collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

 
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is the mold that shows up in old ponies... dangerous? 😬  (Read 209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Nemesis

  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • ****
  • Posts: 565
  • Gender: Female
  • Shinies! *o*
I was cleaning a G1 Moondancer today... and beneath the thick, grimy layer of rust and who-knows-what-else... there were mold spots inside. Lots of them. They were black and of a decent size... no way are they pindot or age spots.

Having grown up in a family that was perpetually terrified of every form of mold, bacteria, fume, dust, and basically any other environmental hazard, I get kind of freaked out by these things... Does anyone know if the molds that infest ponies (and other vinyl toys) are very dangerous? And also, how can I make 200% sure that the mold in this pony is completely dead?

(Also, should I toss the toothbrush and whatnot that I cleaned her with? Is it safe to use on other ponies?)

 :yikes:
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ******
  • Posts: 20899
  • Gender: Female
  • ~never too old for ponies~
Re: Is the mold that shows up in old ponies... dangerous? 😬
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:43:24 PM »
nahhh not really.  I mean, don't huff the dirty pony while cleaning it! but it's fine.  LOL 
dish soap is good for ponies and dishes! friction removes most germs.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Avatar:Vanilla Virus, Sig: Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • *****
  • Posts: 2944
  • Gender: Female
  • Face the sun and cowabunga backwards into Ponyland
    • Tungler
Re: Is the mold that shows up in old ponies... dangerous? 😬
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 01:24:02 AM »
It's about as dangerous as normal mold really. Just don't sniff the pony deeply and you'll be good.
Dish soap is good, if she didn't have glittery symbols I'd say a pony boiling would likely kill it. Just scrub away!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G1 Haves | Wishlist | Sales/For Trade | G4/G5 Discord Server

Offline SaraMari

  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • ****
  • Posts: 701
Re: Is the mold that shows up in old ponies... dangerous? 😬
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 03:36:46 AM »
No. Mold spores are always flying around in the air, it's not that big of a deal. If you are worried you can wash the toothbrush with a bleach solution afterward

As for cleaning the pony fill her with oxyclean which is oxygen based bleach. Don't submerge her since she has the glitter symbols, just pour some inside and let sit for a few minutes
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 03:38:43 AM by SaraMari »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My avatar is done by Safflower!