collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Overdue brag: Kings day finds, a.k.a. memories from a happy trip (non-pony too)  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
After years of dreaming about it, this year I had the chance to visit the Netherlands during Kings day. To boot, I had lovely company: Barnacle_lady has offered to come pony hunting with me! These are all the things I came home with (apologies for also going off-topic, but I wanted to share my non-pony finds too :) ):

First, the ponies ^.^ The baby G2s and G1s were all found as a big lot on our very last stop! It was so awesome to find them all together, they are quite the handful: the lady who sold them wanted to take a picture of us holding them (because she was happy we are taking them all, and she liked them too :D ), and we had some trouble trying to hold them all at once :)
Silver Swirl also came from this lot (her baby stayed with Barnacle_lady because she didn't have her yet :) ).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The rest of the ponies were found earlier separately. Many have haircuts, but I don't mind that. I think I'll try to restore, or at least rehair some of these.

The single G1 adult pony we found was Parasol - she too needs some TLC: she has a forelock cut, her tail is also shorter, and there are pen marks on one of her legs, but I'm still happy to have her back. Back, because I used to have her in the past (found her in a lot) but sold her because I was a self-supplying student on a student loan back then, and I needed all the little money I could get. I regretted that sale ever since.

I don't collect G3s, but I do have a few I bought because I liked how they look - the same thing happened with this pair. They were found separately, and I only realised it at home that they actually are both 2006 Pegasus ponies, which might be the reason for their similar characteristics - they look super cool together, so I'm sure I'll display them together somewhere after I cleaned them up :)

The Equestria Girls boots will be for my hybrid Novi Stars Una Verse who is on an EG Rainbow Dash body :)

As for non-pony finds... first, the Furbies:
I was most looking forward to find a Dutch G1 Furby, as I only have one like that (even though my herd? flock? of Furbies now  counts over 100 furbabies :inlove:). Sadly noone was selling G1 Furbies that day, but I did find some G1 merchandise: a beany baby and a small plastic figure. The pair of G1 slippers (it might not show up well in the picture: that's what looks like black and white Furby twins :) ) were found by my husband, and were a surprise! He brought it back to our hotel secretly, so I only saw them when we arrived back home :lovey: They are even my size, but I want to keep them as is, so I won't wear them.

While I also don't extensively collect G3 Furbies, I bought the white furball, because I like all-white Furbies, and he was cheap. He was said to speak English, but I'm hoping that may prove untrue, as I do know there were Dutch boxes, so I believe Dutch G3 Furby also existed - and this one has an instruction sticker in Dutch in his battery compartment, which seems to be a good sign. Sadly the poor guy is mute, so his language remains a secret for now. I plan to open him up and repair him (I found a good explanatory video), but right now I am still gathering the courage, as even though I've opened up and repaired several G1 Furbies, I've never done it on a G3.

The McDonald's plush G3 comes from an abandoned (and soaking wet) box I came across in the evening - I had to take the poor soaked guy - and even the husband, who normally wouldn't even like any additional collection item (we have space issues), said I should take it. After a swim in the wasking machine he should look much better :)

Then I got some dolls - most of these I plan to customise, some I was even specifically looking for, so I'm really happy about those :)

LPS Blythe dolls are not something I collect/owned so far, but I found these too cute to leave them there (the same goes for the Lalaloopsy doll with yarn hair). I have to admit that the LPS Blythes have grown on me a lot since, I can see myself purchasing more of them in the future :P And I already have specific customisation plans for these two (one will get a new body - I've finally found what to do with my extra Picco Neemo body!).
I'm also very happy about the mermaid Clawdeen, because I was contemplating buying her (I seem to have a big love for blue-skinned Monster High dolls, and especially the sea creatures), but never came across her IRL, and I wasn't sure if I would like her in person.

I forgot to take a pic of these, but I also got 2 IKEA dollhouse furniture items that I was also eyeballing for some time already, but didn't want to pay the full price for the set.

And finally, some random other items: two frames, a jewelry holder (that I will repaint), a plush manta, a Hello Kitty PEZ holder and some decorative string (silver stars and beads) - the latter two (and also one of the IKEA furniture items) also came from the free soaked box that contained the Furby McD toy.

Aaaand it's still not over :3 These are not only Kings day brags, but come from the whole trip, but I still wanted to share them, as they gave me similar joy as my Kings day finds. So, I have this accidental collection of camera parts found on trips we had abroad. I did not start collecting these on purpose, in fact, the very first one I picked up because it matched the viewfinder of my camera, and I thought it may come handy if I ever lose mine. Since that time I somehow keep on spotting them, and (of course :P ) picking them up. Funny how these two small boxes of camera parts give me as much joy as my other collections: I open the boxes, take one out and I immediately remember the situation when and where I found it, and then the whole trip and the fun we had there :)
With my new finds (the top 3 ones in the middle - since this picture these too have tags that contain when and where I found them), the count is at 13 pieces - 2 of these come from the Netherlands (one, the one on the left from among these 3, I found on Kings day, when we were walking on the street with Barnacle_lady and with my husband. As I type this I remember the exact location, and Barnacle_lady looking back at me, smiling, when I rushed to catch up with her because of me stopping to pick the viewfinder up), and one from Germany where we also spent some time after we left the Netherlands. The latter is broken, and seems to have chew marks - it makes me wonder what animal might have tried to taste it :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Ah, so much stuff! What a great haul! Glad you had fun and congrats on all of your finds :D

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, what a great haul! I'd love to visit during King's Day myself. Congrats!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
I'm so glad you had a good time here (despite the rain)! You found some great stuff too :D

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
So good to hear that you had a great time here! :D And awesome finds, congrats! :frolic:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I was really waiting for your brag :)
Ofcourse I was there when you bought most of the stuff but its cool to see it back. I am glad you had a great time and that there were also ponies for you to love :) Those furby slippers are so cool.
Enjoy your finds, I still have to clean a few of my kings day ponies.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
You have some awesome new ponies and items there.  I liked your story about Parasol and I'm glad you have finally managed to replace her in your collection.  Congrats and thanks for sharing :happy:

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Thank you everyone! :)

Enjoy your finds, I still have to clean a few of my kings day ponies.
LOL, same here - I also still haven't cleaned up everyone, things just got so busy since we came back (with some added drama like a broken washing machine and sudden wider family issues - nothing bad or sad, just time-consuming) that I needed to prioritise... we'll get there eventually :) And I already ordered some hair for the ponies I'm planning to restore/rehair :)

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Congrats on all your finds! It´s so exciting finding ponys in the wild.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
Great finds, congrats!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Thank you to both of you! :)

Congrats on all your finds! It´s so exciting finding ponys in the wild.
I agree! It is definitely my preferred method of collecting - which is one of the reasons why I was so looking forward to this day. Accidentally stumbling upon something always made me cherish those items much more than the ones I obtained via searching for them online, buying them and then having them sent to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal