collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I sell my 100% complete Paradise Estate for $225?  (Read 586 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Should I sell my 100% complete Paradise Estate for $225?
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:23:40 AM »
Hello! I haven't posted in forever so hello to anyone who remembers me from long ago! I have a beautiful, nearly mint Paradise Estate w/ every accessory (including utensils!) + instructions + box (box is not in great shape but nice to see artwork). I may have interest on FB in it for $225, and it would be very easy to get rid of it that way. But I'm wondering if I should just list it on eBay and see what happens? The completed sales for PEs don't include any that were complete; an incomplete one in good shape recently sold for $178. I remember years ago the complete ones were going for $400+, but lately it seems like they aren't pulling in that much. Any thoughts? Obviously eBay would take its cut, so if it likely won't go above $300 then selling in person for $225 might be best.

FYI if anyone is looking to buy, I'm in central Virginia (but will be driving to Georgia tomorrow so could possibly drop it off in places like Greensboro NC, Charlotte NC, Columbia SC).

Thanks for any input!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Should I sell my 100% complete Paradise Estate for $225?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »
Hello! My advice on ebay as a seller would be to try to sell for the $400 due to the approx. $40 cut+ Paypal fees( if you use paypal). But I would defiantly try to sell it here first to collectors but I would also take note that you might not find another like it for awhile ....That's such a great set! So tempted right now as I am on your route but.... Good luck on your sales! I hope you get a good price!  :satisfied:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:52:59 AM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:27 AM »
If you are selling it online-- figure out what shipping is going to cost you first. That thing is big, right?

So it's most likely going to be considered "oversized" which is going to more expensive.

ex. A 16x16x16 box across the country would be $19.70
if the box was 17x17x17 it costs $62.25

IIRC, sometimes fed ex and/or UPS are better for large boxes... but it's going to be something you'll want to figure out first.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »
If you can sell it locally, I would take the money and run.

Shipping fees for such a big set are likely to scare off a lot of buyers, so you may be waiting a long time for someone to come along with $400+ to spend on it.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »
Yeah nobody will pay shipping.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:34:47 AM »
I agree, if you can get cash without losing the extra fees (non-bidders!) and worry of shipping (damage) I would sell locally...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:46:17 AM »
Thanks for the replies! Hoping to sell it locally (or on the Arena--again, if anyone reading is in Virginia/DC I could probably get it to you, and I occasionally drive through NC, SC, and GA so those are options as well for later in the summer). May put it on eBay ultimately but yes if I do that I'll be prepared to let it sit for a while.

I set it all up the other day to take pictures and I am just AMAZED at how it looks. Just about like it must have in 1986. I never had it as a child so it makes me bummed I didn't get it back then!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal