collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I Throw Out/Donate My McPonies?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Throw Out/Donate My McPonies?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 07:41:02 PM »
Thank you for these super responses!
I am much encouraged. I had been reading about how thrifts often end up throwing out way more stuff than one might think (mostly clothes though) and was like 'hmm', is thrifting them even worth it if someone's just going to bin them. But, from a real thrift response that they sell eventually, that's great! I also didn't think of people buying them for party favors and things like that--they would be perfect as a trinket type thing.

I will certainly be donating these, as even at a fair in the past I had been unable to give them away and they weigh a lot/take up much space that I would rather use bringing desirable items into the fair. I do agree that they are MUCH more fun poses than the regular ones---that always bothered me too...like how can a free toy be more energetic looking than one I had to buy? They also had a good run worth of gimmicks like stickers/color change/extra colors/TAF that even the buy-ables didn't get.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Should I Throw Out/Donate My McPonies?
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
The thrift stores around me definitely don't throw out McDonalds ponies, they baggie them with the bigger brushable ponies.  :)  That's how I got all of mine, lol!

Yeah, it was so frustrating when the McDonalds ponies had all these cute dynamic poses and the brushables didn't!  I don't get it, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal