collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are your ponies gay?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: are your ponies gay?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
A few of my ponies are in same sex relationships. I guess I started thinking about it: ponies are like, 5:1 female to male ratio. It would make sense that ponies would be homosexual, and it wouldn’t be frowned upon in pony society. Though most of my herd is single, or just not caring about relationships.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »
Nope there are no relationships of any type, they are just cute plastic toys that sit on the shelves

This, basically. When I was a child my ponies did have characters of course, but that didn't go much further than just mum and dad, as far as relationships go.

This for me too. I'm not fussed about my ponies having relationships with each other. I wasn't really as a kid either. I would sometimes make CJ and Snowflake boys if I wanted more boys for some reason as I only had 3 actual adult boys, but I never thought much about gender as a kid.

Same really.  Even now, I can't see them in relationships.  As a child, I saw them more as talking horses but lived their lives free of romance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
Starshine was always a lesbian in my childhood herd....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 05:31:46 PM »
Mine arent really gay. everyone is straight and I feel like the boys/big brothers have control over all the female ponies o.O.... I didnt have very many relationships in the herd really either.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 06:23:42 PM »
Yes basically all of mine are gay hehe  :lol:
As far as couples I have...
G4 Rarity and Applejack
G4 Trixie and Starlight Glimmer
G4 Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie
G3 Sunny Daze and Bashful Bonnets
G1 Snuzzle and Cotton Candy

Offline nebulavery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 07:37:17 PM »
Oh, of course! If I'm gay, then the ponies have to be gay too. Duh.

Among the G1s, Bowtie is sweet on Glory, but will probably end up with Cotton Candy. No one is sure whether Surprise and Confetti are dating or just really good friends.

As for G3s, Starcatcher is in a secret relationship with Glitterbelle, and Sparkleworks and Cinnamon Breeze are dating. Golden Delicious and Citrus Sweetheart are also a thing. Also, all of the pegasi are nonbinary.

In the world of G4s, Feathermay is an out lesbian, and Trixie is coming to terms with her sexuality (show? What show?).

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 07:44:53 PM »
In my world yeah because it’s what’s most natural for myself. Just like some people see certain ponies as boys I see them mostly as gay or at the very least bi or pan.

Namely I have couples, for example the TAF babies have their mom and another mom that’s the same race. Sugar Sweet/Sweet Tooth for example make baby ST a uni. Gusty and Up Up and Away make baby UUaA a uni too. Twinkler/Milky Way the same but a peg.

I have a couple of specific characters as non binary in my head as well.

WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 09:27:04 PM »
Almost all my ponies are gay. I mean come on there are hardly any boys anyway.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »

You say that like I’m not out here shipping the boys together. >:3c

Seriously though Glory and Moondancer are gay married if you count the porcelain figs as meaning anything. So I honestly think it’s very reasonable to assume that many other lgbt ponies exist.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 10:37:38 PM »

You say that like I’m not out here shipping the boys together. >:3c

Seriously though Glory and Moondancer are gay married if you count the porcelain figs as meaning anything. So I honestly think it’s very reasonable to assume that many other lgbt ponies exist.
Lol, I only like the boys since they are Clydes (my RL mare is a Clyde), but there are no female ones. To be fair with a real horse herd it would be many females and one male with the group but still. Lol, I don’t think I have any boys anymore.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 03:01:44 AM »
As a kid I had two boy ponies, one canon and the other was my interpretation. I had no "daddy" ponies and did not know the big brother ponies existed and I never paid much attention.
I did not know that "gay" or "lesbian" or "bi" could ever be used on a cutesy animal, so I never paid attention to that.

But I had two pony couples that I would put together because they looked good together and they were "super best friends" and one of them took care of a baby pony together. The other ponies were just whatever :lol: I always went with the "baby ponies come from mirrors".

As an adult I do have one canon stallion in my herd, G2 Prince Firefly, and I put him with Ivy, so I guess I have one token hetero couple for ~diversity LOL
But I don't see them as having sexual orientation. They are cute characters and they look cute together. That's it.
To quote Bob's Burgers:
"They make a cute couple, huh?"
-"They certainly are standing next to each other" :lol:

Now ask me about Ratity/AJ because I ship those and I also have a heartbreaking headcanon about who Rarity's real parents are :haha:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
I played with these as a young kid and wasn't interested in romances & relationships of any sort! I didn't even have mummy + daddy families, either! 

I was a tomboy and so were my ponies!  :lol: they often got muddy hooves, but I paid particular care not to scratch them or mess up their hair.

My ponies were girls but only because of the backstories. They spent their time playing horsey-things, like jumping over twig jumps and then later having their manes and tails styled. 

As an adult collector, I do not assign any personality to them, really. I just like looking at them!  :lol:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 09:49:20 AM »
I do not know.  It never occurred to me to ask them... :silly: :haha:  :lol:

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 03:05:23 PM »
Nope there are no relationships of any type, they are just cute plastic toys that sit on the shelves

^This

Online Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 08:01:18 PM »
I've never thought of them being in relationships (besides 2) so I guess I've never really defaulted to thinking of them as straight. Except for the Mommy and Daddy ponies of course, but I don't own any of them yet.
My collection's couple are G3 Royal Rose and Desert Rose. I initially placed them next to each other on my shelf because I think their colours look lovely together, but they have the same surname? So I guess as of now I'm going to consider them married.

Photos courtesy of Strawberry Reef:

Edit: I totally forgot that years ago I found Steamer and Cherries Jubilee together in a charity shop, and Cherries Jubilee was wearing Steamer's bandana. That's something a girlfriend would do, like taking your boyfriend's jacket or sweatshirt. It seemed like they were probably close!  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:06:29 PM by Saiko »
:heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal