Pony Talk > Pony Brag Arena

Unexpected surprise today at the carboot sale...

(1/4) > >>

Taffeta:
So I can't compete with Sunset who I think wins find of the week...possibly the month xD.

But this morning looked like such an unpromising carboot sale. Grey and drizzly morning, sale smaller than usual...

However...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sometimes things appear in the most unexpected places.

I guess the first clue to it being a good day was finding Pineapple Paradise on the very first stall. I only recognised her because of the recent POTD, and I know I don't have her, so that was nice.

But the others kind of win. The G4 came along with the G1...because I'm not leaving that kind of G1 at the carboot xD. Not sure what to do with them at the moment. Celestia is missing her wings and has nail polish all over her hooves that has stained the toes pink. Fluttershy power pony has ink on her head and is missing half her hair ...:/

I've just cleaned Splasher. Her head was already loose so I took it off and she was gunky inside - I've managed to clean the most of it out, though, and she's draining in my shower, looking quite offended that she's in two parts. BUT she cleaned up pretty nice. Her inside of her head needs more work - I have nothing with which to poke around in there and don't really want to - but she looks really good considering her age.

And Melody...I haven't found a rollerskater at a carboot sale in probably 15 years. And she's in really nice shape. She's only missing one wheel, I can't see any major flaws or marks, just light wear - and her mechanism still whirs (but she doesn't skate because like all of these now the rubber wheels have gone hard and no longer grip to roll).

Still, not bad for a morning's work.

Melody and Splasher will both be seeking new homes, when they're dry and ready to be properly photographed. Price check guidelines on the rollerskater would be helpful too. I have a rough idea in my mind but I want to verify.

I also saw a few other ponies - mostly G4, and one rather abused G3. It was a good day despite the weather.

Possibly my best G1 find at a carboot sale in a long long time. Definitely my best find in the London area.

freezestime:
AAAAAAA Congratulations Taffeta friend! Especially on Melody! I've only seen her on Tradera!

kingluke:
they look great :)

gemini_pony:
Too many toy scalpers here to find stuff at yard sales or second hand. 

tailrustedtealeaf:
Nice finds! Especially on that Celestia, even though she's missing her wings, I think a lot of people just take the wings off anyway.
A little ebay price check says Melody's gone for the equivalent of about $30-35 USD on average, and this is on listings from the UK. It looks like it really depends on who's looking-one of the auctions went for $15 and the highest one is $60.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version