collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who was your first pony?  (Read 10881 times)

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who was your first pony?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2019, 03:45:07 PM »

Kinda sad there was no more photos consider I have 16 childhood ponies and the kitchen,surprise twin moms bed, petit castle and possible the bathtub(I remember having the white duck that came with it)
[/quote]

Wow! Those are some nice childhood pieces! I love that others had a cotton candy café! I loved looking at that in the store when I was little! :hope:
Ahh! Now I need to buy them all! This is such a fun topic!

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Mine was a FF Butterscotch. There had been a catalogue with the Romper room My Pretty Pony and beautiful baby (Butterscotch.) It was never released as a set so my Mom got me Butterscotch for Christmas. I still have her and my original Confetti, Sundance and Posey.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline nebulavery

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2019, 07:50:43 PM »
Interesting to see some G2s in the mix, and love seeing all the photos of happy and well-cared-for first ponies!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »

I got this two-pack as a birthday cake topper once!  I no longer have Pinkie Pie, as her hair was starting to literally fall out so I swapped her with one in better shape.  I still have Celestia though!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2019, 12:12:00 AM »
My first pony was Sparkleworks. I still have her! I still even faintly remember going to Toys R Us to pick her out.

The bug really started because my sister got the Cotton Candy Cafe with Cotton Candy for her birthday. I remember seeing her and being so in love! I knew I needed to have one too. To this day I wonder if the person who got her that present has any idea what it did to me. :P

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline efelkay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 02:33:55 AM »
Round n' Round. I got her and the playset she came with for Christmas when I was four. I wonder if my parents ever regretted that decision, since after that I developed a huge pony obsession.

I didn't know (or care) what her actual name was, so I always called her Ferris Wheel. And to be honest, I like that name better, so in my heart she'll always be Ferris Wheel. I've still got her, and all of my other childhood ponies, in storage somewhere. I've been wanting to get them out for months now, but I haven't been able to find the box. I know for sure that I never got rid of them, though. Too much sentimental value.

She should still be in good condition, too, aside from being a tad dirty! I took good care of my toys as a kid.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:52:16 AM by efelkay »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 03:35:40 AM »
I looked through my stuff and I can't find any really old photo of me with Windy. As I said before, the one that kicked it off for me was the second pony, Baby Blossom, with all her accessories. Also she and Windy used to be mother and baby in my mind back in the days before I realised Blossom was a whole other pony...

I found this photo though :D It's cropped, my mother and my gran are also in the original image, and I think I'm about four...apparently baby B is coming on an adventure :D

Mum and Dad were both quite influential on the ponies I had really early on. The pastel ones tended to come from Mum's inspiration and the bold ones from Dad. She chose Windy, and she also chose Baby Blossom :) For some reason she really liked the ponies, so when I wasn't immediately hooked on Windy she decided to give it another shot when she saw the babies with their accessories. I believe she chose Blossom deliberately because she would somewhat match Windy's colouring.

...And the rest is history :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:37:36 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
Mine was Baby Firefly! <3 I was sooo upset because I lost her in a move when I was like 5 or 6 years old. :( But she was one of the first ponies I re-bought as an adult when I started collecting many years ago. ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
I think my first pony was Cotton Candy. I seem to remember that someone bought the Grooming Parlour for my younger sister, then they bought Cotton Candy for me. The first pony I wanted as an adult was Gusty, but the first pony I got was Wind Whistler. Gusty came not long after.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 11:04:05 AM »
My very first ponies were handed down to me and my sister by our extremely awesome aunt, so the herd was mostly ours rather than each of us having our own individual ponies. We did have two Posies though, so one was mine and one was my sister's. I don't have my childhood one anymore, but Posey was the first pony I got when it came to collecting ponies as an adult. She was always my favourite as a kid and she's still my favourite now! :heart:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2019, 12:31:41 PM »
I believe mine was cotton candy. I still think probably the pony first but I do remember having the cotton candy plushie also. I think blossom was a close second. Im very happy ponies have left a strong mark on my childhood with happy memories.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2019, 01:50:38 PM »
It took a while for me to get into ponies... Ivy is the one I count as my first. I think I had a couple before then, but I can't remember 'em, so.. she's my first. :)

That's her in the treehouse, pride of place in my collection. Still my favourite pony. :heart:

The one that kickstarted my collection years later, though, was G1 Pony Bride. :)

Offline nebulavery

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
Aww, Taffeta, that picture is adorable!

I love that Cotton Candy, both Gen 1 and 3, have kick-started so many people's pony collections.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2019, 05:15:31 PM »
I looked through my stuff and I can't find any really old photo of me with Windy. As I said before, the one that kicked it off for me was the second pony, Baby Blossom, with all her accessories. Also she and Windy used to be mother and baby in my mind back in the days before I realised Blossom was a whole other pony...

I found this photo though :D It's cropped, my mother and my gran are also in the original image, and I think I'm about four...apparently baby B is coming on an adventure :D

Mum and Dad were both quite influential on the ponies I had really early on. The pastel ones tended to come from Mum's inspiration and the bold ones from Dad. She chose Windy, and she also chose Baby Blossom :) For some reason she really liked the ponies, so when I wasn't immediately hooked on Windy she decided to give it another shot when she saw the babies with their accessories. I believe she chose Blossom deliberately because she would somewhat match Windy's colouring.

...And the rest is history :D

Aww that's adorable!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PreciousFeathers

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »

My first pony was g3 pinkie pie - the first release. I don't remember exactly how I felt getting her from a relative at Christmas but I was hooked.

I intended to keep her when I gave away my childhood collection but she got lost or swept away in the giveaway pile. I'd like to find her again.
Formerly PartlyPastel!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal