collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are your ponies gay?  (Read 4200 times)

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Re: are your ponies gay?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
 I only collect G3 so... Probably.

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
Oh, of course! If I'm gay, then the ponies have to be gay too. Duh.

This is basically how it is for me too ^^

when i was a kid i didn't really know that gay people existed, and i grew up with g3, so there weren't many relationships in my herd- apart from cotton candy's off-screen "husband" (later portrayed by a ratty old g1 posey), because hey, butterscotch and baby pink sunsparkle had to come from somewhere.

nowadays, it's just... yeah, i'm gay, so my ponies are gay too. that's just how it works, duh. I don't have many couples but g3 applejack and spring fever are of course a butch/femme lesbian couple. and cotton candy disapproves of butterscotch's flighty girlfriend shell-belle. and g4 fluttershy and rainbow dash are always displayed next to each other  :biggrin:

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »
Nope.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »
I'm not overly sure about thier relationships. In my ponyverse, most of the male and female ponies live together in large polygamous groups, simply because there are not many boys/brothers. I have three mountain boys and three loving family Daddies, but no UK family Daddies and no Big Brothers. That said, the Gingerbread pose ponies are very androgynous and I do have Sportstime, Shady and Mint Dreams who I think could be boys. There are also many friendships and attractions of different kinds between the girls however I don't have particular long term pairs worked out. I hadn't thought up any gay male couples but that's not to say I think there's anything wrong with it. Maybe I could re-consider that IDK.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »
To think of a few? Magnet Bolt and Sunny Rays, Princess Peppermint and Lily Lightly (I always imagined Lily as a princess, so Peppermint was the lowly peasant who found and married her princess, becoming a princess herself... or something. I guess it's kind of depressing to think of serfdom/feudal classes in the pony world), obviously Skywishes and Starcatcher, Flitterheart and Feathermay, Glory and Bowtie, Prince Firefly and Clever Clover... there's more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

(I don't get how people can look at their ponies and not automatically think up stories and characters for them - must be nice, my stories always get weird and end up with more drama than a soap opera. HORSE WAR HORSE WAR)
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »
my ponies are all gay and have no concept of gender

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
Wind Whistler and North Star are a couple in my cannon. Also my ponysona, Water Drop (not pictured anywhere here lol) is bi and had a girlfriend in the past.
I probably have more that I can't think of at the moment. I used to have a list, but I can't access it now due to it being on another account :(

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Rodneytheponydude

• Smoozed Pony
  • Im the most rootin tootin cowboy in the wild west!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 05:48:36 AM »
I have many same sex couples in my herd! Salty and thundercloud; wigwam and tex; steamer and trucker; firefly and seashell are all couples! 😍

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 06:10:13 AM »
I kinda imagine that all the Big Bro ponies are flaaaaming because they remind me of the YMCA music video :P
Especially Wigwam and Salty. Salty is innn theee naaaavyyyy~

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 09:40:28 AM »
I kinda imagine that all the Big Bro ponies are flaaaaming because they remind me of the YMCA music video :P

Exactly this! 😊

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »
I had in away a gender specified herd. I played that a pony was a boy or a girl. That was the bottom line. Now I did however play that a girl wanted to do boy things and a boy wanted to do girl things. Granted 80s baby. In that time strong female roles were breaking the "man's world" and men broke into "woman's world" if that makes any sense. I did not play too many couples except the prince who loved a poor girl, or the girl who said goodbye to love, so she could rule the world/kingdom.

I will be total honest. Growing up I had no clue. To me, Gay=happy. I for the longest time thought gay meant super happy people. I could tell you so much that I did not understand because no one really talked about those things.

So in young play I could not create it. As I am adult and I do keep my child ways of play. I am hoping to be a writer someday, and I play with them like a story for my book....sets and all.

But it's a world I dont know not fully understand so I am unable to create it in play.

Basically I just dont get it, as I lack experience. BUT that does not mean I love anyone less for how they live their lives. I will forever respect all love and choices as long as the person is happy.

I enjoy childhood play stories. I do believe play is where we break down learning. I still remember getting into a huge fight with a childhood friend and recreating the story with my ponies...I realized how hurtful I was, and really took being kind to heart. I forgave my friend...and well it's ok that she didnt....kids:)

No matter how you played, just keep playing. Turn 37 and I still play with toys:)

Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »

(I don't get how people can look at their ponies and not automatically think up stories and characters for them - must be nice, my stories always get weird and end up with more drama than a soap opera. HORSE WAR HORSE WAR)

I guess I did that more as a kid for the ponies, I wrote lots of stories and stuff for them back then. I also remember writing a whole history of evolution of ponyland when I was around 17 or 18...it used to be on my PC but I don't have it any more I don't think. I write a lot but I think up stories and characters around other things more now.

I guess for me not all characterisations/stories/ideas/imagination should revolve around human concerns.

I'm not really inspired to make my ponies have romance stories and never was even when I wrote stories about them. They were too busy saving the world from x or y invader - or, occasionally, going to magic school (and then saving the world from x or y invader as an extracurricular activity).

I personally never wanted to impose real world stuff on my ponies because there's enough of it in the real world already. Perhaps as a kid I also figured that since ponies can apparently breed using the magic mirror, it really didn't matter if they had relationships or not. As a kid I did have some awareness of what gay was - even though it was the 1980s, my family are pretty liberal and open with stuff and I just accepted it as a normal part of the world so I don't suppose I ever thought about it enough to actively include it in my games. I mean, if the girls were too busy saving the world to date the guys, they weren't gonna have time to date each other either, right...?

I also believe though that it is very much each to their own on subjects like this. The beauty of MLP is everyone has a different perspective.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:08:29 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2019, 02:00:25 AM »

That's exactly how it is with me :lol:. I've always done a mix of soap opera stuff and epic fantasy and it invariably ends up weird!

Agreed! :lol:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:48:50 PM by Shaz »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »
But it's a world I dont know not fully understand so I am unable to create it in play.

Basically I just dont get it, as I lack experience. BUT that does not mean I love anyone less for how they live their lives. I will forever respect all love and choices as long as the person is happy.

Nobody has to reenact somebody elses love life to respect said love life ;) So don't worry.
I don't have a single m/m ship in MLP and only two m/f (Ivy and Firefly in G2 and Ice Crystal and Sparkler in G1). Does not mean I hate the boy ponies, they are just not as interesting to me.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
Incredibly so! I think I have maybe one straight couple in my herd? Everyone else is a lesbian because I don't have any boys, and tbh if I did they'd probably be gay haha.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal