collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????  (Read 34041 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: retro ponies/stranger things crossover????
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »
how big is the "people who watch stranger things and also collect my little ponies" demographic anyway?
But also:

How many people watch stranger things that would also buy a MLP. (They don't have to be collectors).

And

How many people who collect MLP would want a strange looking Applejack. (Don't need to see the show to want a pony)

Also, she can be enjoyed outside the box. Her apples are upside down.

personally i never get merch for things i'm not familiar with even if it's a crossover with something i do like.  i guess i forgot that not everyone's like me  :biggrin:

i spotted the apples! still, if i had her, i'd be really reluctant to take her out of her box because you don't get that many upside down ponies. and it takes a lot to make me not unbox a brand new pony.

I have never seen the show -- and it's nothing I would ever watch. The pony doesn't really have anything on her that reeks "merch" to me besides her packaging. She looks like a strange colored Applejack (not much different then nirvanas or errors-- except she's not).

It's not really hard to put an upside down pony in a box. You just flip the insert packaging.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
I love it! I don’t /think/ MLP has ever made an appearance in Stranger Things, but the new season comes out this July, so... :biggrin:

I will buy this in a heartbeat (if it’s legit). XD Any chance she could be removed from the box, then slid back in for display (like a Funko Pop!)?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 08:04:42 AM »
how big is the "people who watch stranger things and also collect my little ponies" demographic anyway?
But also:

How many people watch stranger things that would also buy a MLP. (They don't have to be collectors).

And

How many people who collect MLP would want a strange looking Applejack. (Don't need to see the show to want a pony)

personally i never get merch for things i'm not familiar with even if it's a crossover with something i do like.  i guess i forgot that not everyone's like me  :biggrin:

i spotted the apples! still, if i had her, i'd be really reluctant to take her out of her box because you don't get that many upside down ponies. and it takes a lot to make me not unbox a brand new pony.

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
But also:

And

I have never seen the show -- and it's nothing I would ever watch. The pony doesn't really have anything on her that reeks "merch" to me besides her packaging. She looks like a strange colored Applejack (not much different then nirvanas or errors-- except she's not).

It's not really hard to put an upside down pony in a box. You just flip the insert packaging.

oooookay? i personally want her because she's a weird applejack and i don't really care about the ST branding even though i have seen it. but it says stranger things on the packaging so she's stranger things merch as far as i'm concerned, and remains so even w/o her packaging. however i'm sure other people would feel differently about the extent to which she counts as stranger things merch, as you have demonstrated.

she's still great and i would like to have her. i would remain reluctant to unbox her if she was a comic con exclusive but it looks like she's not so i'd totally unbox her.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 08:30:39 AM »
oooookay?

Just stating she has appeal to people who might not of seen the show :shrug:

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 09:06:03 AM »
:blink: ... Huh!

If she comes to Target, I'll definitely seek her out, being upside down and blue and all.

Erica is Lucas's sister, and she is going to play a bigger part in season 3, so I wonder if she will have ponies and the quote on the box unintentionally gave a tiny spoiler? If it's even real.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 09:21:48 AM »
Stranger Things is crazy popular, I don't think the toy has to appeal to people who haven't seen the show to be monetarily worth it.  That said, even if I hadn't seen the show I would pick up this Applejack, I love how different and weird she is.

She could also be a SDCC exclusive or something.

:blink: ... Huh!

If she comes to Target, I'll definitely seek her out, being upside down and blue and all.

Erica is Lucas's sister, and she is going to play a bigger part in season 3, so I wonder if she will have ponies and the quote on the box unintentionally gave a tiny spoiler? If it's even real.

I was wondering the same thing!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 09:24:27 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 10:09:59 AM »
I think this is a well made hoax or something personally.  It just seems too weird to be real.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
I really hope this is real and will be sold at Target! I love her unique colors!

I've only seen season 1 of Stranger Things, it's a great show. But I'd buy this even without the tie in, I think a lot of people will buy them even if they don't like mlp particularly. I want two: one for unboxing and the other in the box
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:45:19 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 11:30:40 AM »
I love it! I want one immediately :P

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 11:39:09 AM »
I think this is a well made hoax or something personally.  It just seems too weird to be real.

I say the same.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »

I’d be inclined to agree, but... It’s just such a WEIRD hoax, if it is. Like, I’d imagine a hoax would have the pony be half-demogorgon, or something. This seems like just the right level of weird to real.

Or maybe I’m just weird. XD

Also, this wouldn’t be the first Hasbro/Stranger Things crossover... They made a themed Monopoly game before, and probably other merch I’m not remembering.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 01:52:59 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 11:53:10 AM »
Oh...my....god. This is amazing! Two of my favourite things combined. USA peeps get ready for some orders to come in from your U.K. friends!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 12:09:06 PM »
If she is at Target, I will totally get her! I love her colors.  I’ve never seen ST though. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline MysticalGypsy

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »
Oh my! I can hardly believe my eyes!
I so hope this is legit I'm totally buying 2 so I can open 1.. or maybe a whole army bwahahaha :D
~*Formerly known as BlackIris*~
*** Thanks  ponymaker for my Gypsy blinkie! ***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal