collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Real life horses & ponies - do you love them too?  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Real life horses & ponies - do you love them too?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 06:22:35 AM »
Sure! I was really horse obsessed as a young girl. But riding and caring for horses is expensive and I never had the means to pursue it. So I saved my allowance for MLP or Barbie horses and horse magazines, read horse adventure novels and watched movies with horses to live that fantasy of having my own horse.

I still love horses nowadays but I am not crazed about them anymore. Once I got a dog all my love went there, so I stopped dreaming about owning a horse and now as an adult that sort of mystique has gone away. I don't even want to learn how to ride anymore.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 06:27:37 AM »
I wasn't really into horses (I have never disliked them at all, and thought they were neat, but wasn't specifically interested in them), but years back (shortly after I first got into MLP), I made friends with some of my coworkers who owned horses. I got to go out and see them a number of times. Walking out in the mud really flipped me out (my friends got much amusement over this, as my stereotypical city girl side showed), but the horses are cute!

A few years ago while I was away in university they (well, one of them anyway, long story but they split up), ended up getting a small horse and I think I lost my mind when the first picture was posted on FB because he is soooo cute! He's not a pony, but is some kind of miniature horse who is shorter than my friend and can actually stand up on his back legs and still be about the height of my friend. I've only got to see him once and I hope to change that!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 08:00:24 AM »
Yep.... we had horses growing up!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 09:16:47 AM »
Yep horses are for me... well ponies to be more specific i have ridden since the age of seven and worked with them on and off over the years. I stopped as it took the pleasure out looking after my own when i worked with them.

We are up to four on the yard now all ride and drive. They drive me insane on a regular basis and often get called all the names under the sun.

Honestly i do not believe in the natural horsemanship stuff nothing against others doing it but not for me. I know that all my boys will follow me with little or no request and if you stand there waving round a whip they just look at you as if there is something wrong with you. Two are from appleby, one Ireland and the other the meat man we worked through all the quirks that came with them at their own pace.

Sorry for the ling reply  :blush:

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 02:35:44 PM »
I've been lucky enough to have been around ponies all my life - always been my greatest passion.

I currently have 2 ponies - my beloved Fell pony, and his companion who is loaned from a local sanctuary.
Love them to bits.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 06:39:47 AM »
Hey freezestime, if you're an oddball then I am, too ;) I'm not a horse person at all, never have been. Just not my thing. I'm not even sure how I got into MLP! I like colourful cute things, I guess.

(I don't care for "realistic" horse toys, either :P)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2019, 03:25:40 PM »
Hey freezestime, if you're an oddball then I am, too ;) I'm not a horse person at all, never have been. Just not my thing. I'm not even sure how I got into MLP! I like colourful cute things, I guess.

(I don't care for "realistic" horse toys, either :P)

Another one not really into horses. That's not to say I dislike horses and I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to ride one. But they aren't something I'm specifically drawn to like cats. I do however love unicorns and pegasi other mythological creatures. I've always been into fairy tale kinda things and I think that's why I like MLP. If they had been natural colored normal ponies like the original plans I don't think I ever would have gotten into them
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2019, 01:40:48 AM »
I'm another person more into plastic fantasy ponies than their real-life counterparts. I've always loved fantasy, magic, other worlds etc, so I think that's why ponies appeal to me :).

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2019, 04:59:04 AM »
I love all animals, so yes! :D They are beautiful, and not just for how they look. However, I've never been into horse riding or anything, I just enjoy watching them when I happen to see any.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
I say, 'hi horsies' when I bike past them,like any random horse. I don't ride tho.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline nebulavery

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 01:33:13 PM »
I love horses - maybe not as much as dogs - but I'm always happy to give them a handful of grass and a pat if I walk past a field full of friendly horses. Growing up in the suburbs, I really only got to interact with horses at camp and while visiting family, so I think the novelty of seeing a real live horse is definitely a factor.

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 04:22:41 PM »
Nope, real life horses/ponies actually scare me with how they can bite you or kick you or permanently cripple you when you're on their back. In fact, I am even kind of scared of the type of people who are into horseriding - I'm just intimidated by their knowledge of all that riding gear made of metal and leather, all the physical work they do on a regular basis, and their willingness to hang around dirty and cluttered spaces etc. :yikes: My interest in equines is pretty much limited to childhood nostalgia for a pony cartoon.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
Yes, very much!

My sister and I actually currently ride together on weekends! We take dressage lessons together, and my sister does a little bit of jumping as well. I had to quit jumping earlier this year due to an old injury.
We've been riding together for about seven years now, and I love it a lot! Even though I don't compete or anything, it's still an amazing experience that I'm thankful for everytime I ride.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »
I've always been into horses.  Took lessons as a kid.  Worked cleaning stalls at a stable through high school.  Finally got my own horse.  She went with me to college.  She died when I was almost 20.  My mom had a couple horses for a little while.  Most recently we had a shetland pony but he passed away a year ago.  He reared up on a muddy slope and slipped in the mud, falling backwards down the hill and breaking his back.  I actually haven't ridden in years due to my weight.  If I could get back in shape I would like to ride again.

Offline Cloudclimber06

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
I was learning to play polo at one point and loved it but its physically challenging... I own two horses and four donkeys!!!
You gotta love them donkeys!!

~~The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse\'s ears.~~Arabian Proverb

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal