, cowering on his knees.

"Well, that's the last trick you'll ever play."

Stone cold.

Yeah that's pretty brutal.  :devious:

Edit: LOL found this while browsing Majesty pic's. For you anime fans:

Spoiler
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:31:38 AM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal