collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34039 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
Ooh, I need to get one of those backpacks! *o* Especially since it’s cat-approved. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2019, 09:32:41 AM »
I got two backpacks on Sunday but I didn't even look inside haha, I didn't know they had that map inside, what a neat touch!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »
Huh I give in i'll watch the show this just sounds too interesting... So I'm now behind in soooo many different TV shows Huh I just got to actually sit down and watch them... first off before I commit to it...I have to find out what kind of scary Stranger things is based off of... like "fictional scary"... Goblins vampires or werewolves or is it "Phenomenon scary" ghosts, demons and such... I can handle Fictional but some phenomenon can be a little bit scary along with illness and stuff like Cabin fever that I can't handle.
I have seen all the Resident evil movies and they were really bloody and not as scary just had a jump or two. it was a fictional scary to me. but compared too cabin fever I threw up in the theater and that was a little bloody. so I don't know any new phenomenon movies to relate it too that I have not seen.
edit: I guess I just have to watch the first 3 episodes. Right????
as for the pony I definitely want one!!

I’m also not at all a horror fan and haven’t even seen the films you mentioned.  I got really hooked by Stranger Things.  I found the beginning of the first season the scariest just because I had no idea what was going on or what level of scary it was going to be.  To me what I can’t stand about a lot of horror films is the hopelessness.  That the characters just spend the entire movie running with each one getting killed one after the other.   Stranger Things is not like that.  There is regular life woven in and funny and endearing moments.   I feel like there is hope for the characters to have a happy ever after.  (Mostly .... there is still some death)

Post Merge: July 02, 2019, 08:04:26 PM

Got my backpack in the mail today!  :)

Spoiler

Sestra approves  :3

OK I'm Totally Watching! Thanks Sunset! Nice backpack  :biggrin:

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »
Hey everyone! I saw some posts about this cool pony on FB so I checked my local Target, didn't see anything, so I came here to get the 411! :D

Multiple posters on social media have been asked to take their photos down.  Apparently some Targets put the ponies out too soon and Netflix may be upset about the leak.  The official release date is supposedly July 4, so hopefully we’ll start seeing more of them in a few weeks.

Ohh that would explain why I haven't seen them yet lol. I'll be looking to pick up a couple at my Target after the 4th!

I've never watched Stranger Things but it's not everyday you find official MLP merch crossed over with other fandoms. In fact I'm not sure I can think of it EVER being done save maybe once or twice for special events... But a mass release crossover pony? How cool!

I will be honest, I can be dense sometimes and I told my non-MLP-collecting friend about this and she's like "Well duh, that makes sense for a crossover. MLP is all about the '80's isn't it? So is Stranger Things." I didn't even make the connection, even though I heard how Stranger Things takes place in the 80's lol.

I wonder if this will inspire more crossover merch in the future!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2019, 03:25:31 PM »
Is anyone else having a hard time finding the backpack? According to Target's website, several stores in my area have it in stock, but at the one I just went to, it wasn't even in the back despite their website saying they had it. One employee said he remembers seeing it this morning, but that's as close as I got.

I'm likely going to check another store tonight. Hopefully I have better luck there.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:47:06 PM by poniesthatsparkle »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »
Hey everyone! I saw some posts about this cool pony on FB so I checked my local Target, didn't see anything, so I came here to get the 411! :D

Multiple posters on social media have been asked to take their photos down.  Apparently some Targets put the ponies out too soon and Netflix may be upset about the leak.  The official release date is supposedly July 4, so hopefully we’ll start seeing more of them in a few weeks.

Ohh that would explain why I haven't seen them yet lol. I'll be looking to pick up a couple at my Target after the 4th!

I've never watched Stranger Things but it's not everyday you find official MLP merch crossed over with other fandoms. In fact I'm not sure I can think of it EVER being done save maybe once or twice for special events... But a mass release crossover pony? How cool!

I will be honest, I can be dense sometimes and I told my non-MLP-collecting friend about this and she's like "Well duh, that makes sense for a crossover. MLP is all about the '80's isn't it? So is Stranger Things." I didn't even make the connection, even though I heard how Stranger Things takes place in the 80's lol.

I wonder if this will inspire more crossover merch in the future!

I was told by a Target employee (as she handed a pony over) that the official shelf date was June 30...   

Post Merge: July 03, 2019, 03:57:05 PM

Is anyone else having a hard time finding the backpack? According to Target's website, several stores in my area have it in stock, but at the one I just went to, it wasn't even in the back despite their website saying they had it. One employee said he remembers seeing it this morning, but that's as close as I got.

I'm likely going to check another store tonight. Hopefully I have better luck there.

You could always just order it online?  You can ship directly to you for a pretty low shipping cost- or for no shipping cost- you can ship it to your local Target store.  https://www.target.com/p/stranger-things-16-34-kids-39-my-little-pony-backpack-purple-green/-/A-54359545
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:57:47 PM by Galactica »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2019, 04:03:59 PM »

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=323-01-2761
I'd check brickseek to see if any are in your area -- and then ask for it with the sku if you go and don't see them on the shelves.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »

[/quote]

I was told by a Target employee (as she handed a pony over) that the official shelf date was June 30...   

Post Merge: July 03, 2019, 03:57:05 PM

You could always just order it online?  You can ship directly to you for a pretty low shipping cost- or for no shipping cost- you can ship it to your local Target store.  https://www.target.com/p/stranger-things-16-34-kids-39-my-little-pony-backpack-purple-green/-/A-54359545
[/quote]

Ordering it online is my last resort. I'd rather check out my local stores first.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2019, 04:42:57 PM »
I did store pick up for 2 back packs from 2 different locations with no troubles, and just bought 3 online without any troubles. I do note now that the store pick up (Not deliver to store) option is not available for the locations I used so I think each store only got 1-2 back packs.

You could order online and have it shipped to the store

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2019, 05:03:13 PM »
My store is showing that the backpack is in stock.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2019, 05:08:41 PM »
I did store pick up for 2 back packs from 2 different locations with no troubles, and just bought 3 online without any troubles. I do note now that the store pick up (Not deliver to store) option is not available for the locations I used so I think each store only got 1-2 back packs.

You could order online and have it shipped to the store

That's what I plan on doing if I'm unable to find it already stocked in a store. I just like checking as many stores as possible before ordering online.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2019, 05:21:11 PM »

I had a similar issue in the website saying that my local Target had it but it didn’t.  I ended up deriving online.  And here is something that might be worth trying.  I ordered for pick up in store.  Then a few hours later I got an email saying that it wasn’t available that way and would I like to change my pick up option.  So I changed my pick up option to shipped without canceling the order and they didn’t charge me shipping.  Got it in only a few days too.

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »

I had a similar issue in the website saying that my local Target had it but it didn’t.  I ended up deriving online.  And here is something that might be worth trying.  I ordered for pick up in store.  Then a few hours later I got an email saying that it wasn’t available that way and would I like to change my pick up option.  So I changed my pick up option to shipped without canceling the order and they didn’t charge me shipping.  Got it in only a few days too.

I might end up having to go that route. I tried one more store tonight and they didn't have it despite the website saying they did.

There are a couple of more stores I'll try tomorrow, but if that doesn't work out I'm going to have it shipped to the closest store.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2019, 08:54:33 PM »

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=323-01-2761
I'd check brickseek to see if any are in your area -- and then ask for it with the sku if you go and don't see them on the shelves.

Ahhh, thank you, Galactica and banditpony!

So I checked brickseek and saw one of my local Targets had them! So I drove over and... of course didn't see any on the shelf. -_-

So I have NEVER done this before...ever in all my years of collecting kids toys... because I'm super shy and have a problem talking to strangers. But tonight I found an employee in the toy/electronics section (it was half hour to close and the place was dead, so I didn't have an audience). I asked him about the Stranger Things pony, and he said he thought he remembered seeing something like that. So I pulled out my phone and showed him the SKU number. I was so embarrassed!  :blush: But he was totally cool about it and found them in storage out back! So now I have my Stranger Things pony, and I bought two more to trade with people here. :)

I never would have done it if you guys hadn't said anything. Thanks!  :biggrin:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
Congrats, dragonflitter! 😊

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal