collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34124 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
Quote from: Stellaluna link=topic=omsg1776072#msg1776072 date=1561180759
You still could think of her as a new character! XD Like... Applejack’s terrifying, Upside-Down counterpart (a Demo-Applejack?).
Jackapple?  :lol:

We were having a lot of fun with this at my house yesterday. XD Our favorites:

Shadowjack
Blackjack
Applebarb :lol:
Apple-Upside-Down-Cake
Kajelpa (Applejack backward)
El Packaj (Jackapple backward, quite fitting when packing up extras for shipping!)

I love Blackjack. Applebarb is so mean :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2019, 03:37:16 PM »
I hope people found her in stores today. ^^ I didn't get to store hop and only checked one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
How about Strangerjack? Has anyone proposed that yet?

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
Hmm... I want a scarier name for her... XD

Applegorgon?
Mindjack?
Appleflayer?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline My little pony collector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • The original 8 from g3
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2019, 11:44:00 PM »
Awesome I watched and commented on your video and subscribe to you Thanks For the giveaway I don't live close to target so I hope I will get a chance to win I am super excited and I really enjoy your cats

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2019, 02:28:25 AM »
What countries does "worldwide" include? I haven't seen any of the repros in stores here even tho Germany was supposed to get them. So distribution seems to be real spotty for the Basic Fun stuff.

I am looking for them right now, so it would be nice if I could get an official source for the worldwide release? If the info is in the thread somewhere I missed it/ can't find it.

Should you find out where they are sold here, please let me know, as I am wondering myself!

There are no actual big toy stores where I am, at least I don't know any since Toys R Us closed down. There is a Müller close-ish that has quite a big toy area, but they aren't stocked well on MLP, and I haven't seen any of the reproductions there, so I doubt they will get her or the bag. Amazon is just sad with their repro stock. I'm in the Netherlands on a regular basis, but both toy stores in the city I travel to have closed down so other than online, I don't have anywhere to buy my pony stuff.

I've contacted EMP since they have lots of merch, but they did not list her or the bag in ST merch they will be offering with the start of S3.

That's so annoying, really. We're in the middle of Europe here but MLP stuff wise it feels like we're at the end of the world.
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2019, 04:07:21 AM »
Maybe when we have enough ideas for an unofficial name someone could make a poll for it. Stranger Things Applejack is a mouthful.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2019, 05:31:47 AM »
I'm going to call her Applejack (or should I say ą̷̨̛͍̳̟̮̥͎̗̝̋̄̀̃͆̋̀̎̅́̕p̸̢̢͙̝̬̥̣̥͈̗̝̯͎̲̦̽̃̒̈́͗͆̉͝p̸̨͖̖͓̘̲̰̮̱̺̈͑̉̽̉̐͂͑́̏̕̚̕͝l̷̤̼͙͉̬͈̘̰̾͆͑̀̂̍͊͒̚͜͝è̸̛̤̳̤̖̈́̿̑̔̍̔̿͌͛̀̍̕͜j̸̥̟͎̜̼̹͇̦͍͔͒ą̶͍͇̖̬̗̽̈̉͊̈́̀͗́̍͠͝c̷̘̯̦̱͓̜̮̩̳̹͔̮̝̖̤̄̽̚ķ̵̢͎̰̟̞̊͊). :)

Nirvanas have other color ways, and we tend to just call them by their original names. (even though I bet they have other names).

But I think everyone should always feel free to rename their ponies. ^^ Not all my ponies had their original names growing up.

I dont think we need to rename her as a whole tho. Not everyone is gonna jump on board and it just makes it more confusing. There's nothing wrong with calling her original name in discussion.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2019, 06:24:55 AM »
I don't think we necessarily need a poll. I'd rather just see which name sticks. -shrug- That's usually what we do.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2019, 10:52:07 AM »
In terms of buying and selling, she'll probably get abbreviated to "ST Applejack", the same way we have "SS Gusty", "LSPP" etc.  I support people renaming their own Applejacks, though.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »
I thought ST Applejack too.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
Apple Upside Down Cake

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2019, 02:03:26 PM »
What countries does "worldwide" include? I haven't seen any of the repros in stores here even tho Germany was supposed to get them. So distribution seems to be real spotty for the Basic Fun stuff.

I am looking for them right now, so it would be nice if I could get an official source for the worldwide release? If the info is in the thread somewhere I missed it/ can't find it.

Should you find out where they are sold here, please let me know, as I am wondering myself!

There are no actual big toy stores where I am, at least I don't know any since Toys R Us closed down. There is a Müller close-ish that has quite a big toy area, but they aren't stocked well on MLP, and I haven't seen any of the reproductions there, so I doubt they will get her or the bag. Amazon is just sad with their repro stock. I'm in the Netherlands on a regular basis, but both toy stores in the city I travel to have closed down so other than online, I don't have anywhere to buy my pony stuff.

I've contacted EMP since they have lots of merch, but they did not list her or the bag in ST merch they will be offering with the start of S3.

That's so annoying, really. We're in the middle of Europe here but MLP stuff wise it feels like we're at the end of the world.

My friend and I are getting her from lovely Arena member Shatyr now, it was just too big of a risk to wait until Stranger Things 3 would drop and drive all scalpers to the stores to get her.

I agree, Germany has been getting less pony merch than expected in recent years. We might not be ponyland anymore. And to think we got German exclusives back in the day, ha! But demographics change.
EMP not stocking her is ridiculous, tho.

I will keep my eyes open. TRU is KB Toys now but even back when TRU still existed we never saw a lot of MLP. We went to a giant TRU in 2016 but the pony section was just one tiny display. We had to get our pearly ponies from Action market of all places :lol:

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »
Got my extra ShadowJack today! Washed her hair and posed her with my Stranger Things hat (also from Target).

I noticed she does have two (factory error) freckles on her front hoof.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:22:50 PM by MyLittlePeachy »

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:50 PM »
In terms of buying and selling, she'll probably get abbreviated to "ST Applejack", the same way we have "SS Gusty", "LSPP" etc.  I support people renaming their own Applejacks, though.  :)
Ah, yeah. ST Applejack does make the most sense from a buy/sell standpoint.

MyLittlePeachy, I love the photo!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal