collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34056 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2019, 09:59:06 PM »
LOL Sunset I love it! Maybe I'll check this show out. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2019, 10:42:24 PM »
Just finished binge-watching season 3! I loved Erica. X3

VAGUE BUT STILL SPOILERY SPOILERS FOR S3:
Spoiler
I started crying at the ending. :cry: I really wonder where they’ll go from here?

ULTRA-SPOILERS:
Spoiler
I really hope the gang is all back together in Hawkins for S4. Why would Joyce be the one to take in El? Considering that El had just begun to act like a normal kid and make friends, it seems incredibly cruel to separate her from the new life she had just started to grow into. ;_; Of the original group, Will is the one she has interacted with the least...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2019, 01:05:13 AM »
I love the Stranger Things Applejack so much! I think she's my new fave. <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2019, 06:08:37 AM »

Spoiler
I started crying at the ending. :cry: I really wonder where they’ll go from here?

ULTRA-SPOILERS:
Spoiler
I really hope the gang is all back together in Hawkins for S4. Why would Joyce be the one to take in El? Considering that El had just begun to act like a normal kid and make friends, it seems incredibly cruel to separate her from the new life she had just started to grow into. ;_; Of the original group, Will is the one she has interacted with the least...

Spoiler
Because Joyce is the only other adult in El's life.  Joyce was exhibiting motherly tendencies towards El back in season 1.  Also, maybe El chose to leave with Joyce for the same reason Joyce was wanting to leave in the first place.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2019, 06:57:36 AM »
So I just finished binge watching season 3.  No mlp toys make an appearance, just the back pack.  However, the quote on ST AJ’s box is more extensive.   I’ll put it in spoilers for those who don’t want any spoilers.

Spoiler
Dustin is accusing Erica of being a nerd and he makes a three point argument.

Dustin: “ and fact number three: you love My Little Pony.”
*hefts Erica’s backpacks*

Erica: “And what does My Little Pony have to do with this?”

Dustin: “Let’s recall the little ponies’ latest adventure shall we?  Evil demon centaur Tirac turns Applejack into a dragon at Midnight Castle and then Megan and the other ponies have to use Moochick’s magic to defeat Tirac and his rainbow of darkness saving them from a lifetime of enslavement.  All the pink in the world can’t disguise the irrefutable fact that castles and centaurs and dragons and magic are all standard nerd tropes.  Ergo, My Little Pony is nerdy.  Ergo, you, Erica, are a nerd.”

Erica:  “ and how do you know so much about My Little Pony?”

Dustin:  “Because I’m a nerd.”

My Little Pony is name checked one more time in a later episode in reference to this conversation.

from an advertisement standpoint is it a lot less mentioning then eggos and new coke?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2019, 07:09:47 AM »

Spoiler

ULTRA-SPOILERS:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Because Joyce is the only other adult in El's life.  Joyce was exhibiting motherly tendencies towards El back in season 1.  Also, maybe El chose to leave with Joyce for the same reason Joyce was wanting to leave in the first place.

ULTRA-MEGA S3 SPOILERS:
Spoiler
Hmm... Yeah, I see your point. It still seems like one of the other families would be willing to take in “Hopper’s orphaned daughter”, since they must know her to at least some degree, as a friend of their own child/children. ...But there wouldn’t be that same connection and understanding as with Joyce, I guess.

I could see where El would want to leave all the trauma that had occurred in Hawkins behind her. But at the same time, she’s also leaving behind Mike, Max, and every other anchor in her life aside from Joyce’s family... A lot of conflict there, but I do see how she might have come to that choice.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2019, 07:13:02 AM »
Ultra mega spoilers.  :lmao: You guys crack me up.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2019, 07:42:16 AM »
Spoiler
I'm such a pedantic, nitpicky nerd; my first thought was "latest adventure? That's weird wording considering RaMC was the first MLP cartoon!". XP Plus the anachronistic use of "trope" that was pointed out earlier in the thread.

(edit) although hey, A+ to the writers for actually doing the research instead of just making stuff up! :D Pretty cool to have such a detailed shout-out.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 07:51:36 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Elva

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2019, 07:52:30 AM »
Not really spoilers but I'll hide it anyway  :blush:
Spoiler
I cried SO MUCH. Even though I think this was definitely "worst" season so far. Of course the first one was amazing, and the second one was just the best thing ever. But this season was a bit messy. Still great though! I loved the MLP reference! :lol:

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »
Ultra mega spoilers.  :lmao: You guys crack me up.

:biggrin:

Spoiler
I'm such a pedantic, nitpicky nerd; my first thought was "latest adventure? That's weird wording considering RaMC was the first MLP cartoon!". XP Plus the anachronistic use of "trope" that was pointed out earlier in the thread.

(edit) although hey, A+ to the writers for actually doing the research instead of just making stuff up! :D Pretty cool to have such a detailed shout-out.

Spoiler
That was my first thought, too. XD I’m going to rationalize it by imagining that RaMC just aired as a rerun on TV, or else Erica/Dustin just rented the video for the first time. Kids back then didn’t have the internet to tell them what order the episodes went in. XD

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2019, 08:10:34 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler
That was my first thought, too. XD I’m going to rationalize it by imagining that RaMC just aired as a rerun on TV, or else Erica/Dustin just rented the video for the first time. Kids back then didn’t have the internet to tell them what order the episodes went in. XD

Spoiler
Oh thank god it wasn't just me XD But yeah, that makes sense, I didn't think of it like that. Hehe.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »

I was told by a Target employee (as she handed a pony over) that the official shelf date was June 30...   

Post Merge: July 03, 2019, 03:57:05 PM

Is anyone else having a hard time finding the backpack? According to Target's website, several stores in my area have it in stock, but at the one I just went to, it wasn't even in the back despite their website saying they had it. One employee said he remembers seeing it this morning, but that's as close as I got.

I'm likely going to check another store tonight. Hopefully I have better luck there.

You could always just order it online?  You can ship directly to you for a pretty low shipping cost- or for no shipping cost- you can ship it to your local Target store.  https://www.target.com/p/stranger-things-16-34-kids-39-my-little-pony-backpack-purple-green/-/A-54359545
[/quote]

Ordering it online is my last resort. I'd rather check out my local stores first.
[/quote]

But you don't have to order it shipped to your house- you can have it shipped to your local store.  That way you wouldn't have to call around, the store of your choice would have it there waiting for you  :biggrin:

Post Merge: July 05, 2019, 09:04:22 AM

I was told by a Target employee (as she handed a pony over) that the official shelf date was June 30...   

Hey everyone! I saw some posts about this cool pony on FB so I checked my local Target, didn't see anything, so I came here to get the 411! :D

Multiple posters on social media have been asked to take their photos down.  Apparently some Targets put the ponies out too soon and Netflix may be upset about the leak.  The official release date is supposedly July 4, so hopefully we’ll start seeing more of them in a few weeks.

Ohh that would explain why I haven't seen them yet lol. I'll be looking to pick up a couple at my Target after the 4th!

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=323-01-2761
I'd check brickseek to see if any are in your area -- and then ask for it with the sku if you go and don't see them on the shelves.

Ahhh, thank you, Galactica and banditpony!

So I checked brickseek and saw one of my local Targets had them! So I drove over and... of course didn't see any on the shelf. -_-

So I have NEVER done this before...ever in all my years of collecting kids toys... because I'm super shy and have a problem talking to strangers. But tonight I found an employee in the toy/electronics section (it was half hour to close and the place was dead, so I didn't have an audience). I asked him about the Stranger Things pony, and he said he thought he remembered seeing something like that. So I pulled out my phone and showed him the SKU number. I was so embarrassed!  :blush: But he was totally cool about it and found them in storage out back! So now I have my Stranger Things pony, and I bought two more to trade with people here. :)

I never would have done it if you guys hadn't said anything. Thanks!  :biggrin:

Good for you!  I have a difficult time too- especially when the employee runs the other way!  But it definitely helps to have the item number for them to look up- 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:04:22 AM by Galactica »

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2019, 11:07:30 AM »
Do employees seriously run the other way? :blink: Either I’ve never had that happen to me, or I’m too naive to have noticed...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2019, 11:10:19 AM »
So I just finished binge watching season 3.  No mlp toys make an appearance, just the back pack.  However, the quote on ST AJ’s box is more extensive.   I’ll put it in spoilers for those who don’t want any spoilers.

Spoiler
Dustin is accusing Erica of being a nerd and he makes a three point argument.

Dustin: “ and fact number three: you love My Little Pony.”
*hefts Erica’s backpacks*

Erica: “And what does My Little Pony have to do with this?”

Dustin: “Let’s recall the little ponies’ latest adventure shall we?  Evil demon centaur Tirac turns Applejack into a dragon at Midnight Castle and then Megan and the other ponies have to use Moochick’s magic to defeat Tirac and his rainbow of darkness saving them from a lifetime of enslavement.  All the pink in the world can’t disguise the irrefutable fact that castles and centaurs and dragons and magic are all standard nerd tropes.  Ergo, My Little Pony is nerdy.  Ergo, you, Erica, are a nerd.”

Erica:  “ and how do you know so much about My Little Pony?”

Dustin:  “Because I’m a nerd.”

My Little Pony is name checked one more time in a later episode in reference to this conversation.

from an advertisement standpoint is it a lot less mentioning then eggos and new coke?

Yes, significantly less.  Though Eggos only got a couple nods this season while New Coke was e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 05, 2019, 11:10:29 AM »
Do employees seriously run the other way? :blink: Either I’ve never had that happen to me, or I’m too naive to have noticed...

Sure-  they see some lady coming to pester them, they don't want to deal with it, so they pretend they don't see you and hurry off in the opposite direction.  They don't get paid commissions at Target so there is no motivation to wander around being helpful. They are certainly NEVER going to ask you "Hi can I help you with something?"

Of course there may be regional differences.  I speak of Targets in Seattle and So Cal.  I bet the Targets in the midwest are much more friendly...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal