collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34085 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #330 on: July 05, 2019, 11:17:59 AM »
Do employees seriously run the other way? :blink: Either I’ve never had that happen to me, or I’m too naive to have noticed...

Sure-  they see some lady coming to pester them, they don't want to deal with it, so they pretend they don't see you and hurry off in the opposite direction.  They don't get paid commissions at Target so there is no motivation to wander around being helpful. They are certainly NEVER going to ask you "Hi can I help you with something?"

Of course there may be regional differences.  I speak of Targets in Seattle and So Cal.  I bet the Targets in the midwest are much more friendly...

Huh. I usually get the “Hi! Can I help you with anything? :D” reaction. Maybe I’ve been taking midwestern hospitality for granted all these years. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #331 on: July 05, 2019, 11:31:12 AM »
I live in WNY and the employees at my Target have always gone above and beyond for my hubby and I. One time an employee opened six boxes of ponies trying to find the ones I was missing. It could be though that I am always polite and always talk to the people at mine. Like a lot of them know me by first name and my kids too. Edit: That sounded harsh, I did not mean to imply that people were not friendly, just that I am always too friendly (according to my friends and family) - LOL!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:33:47 AM by Icey »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 05, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »
Do employees seriously run the other way? :blink: Either I’ve never had that happen to me, or I’m too naive to have noticed...

Sure-  they see some lady coming to pester them, they don't want to deal with it, so they pretend they don't see you and hurry off in the opposite direction.  They don't get paid commissions at Target so there is no motivation to wander around being helpful. They are certainly NEVER going to ask you "Hi can I help you with something?"

Of course there may be regional differences.  I speak of Targets in Seattle and So Cal.  I bet the Targets in the midwest are much more friendly...

Huh. I usually get the “Hi! Can I help you with anything? :D” reaction. Maybe I’ve been taking midwestern hospitality for granted all these years. XD

Yeah... Seattle in general is not overly friendly.  Lots of bookish nerds that run for cover. It's not that they are necessarily mean or nasty-   just shy or antisocial mostly. (okay and some are straight up unfriendly  :lol:

The first time I visited a midwestern state the people were so bizarrely friendly-  it was a real culture shock, haha  I honestly had a hard time believing they were sincere at first...  :P

I live in WNY and the employees at my Target have always gone above and beyond for my hubby and I. One time an employee opened six boxes of ponies trying to find the ones I was missing. It could be though that I am always polite and always talk to the people at mine. Like a lot of them know me by first name and my kids too. Edit: That sounded harsh, I did not mean to imply that people were not friendly, just that I am always too friendly (according to my friends and family) - LOL!
Rural areas can be the same way I think-  when I've visited Eastern Washington, the people there are considerably friendlier.  I bet their Target employees are friendlier too.  And I think WNY is pretty rural isn't it?

NYC Is anything BUT friendly-  I visit there a lot (my wife's family) and I'm always getting yelled at by someone for not ordering fast enough or getting my transit ticket fast enough at Penn station (not to mention getting pushed and shoved which is a real treat).

At least the people in Seattle are mostly just anti-social passive aggressive-  my wife complains but when I point out that "aggressive aggressive" can be FAR WORSE, she does not disagree  :lol: :lol:

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 05, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »

Yeah... Seattle in general is not overly friendly.  Lots of bookish nerds that run for cover. It's not that they are necessarily mean or nasty-   just shy or antisocial mostly. (okay and some are straight up unfriendly  :lol:

The first time I visited a midwestern state the people were so bizarrely friendly-  it was a real culture shock, haha  I honestly had a hard time believing they were sincere at first...  :P

I think it must be highly localized to Seattle proper, because I've been to a bunch of Targets from Redmond to Renton, and all the redshirts have been very kind and helpful to me. :blink:

I will say that the cake-taking of Target employees' eagerness to please was in the midwest though. I was living in Indiana when the Basic Fun (then Bridge Direct) original six retros had just come out, and after a lot of looking, Glenn (ilu 4ever) came from the back empty-handed and apologetic. I did the rest of my shopping and was standing in line to check out, when Glenn rushes up to me with a shipping box in his hand! He had stumbled across them in a different section and raced all over the store to try to find me, bless him.

I haven't experienced quite that level of dedication since, but everyone at Target has always been happy to help me. Just making eye contact down the aisle is enough to get a "can I help you find anything?" but maybe I just look perpetually befuddled. Resting distressed face? :lol:

It's worked to my advantage though, since I've been able to help a bunch of international fans get their ST AJ. :) I'm hoping that the next shipment comes in soon because I don't like to clear out the stock at any one location and the pickings are getting slim.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
I created a Stranger Things 3 spoiler discussion thread over on the Off Topic board for those of us who would like to discuss the non-pony aspects of season 3.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,395883.new.html#new

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2019, 01:50:58 PM »
LOL in New England we are known for being friendly but also very independent. Like, store workers are usually happy to help you if you ask, but they won't ask if you need help, you know what I mean? Which is okay by me. I'd rather not be asked "Can I help you?" because it makes me so uncomfortable, like people are watching me.  :blush:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »
Well, it looks like I won't be getting the backpack. Tried one more store today and no luck.

I wanted to order it online but the site says it's out of stock. Anyone know if there's a chance it'll be restocked, or is it time for me to just give up on finding it?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
Well, it looks like I won't be getting the backpack. Tried one more store today and no luck.

I wanted to order it online but the site says it's out of stock. Anyone know if there's a chance it'll be restocked, or is it time for me to just give up on finding it?

I’m waiting for a restock, as well. :( The Target website says “shipping temporarily out of stock”, so I’m hopeful. I really wish I had just ordered it earlier. DX
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
I just found 7 of the ponies at a local Target. They were in the toy section on a Stranger Things display end cap facing the main aisle across from the dvd's/electronics. I only bought one, so if anyone is in the Orange County, California area they were at the Target on Euclid Street & Lincoln Avenue in Anaheim.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2019, 07:15:02 PM »
A non-collector friend of mine claims to have seen the backpack at Hot Topic. I can't say for sure it's the same one at Target, or that it's even there. I don't see it on their website. But it might be worth a try to check it out. So far that's the second person who's told me they saw it at Hot Topic.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »

I found the backpack at Target today. My store had them right at the end of the Back to School section/beginning of electronics section and they were not with the other ST merch. My store also had 3 ST Applejacks.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »
I live in Smithfield, RI and they had several AJ's but no backpack.  I think they had just started to get their new Stranger Things stuff in.  They were just stocking some shirts and must have just stocked the AJ's because there were plenty of them.  I'm thinking the backpack will be there soon, maybe they haven't gotten it yet.

OMG, slightly off topic but did anyone else love The Neverending Story duet with Suzie and Dustin, that was so awesome.

Oh yeah I did buy the AJ, it's pretty neat in person.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #342 on: July 06, 2019, 02:48:01 PM »
NYC Is anything BUT friendly-  I visit there a lot (my wife's family) and I'm always getting yelled at by someone for not ordering fast enough or getting my transit ticket fast enough at Penn station (not to mention getting pushed and shoved which is a real treat).

At least the people in Seattle are mostly just anti-social passive aggressive-  my wife complains but when I point out that "aggressive aggressive" can be FAR WORSE, she does not disagree  :lol: :lol:

Yeah most of us WNYers want NYC to be separate. The city is awful and the rest of the state gets screwed because of it. A politician just actually submitted a bill to split the state and that honestly would be the best thing that could ever be done as far as this side of the state is concerned :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 06, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »

OMG, slightly off topic but did anyone else love The Neverending Story duet with Suzie and Dustin, that was so awesome.

Yes!  It was epic and possibly my favorite part of the season😁.   I’ve also started a thread on the Off Topic board to discuss the show if you want to come join us.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2019, 06:07:25 PM »
I got my backpack last night at a Target in Eau Claire WI.  I had to ask team member.  They had two in back so I took one and she put the other in the ST section in the toys.  There was no space for it yet, so she made a new heading.  There was a nice ST area in the middle of the toy section that had posters, pens, decals, toys and figures.  They haven't been restocked with Applejack since the first set on June 28th. I just finished to third season so I will pop over to the thread discussing it. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal