collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34066 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »
I ordered the backpack online and I’m supposed to be getting it today :D. And just in time!  I asked some (non-pony) people over to watch the show with me on Thursday and I have all the pertinent ponies/ merch out on display around my tv.

Now to decide what to wear... my seapony shirt with the actual vintage artwork?  Or my retro pony shirt that has more of an 80’s cut? 

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
I am in WNY and I was able to pick up the Stranger Thing's pony yesterday. When I was talking to a few people at Target they said that everything starts on the West Coast and trickles East, so if we have them now then everyone should. Just thought folks might like to know :)

Also, there is a quote from Dustin on the side of the box so I am thinking we might see Apple Jack in Hawkins.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
Someone  on another kind of fan board advised that Targets were only slotted to get 6 ST ponies each- 

Not sure where she got her info- but it sounds about right. I wonder if that means at all or if they will restock?

I know the Rainbow ponies came in a case that had 6 ponies in it...

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Sorry if this has already been stated or asked, but are they only doing Apple Jack or are they doing other ponies too?

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2019, 02:18:45 PM »
Sorry if this has already been stated or asked, but are they only doing Apple Jack or are they doing other ponies too?

I don’t think it’s likely that they will do another character simply because only Applejack is listed on the back of her box.  However, if these are really super popular across the board then maybe?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »
I wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat and would just ask an employee to get one for me. But I am .. so I'll keep making random trips I guess.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2019, 04:05:48 PM »
I wish I wasn't such a scaredy cat and would just ask an employee to get one for me. But I am .. so I'll keep making random trips I guess.

Consider calling- you can just ask the person on the phone to check, if they find one, they will put it up front and usually hold until close...  less stressful sometimes, especially when the employees are running the other way when they see you coming...

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
I definitely overpaid... but I got my hands on her!

I LOVE Stranger Things so I still feel kinda okay about it. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #278 on: July 02, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »
Huh I give in i'll watch the show this just sounds too interesting... So I'm now behind in soooo many different TV shows Huh I just got to actually sit down and watch them... first off before I commit to it...I have to find out what kind of scary Stranger things is based off of... like "fictional scary"... Goblins vampires or werewolves or is it "Phenomenon scary" ghosts, demons and such... I can handle Fictional but some phenomenon can be a little bit scary along with illness and stuff like Cabin fever that I can't handle.
I have seen all the Resident evil movies and they were really bloody and not as scary just had a jump or two. it was a fictional scary to me. but compared too cabin fever I threw up in the theater and that was a little bloody. so I don't know any new phenomenon movies to relate it too that I have not seen.
edit: I guess I just have to watch the first 3 episodes. Right????
as for the pony I definitely want one!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:21:47 PM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 02, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »
Huh I give in i'll watch the show this just sounds too interesting... So I'm now behind in soooo many different TV shows Huh I just got to actually sit down and watch them... first off before I commit to it...I have to find out what kind of scary Stranger things is based off of... like "fictional scary"... Goblins vampires or werewolves or is it "Phenomenon scary" ghosts, demons and such... I can handle Fictional but some phenomenon can be a little bit scary along with illness and stuff like Cabin fever that I can't handle.

I couldn’t sleep after watching the Blair Witch Project and the Grudge is just terrifying.  I just can’t stand horror films.  Stranger Things isn’t that level of scary to me.  It’s not gory either.  I do think its spooky though and even chilling.  It’s kind of a combination of horror, adventure, comedy and mystery.  I enjoy it.  I hope that helps.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2019, 05:32:30 PM »

Consider calling- you can just ask the person on the phone to check, if they find one, they will put it up front and usually hold until close...  less stressful sometimes, especially when the employees are running the other way when they see you coming...

:) For me, that would probably be twice as stressful! That's two interactions.. (phone and in person).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:40 PM »
I checked he target by where I work on my lunch break, but no luck. :( I didn’t see an empty spot for them or anything though, so maybe my target is just slow? Or maybe they just sold out before they even hit their shelf date? :P I’ll run through a couple other targets tomorrow to see what I find!

I have seen all the Resident evil movies and they were really bloody and not as scary just had a jump or two. it was a fictional scary to me. but compared too cabin fever I threw up in the theater and that was a little bloody. so I don't know any new phenomenon movies to relate it too that I have not seen.

I’d say Stranger Things is more of a psychological type of scary than anything. I wouldn’t lump it in with the horror genre though, it’s more of an adeventure/mystery type show as other have said! I started watching a couple weeks ago because of the pony news and I’m already almost all caught up in time for the new season to drop. It’s so good! :lol: I’d say you should watch at least all of season 1 to get started. It’s only like, 8 episodes and frankly the first 3 episodes didn’t really draw me in as much as the later episodes did. I’m not really a fan of scary stuff, but I like Stranger Things a lot, so I don’t think you have to be worried! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »

I totally relate to this. I spent all of last week going into JL to check for Rainbows having seen them on the pallets and really not wanting to engage the staff.

In the end I did ask, but only because glitterball found Medley and it was really bugging me whether they also had them somewhere. Love of Medley drove me to speak to the staff...but sadly with no reward :(

But as a rule I would be exactly the same. I hate asking staff anything. And now I have asked the staff something, I don't really want to go back to the store for a while...

Sigh. Brains are illogical.

And calling by phone...even worse.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »

I’m also not at all a horror fan and haven’t even seen the films you mentioned.  I got really hooked by Stranger Things.  I found the beginning of the first season the scariest just because I had no idea what was going on or what level of scary it was going to be.  To me what I can’t stand about a lot of horror films is the hopelessness.  That the characters just spend the entire movie running with each one getting killed one after the other.   Stranger Things is not like that.  There is regular life woven in and funny and endearing moments.   I feel like there is hope for the characters to have a happy ever after.  (Mostly .... there is still some death)

Post Merge: July 02, 2019, 08:04:26 PM

Got my backpack in the mail today!  :)

Spoiler

Sestra approves  :3
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:04:27 PM by Sunset »

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2019, 01:52:28 AM »
It’s a map inside the backpack? That is just....awesome! I thought I so did not need that backpack, but seeing it in pictures.... :drool:

Congrats on getting yours!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal