collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34055 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2019, 06:15:13 PM »
UPDATE: Check out the back of this Funko Pop figure: https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-stranger-things-pop-television-erica-vinyl-figure/11776584.html

This version of her backpack looks like the Eyelash Princess one in color and design... but features a rather generic (albeit Applejack-colored) horse on the back. XD Seems Funko wanted to avoid royalties, lol.

This was also posted in the comments about the backpack on Facebook.  Looks like an attempt was made to find a more time accurate prop.   I’m guessing they were either unable to find someone who had one and was willing to lend/sell it or was unable to find one that looked like it was relatively new and not 30+ years old.  Those older backpacks do look like they wouldn’t hold up very well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gmberrow/status/986050041348370432?fbclid=IwAR2_FGVZ3F49p4Fnk_YiYUBgNLBp8rFujpcKSEmXkd1ZdQtfbi_AQYWg47g

Now it’ll be interesting to see if a bracelet or watch shows up.

*edit*

It was also pointed out that if you look very carefully at this poster, you can see Erica wearing what looks like this backpack.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/04/new-stranger-things-3-poster/

Wow. I can’t believe it was that hard to find an older MLP backpack in good shape. :blink: Well, kudos to them for trying. The anachronism will bother me significantly less, now. XD

I hadn’t seen that poster! Thanks for sharing! :) Man, I’m so excited for season 3! I love that Netflix releases the episodes when it’s seasonally appropriate—looks like they’re celebrating the 4th of July!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 06:25:32 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2019, 06:51:09 AM »
I might have overlooked it int this thread,  but does anyone have the DCPI number for the Stranger Things Applejack pony?

Just a note about the backpack, I can 100% confirm that it was released in America. I had one that I believe was bought in 1991 at Kay Bee Toys that I carried with me to kindergarten. Still have it today. The front compartment held a plain soft lunch bag (it was so disappointing the lunch bag was so bland compared to the bag itself). I blame this backpack for my love of the eyelash princess ponies. ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 06:53:09 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »
Here it is 323-01-2761

I noticed today that a handful of stores in my area are now showing "In Stock" they must have been delivered last night/this morning. I would assume they be putting out the Stranger Thing merch before the July 4th premier to build hype?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
Here it is 323-01-2761

I noticed today that a handful of stores in my area are now showing "In Stock" they must have been delivered last night/this morning. I would assume they be putting out the Stranger Thing merch before the July 4th premier to build hype?

Thank you so much! Now the hunt commences. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
Brickseek says that my Target now has them stocked so I went first thing this morning.  I asked an associate and she told me they are street dated for June 30th.

Post Merge: June 18, 2019, 09:20:34 AM

UPDATE: Check out the back of this Funko Pop figure: https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-stranger-things-pop-television-erica-vinyl-figure/11776584.html

This version of her backpack looks like the Eyelash Princess one in color and design... but features a rather generic (albeit Applejack-colored) horse on the back. XD Seems Funko wanted to avoid royalties, lol.

Well, that makes a certain amount of sense.  They will already be paying royalties to Netflix.  Why would they also want to pay royalties to Hasbro for something that can’t even be seen when packaged?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:20:34 AM by Sunset »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »

*edit*

It was also pointed out that if you look very carefully at this poster, you can see Erica wearing what looks like this backpack.
https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/04/new-stranger-things-3-poster/

[/quote]

WOW  SO CUTE!  I popped her in my cart immediately but I have to force myself not to check out- I don't even really like the Funko Pops style-

funkopop by Sarah, on Flickr

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »
I hope someone can find her soon! Good luck everybody! :cheer:

Also, I REALLY want that eyelash princesses backpack... 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2019, 01:01:53 PM »
Oh this is very interesting to come across! I hope to see and get her in person!

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2019, 05:48:42 PM »
Found another for sale on a second hand app for like $40

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2019, 07:37:16 PM »
Got her!!   :frolic:  After literally going this morning and asking someone about her and being told she would be put out June 30th, they then went ahead and put her out.  A friend happened to be there when they where unboxing and putting them out and she picked one up for me!  So I’ll be working on a review video and will have it up Friday or sooner.  I bought an extra to do a giveaway so make sure you check it out :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:38:48 PM by Sunset »

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »
Wow Sunset! That’s fantastic!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2019, 08:35:21 PM »
Got her!!   :frolic:  After literally going this morning and asking someone about her and being told she would be put out June 30th, they then went ahead and put her out.  A friend happened to be there when they where unboxing and putting them out and she picked one up for me!  So I’ll be working on a review video and will have it up Friday or sooner.  I bought an extra to do a giveaway so make sure you check it out :D

Whoa! Congrats! ^_^ Was she the same price as a regular BF pony?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2019, 08:36:14 PM »

Exciting! Please post pictures!! :frolic:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »
Whoa! Congrats! ^_^ Was she the same price as a regular BF pony?

Yes, $9.99

Exciting! Please post pictures!! :frolic:

I will once I’ve done the video and have her out of box :)

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:49 PM »

Wow!!! Congratulations, I can't wait to see your video!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal