collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was your first pony?  (Read 11006 times)

Offline LightheartRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • We rise by lifting others.
    • View Profile
    • Laterose Doll Clothes and Doll Repair Abbey
Re: Who was your first pony?
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2019, 09:19:35 AM »
My first ponies were Lightheart and Ivy, with their playsets (the canopy bed for Lightheart and the vanity and jewelry for Ivy). Alas, they were spoiled in a house fire. Never saw them again. Modern day speaking, my first was a Crystal Empire Masquerade Fluttershy, then a G1 Sundance I got at a ren faire.
If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.- St. Clement of Alexandria

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »
Aww I love this kind of posts!
I sadly cant remember which Hasbro Pony was my first.
My very very first ponyish toys were fakies.

One of them was a glow in the dark baby donkey! One like this, it was yellow with three red stars on its hip and was glowing in the dark. I got it when I was 3 or maybe close to being 4. Sadly it got stolen in kindergarten :( I got a replacement soon, a pink one with blue stars (gitd too) and I still have it! It was lost 90% of its hair though :P It still faintly glows.
I remember, when I was allowed to pick said replacement... we went to visit Woolworth for that and they had original MLP. I saw Twinkle Eyed Ponies there and toooootally wanted either Fizzy, TicTacToe or Locket. SO BADLY! But they were pricey... so I got another baby donkey *sigh*

Then, for Easter 1986, when I was 4yo, I got a Mommy and Baby Set (fakies), like this one. They were lavender-colored and I deeply loved them. I remember, my dad made a house from a cardboard box for them and I played with them for hours and hours! This set really started the pony-craze!
I sadly only have Baby Pony still today; I gave Mommy Pony away to a girl in my street when I was 7yo. She had only little toys and no ponies at all so I gave her half of my fakie-herd, including my doubles of a blue Simba Mommy & Baby Set (I still remember clearly that I told her the "Mommy" was indead a Daddy and she kept that through the following years <3). No idea why I really seperated the pair, I guess it was because I never loved Mommy Pony that much (always thought her eyes were a little creepy lol).

And then, at any point between being 4yo and getting my first genuine Hasbro Pony, I recieved at least one Remco Pony (maybe more)! I dont have her/them anymore, she/they went to the girl I mentioned above. I dont remember the exact color, I think she was pink or maybe blue. I vividly remember that rainbow hair-thingy though! I ADORED that little rainbow!! Still have it today XD

Yes, an then... Hasbro Ponies came to me!! No idea which one was first :P I remember having Whirly and Cool Breeze pretty early in my life. And Baby Cuddles. But really no idea who came first. I wish I did!

edit : 1986, not 1988
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:55:26 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline LivioKelem

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:52 PM »
It was a G3 Good Morning Sunshine and it is a strangest expirience of my life ever  XD
~2006. I'm don't a kid and I don't playing with toys. Usual i be a serious girl - classic wear in black-grey colors and strickt eye... But this commercial hypnosed me. Something is wrong... Why i think about pink pony?! P-o-n-y. Srsly? It confused me, but everytime when i hear this sound on TV i go to the room and look, look on this cute pink nose...
I bought it and my life is never be like before. Now I'm still a serious girl, but around me SO MUCH colorful, rainbowfied and bright little noses. XD
P.S. Good Morning Sunshine is in good condition and has special place in my collection. (:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
It was a G3 Good Morning Sunshine and it is a strangest expirience of my life ever  XD
~2006. I'm don't a kid and I don't playing with toys. Usual i be a serious girl - classic wear in black-grey colors and strickt eye... But this commercial hypnosed me. Something is wrong... Why i think about pink pony?! P-o-n-y. Srsly? It confused me, but everytime when i hear this sound on TV i go to the room and look, look on this cute pink nose...
I bought it and my life is never be like before. Now I'm still a serious girl, but around me SO MUCH colorful, rainbowfied and bright little noses. XD
P.S. Good Morning Sunshine is in good condition and has special place in my collection. (:

I really love this story. They have this effect on us all O.O
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2019, 02:45:59 PM »
Windy!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2019, 02:47:37 PM »

Great story!  : :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:17:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »
Windy!

We need to start a Windy First Pony Club :D You, me and LAW so far :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »
Windy!

We need to start a Windy First Pony Club :D You, me and LAW so far :D

:hifive:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2019, 03:32:20 PM »
Yes!  Windy, the start of it all!  A lifelong obsession!

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2019, 04:00:37 PM »
I had a Windy really early on too!

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
Blossom is in my earliest childhood pony pic. I was about three or four years old below. Getting Starshine at the flea market is my earliest pony memory. I still have my entire childhood herd, minus one Petite that has gone MIA.

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2019, 11:39:02 PM »
G1 So-soft Truly and Magic stare were a gift to me when I was two, and they started a whole heard!  I loved their fuzziness and soft hair:

Magic Star is still in fairly nice condition, but Truly is a little well-loved.  That's ok, they're allowed to be a bit sparse on fuzz, just as they are, as that's how I know them.  They both still have their stands, stickers, and combs.

Here's another of Truly, I suppose if she were in the Velveteen rabbit, perhaps she could be considered 'real':

“It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:41:59 PM by Featherwurm »

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2019, 03:31:47 AM »
G1 Applejack and Sunlight. I always thought AJ was a boy, so Sunlight was his girlfried!  :lol:

I still have them both  :happy:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline G4bronynewbie

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2019, 07:07:57 AM »
My first pony is a G3 pegasus named heartbright. She has a big heart in her hip that you can press to make her huge purple wings flap. After researching her pics online, I found out I lost her hair clips and tiara. Too bad she is in bad shape now. Thats probably because I would take her anywhere and she was stored in a musty shelf with my other toys. Her pristine white body has become yellow and sticky to touch.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2019, 07:18:02 AM »
My first in Gens, aside from the aforementioned Windy

G3: 4 Pack Stardasher, Denim Blue, Sparkleworks, Rainbowdash.  Of those I have Stardasher and am looking to get back RD.

G4: Diamond Mint and Lyra Heartstrings

No G2s yet, but I really want it to be Prince Firefly

First species-wise:

Earth Pony-Shady
Unicorn-Windy
Pegasus-Sweet Pop
Sea Pony-Baby Wave Dancer
Flutter Pony-Yum Yum
Winger-High Flier
Unipeg-Princess Luna
Mer Pony-Baby Lily Drop

I'd love to have the Bat Pony, but I'm not paying $16 for a bb sized toy online.

Not interested in Breezies and Changelings.

Post Merge: June 16, 2019, 07:19:27 AM

My first pony is a G3 pegasus named heartbright. She has a big heart in her hip that you can press to make her huge purple wings flap. After researching her pics online, I found out I lost her hair clips and tiara. Too bad she is in bad shape now. Thats probably because I would take her anywhere and she was stored in a musty shelf with my other toys. Her pristine white body has become yellow and sticky to touch.

Heartbright is a pretty girl.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal