collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grumpy Cat Passed Away  (Read 2571 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpy Cat Passed Away
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 05:59:13 AM »
Exactly my point - a kitty with "birth defects" should be safe and sound at home, not being dragged all over creation :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 06:44:34 AM »
She looked to me like she had many genetic problems to start with, and the result of cruel breeding. Many animals have unusual charcteristics due to inbreeding which is done to preserve and continue a certain "cute" thing such as the big eyes. It leads to so many health problems for them that it's sickening to think about.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
So. I don't think anyone really knows her actual health history one way or another. She wasn't bred to be a certain way, as her parents can be seen here : https://www.grumpycats.com/about

It was stated that she had feline dwarfism, and it did effect her hind legs. I'm sure that somehow effected her internal organs as well.

Regardless if they did the right thing or not, I feel bad for the owners as it sucks to lose a part of the family. And since she was well known, I feel bad for her fans as well. :(

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
She looked to me like she had many genetic problems to start with.

Same. It's sad she's gone but I always had an... icky feeling about her fame.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 01:59:42 AM »
OK people bagging on the owners need to stop.

I'm gonna go, go, GO! There's no stopping me, yeah~

Regardless if they did the right thing or not, I feel bad for the owners as it sucks to lose a part of the family. And since she was well known, I feel bad for her fans as well. :(

The owners also lost a big source of monetary income. So while I can feel with them for losing a beloved pet, part of me just can't feel too bad about them as people.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:16:36 AM by Zapper »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 05:43:00 AM »

The owners also lost a big source of monetary income. So while I can feel with them for losing a beloved pet, part of me just can't feel too bad about them as people.

They didn't lose their brand though. The cat really doesn't have to be alive to be represented by an illustration in childrens books, or face screenprinted on a t-shirt.

How relevant she remained as a meme and/or brand always depended on marketing.. and I don't think has much to do if she is alive or dead. (as in, if she lived till 15 it would of been still hard to keep it going for that long).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 03:00:41 AM »

...Mr Farenheit, is that you??

...On the topic of this, we won't ever know for sure if she was or wasn't a happy kitty. I think personally that the travelling and stuff isn't necessarily what cats enjoy, as they're territorial. I don't really see a problem with her fame in terms of pics online and stuff, but I guess we'll never know how much her fame affected her lifespan.

We don't know for sure but complications of a UTI suggest maybe kidney issues. Cats don't do well with those. My gran's cat Jojo had chronic kidney issues towards the end of her life. She was half wild and only trusted my gran so when gran died, and we had to find somewhere to take Jo in, it was just too much for her. Her kidneys gave out and she had to be put to sleep. She was a sweet (very shy) cat and I feel bad we couldn't do anything else for her. But she really only trusted gran, and had been with gran her whole life (13 years or so?) and we couldn't fix that. We also couldn't take her in because my mother's asthma is serious grade (and I mean serious) and Jo didn't really get on with my Dad anyway, but even though we really tried to do the best thing for her, in the end we couldn't do anything at all. Sometimes with the best will in the world and even doing everything you can, you still can't win.

Maybe, if she had birth defects, she already had an issue with her urinary tract and her kidneys. So it may just have been a timebomb waiting to happen, or it may have been stress.

The real sad thing is that a cute cat has passed on :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal