collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are your ponies gay?  (Read 4204 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
are your ponies gay?
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:13:25 AM »
Hello,

I saw heftysmurf76 post about the fim same sex couple in the show and was wondering. Do you have any non straight ponies in your herd?

I have windwhistler and fizzy as lesbians dating, same with sweet stuff and love token. Also my tex is a ftm trans pony, cause I need somewhere to project my transness if that makes sense  :blush:

Do you headcanon them, gay, trans, nonbinary or one of all the other things?

If so, please tell/show me. Thank you. :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: are your ponies gay?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »
I suppose I've always thought of my ponies as nonbinary! Even when I was a kid and before I knew that word or concept even existed I never saw my ponies as male or female exactly, they were just kind of who they were! In a way thats still how I sort of see them today!

I also definitely always shipped Starcatcher and Skywishes and have seen them as a couple. They are so in love. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:39:37 AM »
Yes, my pony collection has its share of same-sex couples. Couples usually come about when we buy ponies from the same seller and they just seem to fit together. This is what happened with Tex and Sunburst, and also with Moondancer and Moonstone (who are now adoptive parents of a motley crew of baby ponies). Bridal Beauty and SHS Dainty are a couple as well, I think that came about because Dainty doesn't stand up properly so was always leaning on BB and we thought they looked cute together. Then when we got BB's veil and accessories we of course had to hold a wedding (my gf and I are 26 going on 6 :lol:. We pretend we're dressing up and posing our ponies to take arty photos of them, but really we're playing :lol:).

My gf wasn't really into creating pony families when she had ponies as a kid (they just all lived together in Dream Castle, and though there were babies there weren't a lot of romances) but she always regarded Applejack and Heartthrob as a couple (despite the fact she didn't actually own Heartthrob!). Reading the stories she wrote about them when she was about 5 or 6, they seem to have been ponies who flew in the face of gender conventions :lol:. They were both described as "strong and brave" and often appeared as heroes saving the other ponies from things. They also looked after Baby Heartthrob. Applejack also switched gender at random, sometimes in the middle of a story! They obviously meant a lot to each other as one story says that Applejack had had a terrible dream, "he dreamt Heartthrob had died. Then he woke up and found it was only a dream". Of course when we started collecting ponies, Heartthrob was one of the first we bought and she's now an item with my gf's childhood Applejack :lovey:.

Cute photos:
Tex & Sunburst: https://imgur.com/a/PEH4ssN
Applejack & Heartthrob: https://imgur.com/a/MjX57Su
Family photo of AJ, Heartthrob and Baby: https://imgur.com/a/NNaedOj
Annoyingly I don't have any photos of Bridal Beauty and Dainty's wedding on my phone!

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 02:07:44 AM »
I think my Flowerburst isn't entirely straight, I've seen her with Royalette and one other pony I can't seem to recall, I think it was another G3. She might be gyromantic (Romantically attracted to feminine people) and Royalette probably isn't straight either.

I also think Sweetberry and Star Catcher are a couple, they might be on the down low though. And they do end up having a daughter in the future, although they don't know that yet because their daughter Sunshower comes from the future all grown up.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 05:08:24 AM »
When I was around 5 I would Modify ( cut their hair!!!) of some of my ponies so that I could have a mom and Dad ( G3’s have no males!) but now I would say that my Ponyland is rather traditional. But now, my ponies are mainly displayed on a shelf
( and in boxes). Making scenes and styling their hair for display is fun though! 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:20:47 PM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »
Yes of course!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 06:02:51 AM »
Yes, my pony collection has its share of same-sex couples. Couples usually come about when we buy ponies from the same seller and they just seem to fit together. This is what happened with Tex and Sunburst, and also with Moondancer and Moonstone (who are now adoptive parents of a motley crew of baby ponies). Bridal Beauty and SHS Dainty are a couple as well, I think that came about because Dainty doesn't stand up properly so was always leaning on BB and we thought they looked cute together. Then when we got BB's veil and accessories we of course had to hold a wedding (my gf and I are 26 going on 6 :lol:. We pretend we're dressing up and posing our ponies to take arty photos of them, but really we're playing :lol:).

My gf wasn't really into creating pony families when she had ponies as a kid (they just all lived together in Dream Castle, and though there were babies there weren't a lot of romances) but she always regarded Applejack and Heartthrob as a couple (despite the fact she didn't actually own Heartthrob!). Reading the stories she wrote about them when she was about 5 or 6, they seem to have been ponies who flew in the face of gender conventions :lol:. They were both described as "strong and brave" and often appeared as heroes saving the other ponies from things. They also looked after Baby Heartthrob. Applejack also switched gender at random, sometimes in the middle of a story! They obviously meant a lot to each other as one story says that Applejack had had a terrible dream, "he dreamt Heartthrob had died. Then he woke up and found it was only a dream". Of course when we started collecting ponies, Heartthrob was one of the first we bought and she's now an item with my gf's childhood Applejack :lovey:.

Cute photos:
Tex & Sunburst: https://imgur.com/a/PEH4ssN
Applejack & Heartthrob: https://imgur.com/a/MjX57Su
Family photo of AJ, Heartthrob and Baby: https://imgur.com/a/NNaedOj
Annoyingly I don't have any photos of Bridal Beauty and Dainty's wedding on my phone!

aww that is so cute! I'm glad your SO has her ponies now :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 07:15:34 AM »
I’ve got two Cotton Candy ponies, both a lesbians raising Baby Cotton Candy, same goes to the two Blossom ponies I’ve got.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 07:22:42 AM »
Some of my ponies are, yes! In my herd I have G3 Pinkie and Minty as a couple, Star Catcher and Skywishes (of course!). With G4 I very much ship Starlight and Trixie together, both in my G4 and G4.5 displays I have them next to each other. I also really like Moondancer and Glory together for G1, though I don't have them both yet, I have Moondancer but still need Glory. And I have Baby Glory but need Baby Moondancer... whenever I have all four they're going to be a family. <3

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SaraMari

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »
Nope there are no relationships of any type, they are just cute plastic toys that sit on the shelves

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
My pony shelves are a lesbian paradise all my ponies are lesbians why not :lovey: :lovey:
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:53 AM »
I definitely have some.  The most recent one is Moondancer and Skydancer, they are such an elegant couple!  I also paired up Denim Blue and Peri Winkle and Abra-Ca-Dabra and Dazzleglow (a cross-generational ship, gasp!).  I also am convinced Hidden Treasure is a lesbian, but just hasn't found anyone yet.  Hang in there girl!  I tend to just invent these pairings as I place them together on shelves.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
Nope there are no relationships of any type, they are just cute plastic toys that sit on the shelves

This, basically. When I was a child my ponies did have characters of course, but that didn't go much further than just mum and dad, as far as relationships go.

He knows that they're the fool...

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »

This, basically. When I was a child my ponies did have characters of course, but that didn't go much further than just mum and dad, as far as relationships go.

This for me too. I'm not fussed about my ponies having relationships with each other. I wasn't really as a kid either. I would sometimes make CJ and Snowflake boys if I wanted more boys for some reason as I only had 3 actual adult boys, but I never thought much about gender as a kid.

Although I did that with Snowflake and CJ, I am generally pretty strict on gender to what the comics or cards say a pony is (so Sportstime is a boy, sniffles from sniffles and snookums is a boy, etc). However my ponies aren't really bothered with romance. They were always too busy battling zombie invasions and the ghostbusters when I was a kid anyway...

Don't really see the need to define fantasy toys by human standards I guess :) As an adult for they are as much a history project as they are a 'toy', so they are working ponies in that sense.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:49:54 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 02:10:02 PM »
Just my childhood ponies in my sig. The rest of my ponies don't really have in depth characters or relationships.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal