TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

(Resolved!) eBay STOLE My Money?

(1/2) > >>

Ragamuffin:
I HAD a legitimate $50 eBay giftcard. I tried to purchase something worth $40. I selected it and the first time I was in checkout it said it would pay for the full $40. I hit pay, I got an error saying the payment did not go through, so I tried again, making sure I didn't do anything wrong. I put in the giftcard number again and now it says it will only cover for $10 out of the fourty. Huh? I checked my balance on this card and there's $40 missing! It took the money I tried to use on that purchase that SUPPOSEDLY didn't go through. I looked at my activity, since pending payments will show up there, and there is nothing there. I looked at the listing because as you know, once you buy an item, it will be marked as bought. But it is not "bought". It's still at "buy it now" for $40.

The seller has 500+ transactions and a 98%, I wasn’t scammed. this is eBay’s fault. I checked my PayPal account to see if the money went into there instead of back onto my card for some reason but nope, no activity there either.

What am I supposed to do? I'm going to call eBay as soon as I can but I'm not sure how else to solve this or what eBay can do. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm livid. I rarely get angry but I'm shaking.

Moving this to Trade Support for you. Snork Maiden, WYP mod

freezestime:
I've been in a semi similar situation with the eBay app.

I won an auction for an figurine and I started to pay, choosing paypal then entered in my details.

Started processing then reverted back to the original screen and I thought, okay that's weird and there was no update, not like "paid" it still said "please pay the winning amount" or something, I chalked it up to a fluke and tried again, only same response so I'm like "okay 1 more time" then nothing.

Then I checked my account, no money transferred, on my bank app or paypal app.

I restarted the app and even my phone, not updated so I told the seller what was going on, emailed paypal then clicked on ebay support chat. Told the person what happened in detail, they told me it was a fault on their end and said they'll work on it. I'm like great, then i emailed the seller updating them.

I waited for a few days and they fixed it, was able to pay for it. It arrived a week or two later.

bluerose9978:
EBay has been very glitchy lately. I won an auction and it completely disappeared when I went to pay for it (it reappeared the next day). So I think calling them is the best thing to do at this point.

Carrehz:
aaa that's awful! I'd phone them and ask them what's up, it might also be an idea to contact the seller and ask if they got any messages regarding the transaction or anything like that?

banditpony:
Honestly it sounds like that something happened when the transaction went through and it held that money. It's possible the money isn't gone.

I'd take a deep breath and just call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version