collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Favorite Puppet Muppet

Sesame Street
3 (14.3%)
The Muppet Show
3 (14.3%)
Fraggle Rock
5 (23.8%)
Eureeka's Castle
1 (4.8%)
Zooboomafoo
3 (14.3%)
Bear in the Big Blue House
2 (9.5%)
Yo Gabba Gabba!
0 (0%)
Other (Please Comment)
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Favorite Puppet Show  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Favorite Puppet Show
« on: May 30, 2019, 08:17:16 AM »
Now I know there are shows that I haven't listed because I've never heard of them, or I'm only marginally aware of, so if there was a show that only aired in your country, before/after some peoples time, or is obscure, please tell us about it.

I was originally going to say Fraggle Rock, but decided to go with The Muppet Show.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:21:52 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Puppet Show
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:37:18 AM »
Jim Henson’s “The Christmas Toy” and its subsequent spin-off series “The Secret Life of Toys”. :) Those shows were so adorable, and I believe provided more than a little of the inspiration for “Toy Story”. ;)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 02:11:31 AM »
Oh wow I hadn't thought of Bear in the Big Blue House for years, I used to watch it before going to school when I was about six. I also loved the Muppets! Thanks to the Muppet Christmas Carol, a part of me will always picture Bob Cratchit as a green puppet frog :lol:. I love the Count from Sesame Street (I sometimes go hunting for his scenes on YouTube), because I love vampires and he's a sweetie. 'I count the candles on the shelf....when I'm alone I even count myself....' :lol: Also, Sooty & Sweep! Especially Sweep <3.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »
Fraggle Rock. No contest. I still have my childhood Red and Mokey that I used to trot around everywhere when I was a small child :) (Dunno what happened to Mokey's cardigan though xD)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »
Fraggle Rock. No contest. I still have my childhood Red and Mokey that I used to trot around everywhere when I was a small child :) (Dunno what happened to Mokey's cardigan though xD)

I used to have a few fraggle toys from McDonalds.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
     Growing up, it was a tie between bear and the big blue house or Sesame Street. I like them both for their nostalgia they bring!
I also loved the Muppets! Thanks to the Muppet Christmas Carol, a part of me will always picture Bob Cratchit as a green puppet frog :lol:.
     That is hands down one of my favourite Christmas film and I must always watch it in addition to “Yule be wiggling” before Christmas can begin.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 10:49:28 PM »
Sooty for me, we used to go see them live in bradford at Christmas and visit the museum on a regular basis when i was little. Still got the programs, puppets and two rosettes someplace.

This is closely followed by button moon and rainbow 😁

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »
I have to go with Fraggle Rock, but I wish I could get Eureeka's Castle on DVD to show to my nephews. It's been years since I saw an episode, but I bet they'd love it.  I also wish they'd release more seasons of The Muppet Show.  The first three are great and all, but they were on for years! 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 03:44:52 AM »

I used to have a few fraggle toys from McDonalds.

I don't know if we ever had those, as we didn't tend to go to McD when I was a kid. But we have a lot of photos from around when I was 3 or 4 and there's inevitably a pink or a red/yellow blob somewhere in the background ;) They were my first love before ponies, I think. Although I had a couple of ponies then, there are no photos of me with ponies really till I get to about 5.

No idea why I was so obsessed with the Fraggles then because I'm sure at that age a lot of the story went over my head...but anyway. I really really loved Mokey. She was my complete favourite for some reason. I saw a Funko one in Entertainer a few months back and I was so tempted ;)

I also had a Doozer. A wind up doozer. I think he must have come in my Christmas stocking.

I don't know when Fraggles stopped airing here, but my sister doesn't remember it (and she was born in 87) so it must've been by the end of the 1980s.

I had the Muppet Christmas Carol as a kid, but the Christmas Carol in general has been ruined for me forever by the fact we did a stage show of it at school when I was fifteen or so and I was in the orchestra. Which  meant I had to sit through hours and hours of rehearsal and then the performances...and I got so sick of it I couldn't watch any version of it for years. The last time I saw MCC was when I was working at the college, when one class at Christmas decided to watch every single CC film they could think of as a movie marathon at the end of term o.o;

I like the muppets - the muppet show and the movies are cute too - and I remember watching Sesame St with Naynie when she was small. But I definitely connected most with the Fraggles. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »
I loved Zaboomafoo as a kid but as an adult I'd probably say Muppets or Thunderbirds. I got curious about the latter after part of a Stargate episode where they got turned into similar puppets. Think Team America World Police type marionettes.

:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »
Sesame Street
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
avenue Q  XD !

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
avenue Q  XD !

I wondered if anyone would bring up that one...

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
Jim Henson's creature shop has had some very interesting projects over the years. I chose other. I like the Dark Crystal as well as the Storyteller series...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
I have to admit, these types of puppets were not what popped into my mind as soon as I saw the thread title.  I immediately thought of "Punch and Judy" lol.  Mine would have to be "Dinosaurs".  I have never been too much of a fan of puppet shows, except "The Muppet Christmas Carol" otherwise.  I do enjoy that one immensely.  I think I may have caught Fraggle Rock occasionally as a kid.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal