collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34038 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Target exclusives do show up in the UK sometimes, usually as an exclusive to another store - but this is sort of a niche thing so I could totally see them having troubles finding an international buyer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 30, 2019, 08:28:24 AM »

I asked Basic Fun and they said the WORLDWIDE release date will be July 4th, the same date the third season will be on air. I have hopes that as it's merch from a big series like ST it will pop up in places like Fnac, Forbidden Planet and such. I will not buy anything from eBay until I'm 100% sure that it won't be around. And Amazon will sell it too eventually, at a more decent price. ^^

Could you get a screenshot of your conversation LadyPinwheel?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »
Thanks to a kind Arena member, I was able to get ST Applejack! <3 Her name is now Mindjacker. XD

And look! El made friends with a pony in the Upside-Down!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
Thanks to a kind Arena member, I was able to get ST Applejack! <3 Her name is now Mindjacker. XD

And look! El made friends with a pony in the Upside-Down!

Eleven makes a badass Megan XD

It's really disappointing to hear that only Target chose to carry Applejack after all. :( I guess I can understand if American '80s nostalgia isn't exactly a sure bet overseas, but I thought a pop-culture store like Think Geek or FYE might pick her up for the US market too. I hope that Targets get another case in later, or ST AJ is going to be a very limited release indeed. :(

The map inside the backpack is interesting. I wonder if those are schematics to the Starcourt Mall? I don't think I'd buy it for myself, but I'm definitely going to try to see it in person. I'm getting pretty hyped for S3 to drop! :lol:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2019, 01:24:16 PM »
https://www.target.com/p/stranger-things-16-34-kids-39-my-little-pony-backpack-purple-green/-/A-54359545
^ link for the backpack. I'm a bit sad it's 16inch. It's too big for my kiddo. T_T;

Too bad it isn’t available in multiple sizes. :shrug:

Still... This makes it the perfect size for my geeky adult self. XD

Eleven makes a badass Megan XD

:haha:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 30, 2019, 07:12:14 PM »
Found her at the Cleveland West Target today! An employee had to get her out of the stockroom for me.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 30, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
If that backpack had different art I’d buy it. The art isn’t my thing per say but it’s ST. I curse the merch tie ins. :lol: My Target just started stocking the section. Am going this week and I’ll report back.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2019, 02:44:14 AM »
Thank you for the screenshot and information, Moonbreeze! It makes me sad that there is such an imbalance with how the ponies are being distributed. It eats up so much of my budget having to buy them from overseas. Hey, Basic Fun, that means I would buy more of your products if I could get them directly here! :D
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2019, 07:12:29 AM »
Yeah, that's disappointing.

I relayed that information to my sister and she (although right now she is MEANT to be at work) emailed me back within seconds asking if there's anyone here who can help her get one at cost plus shipping to the UK.

I realise US people are already being burdened with a lot of requests and are also fighting scalpers, but if there's anyone who can help please PM me. I would quite like one too but if I can only get one, Naynie is the ST fan so at the very least I'd like to be able to obtain one for her if possible.

(It would be well loved xD)

I don't actually see why it would be a risky object over here as ST is very popular in the UK BUT it is also true that Naynie had to pay through the nose to get the US release of the series as they aren't available here so maybe it's connected to that. I would've thought FP would have had them though. Maybe they tried the wrong places.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2019, 07:13:19 PM »
Ok I'm sorry everyone I'm totally lost... What is stranger things and what season / episode does the pony appear in? Or was stranger things a cross over into an episode of mlp FIM???
Thanks in advance

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2019, 07:55:42 PM »
Ok I'm sorry everyone I'm totally lost... What is stranger things and what season / episode does the pony appear in? Or was stranger things a cross over into an episode of mlp FIM???
Thanks in advance

Stranger Things is a live-action series streaming on Netflix. It takes place in the 80s and is full of constant 80s nostalgia. The overall genre is sci-fi/adventure, and the tone harkens back to classic films like E.T., The Goonies, and Close Encounters. Season 3 will be released on July 4th. It’s a fantastic show with a large and passionate fanbase—very worth watching! :)

We have good reason to believe that the character Erika will be an MLP fan, as she has been confirmed to wear a vintage MLP backpack in Season 3. :) The pony itself will likely be an ordinary G1 Applejack toy that becomes affected by supernatural phenomena (I’ll keep it vague to avoid spoilers, since you haven’t seen the show).

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 01, 2019, 09:21:06 PM »
Tried a target in Wisconsin and no luck.  I guess they sold out on the day they came out.  Has anyone asked to have one held for them when new stock comes in?  Has it worked?
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2019, 02:16:00 AM »
I am drooling over all the photos coming in - she is AMAZING! Do you think she will actually star in the show though? I wasn’t even considering that! That would be cool :biggrin:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2019, 07:43:26 AM »
I am drooling over all the photos coming in - she is AMAZING! Do you think she will actually star in the show though? I wasn’t even considering that! That would be cool :biggrin:
That would be awesome.  Maybe one of the characters will have it as a toy.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »

My guess is one of the characters in the season is into ponies.  Maybe her AJ looks like ST AJ in the Upside down...

I guess we'll all find out in a couple of days!  I can't wait for the series to premier-  there are actually a bunch of shows I'm super excited about ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal