collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Onward  (Read 722 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Onward
« on: May 31, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »
I just saw the teaser trailer for Onward, and did some research on it, and I am honestly so excited for it! The premise of the movie looks to be super cute and wholesome (gosh, the origin of the concept too), and as an extreme high fantasy/elf/dark elf fan I absolutely adore the character designs (whoo-hoo for more elf characters!). I'm reserving judgement until it comes out of course, but I feel like this one might be a gem.

What are your thoughts on it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Onward
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »
The concept looks like wholesome Shrek and they will get praised for jokes Dreamworks did 20 years ago.

And since Pixar now lets a male director make a movie about himself, his brother and father, I will remind everyone again that they took 'Brave', a personal story about Brenda Chapman and her daughter, away from her, gave it to a male director and blocked her from getting work for almost two years.

I almost wish this movie would flop like 'Good Dinosaur' did, lol. But it probably won't because people love unicorns and the trash can unicorns from this are hilarious.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 02:13:12 PM »
The concept looks like wholesome Shrek and they will get praised for jokes Dreamworks did 20 years ago.

And since Pixar now lets a male director make a movie about himself, his brother and father, I will remind everyone again that they took 'Brave', a personal story about Brenda Chapman and her daughter, away from her, gave it to a male director and blocked her from getting work for almost two years.

I almost wish this movie would flop like 'Good Dinosaur' did, lol. But it probably won't because people love unicorns and the trash can unicorns from this are hilarious.

I don't understand why you want it to fail. Was there something bad behind the scenes of this particular movie?

It looks cute to me.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »
What are your thoughts on it?
To be honest, I am not very fond of Pixar/Dreamworks movies ;)
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal