collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what are your pony stories/headcanons?  (Read 2616 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
what are your pony stories/headcanons?
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:40:33 AM »
Hello,

In my g1 herd, I have plenty of headcanons for my ponies. For example, posey and sweet stuff are wearing armor because they joined the flutterpony army, since ponylandhas such a poor defense (except from the rainbow of light). Further Tex is a cousin of applejack (though I don't own her) Galaxy is a magic prodigee and the most powerfull unicorn (sorry twilight) Also Fizzy and the wind whistler that will soon arrive are dating.

So that got me thinking. Do other people do this? Do you make up personal stories/backstories for your herd (or other toys)?
If so what are they? Please let me know :)

Greetings,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: what are your pony stories/headcanons?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:54:37 AM »
I've got some pony ships in my herd. G3 Minty and Pinkie being one of them as shown in my signature photo. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
I've got some pony ships in my herd. G3 Minty and Pinkie being one of them as shown in my signature photo. :P

Thye looks so cute together, nice couple :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:07 AM »
In my head Slugger is really Baby Buttons dad,  and Baby buttons is the baby sister of Baby Slugger.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »
When I was little (maybe 7 or 8), I used to pretend Steamer and Paradise were a couple, and their baby was Baby Stockings (I guess because she had similar colors to Paradise? *shrugs* I don't understand my younger self's logic ahaha). I even drew fanart of them together.

Nowadays, I have a few pony headcanons/theories:

+ (G1) In my mental 'verse, Baby Whirly-Twirl grows up to be a helicopter pilot. I like to imagine him being in something similar to the Coast Guard, and that he's involved in a lot of search-and-rescue type operations.

+ (G1-G3) I imagine that Waterfire is Barnacle's descendant. I like to think that when she was little, she dressed up as a pirate a lot and thought he was the coolest pony ever.

+ (G1) Because my Seawinkle has some scratches and dents on her face (presumably from a cat, judging by how thin the marks are), I started thinking of her as the warrior type. I like to imagine that she's the protector of the sea ponies, and earned her scars in a battle with some fearsome beast of the depths. She likes to spend her off-time telling thrilling tails to the baby sea ponies.

+ (G1) I always used to headcanon Sunbeam as a princess, and I still like that headcanon.

+ (G1) Star Hopper is (of course) that quirky pony who collects space memorabilia and will talk your ear off about how aliens are real. I feel like she'd live in a Futuro house or something, haha >u<

+ (G3) Strawberry Swirl and Strawberry Sunset are cousins. Strawberry Swirl is super outgoing and likes to go on adventures, while Strawberry Sunset is a much more reserved pony and reluctantly goes along with her cousin, despite really preferring a warm drink and a relaxing evening at home in her garden.

+ (G3) Love Wishes runs a pen-pal program/lonely hearts type deal to keep ponies, especially shy ones, from becoming lonely.

+ (G3) Cheerilee and Kimono are great friends, and Cheerilee invites Kimono over to view cherry blossoms with her when they're in season.

+ (G3) I don't have Coconut Cream myself yet, but I saw someone shipping Fizzy Pop and Coconut Cream, and I think it's utterly adorable! Would totally take some cute pics of them if I was able to find a Coconut Cream! Fizzy Pop is one of my fave G3 ponies too.

+ (G4) I don't get much into the shipping side of FiM because it's a dangerous place to be sometimes with all the...questionable artwork, but....I like Party Favor and Double Diamond together <3 They make a cute pair (whether romantic or just platonic). I also kinda ship Rarity and Applejack (they're so cute! Also they're my two faves out of the Mane 6).

+ (G4) I like to think that Apple Split is sort of the missing 'link' between Pinkie Pie and the Apples. He's a member of the Apple family, but his hair is bright pink, and his description in the FiM game notes that he's a funky party pony. The episode 'Pinkie Apple Pie' was sorta left on a neutral note with no real closure, but I like to think that if she is related to the Apples, Apple Split's side of the family is probably where she's from.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:36:59 AM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 08:33:58 AM »
I have a few! Surprise and Powder are girlfriends in my herd, they fit so nicely together. Cotton Candy was the first pony so she's supposed to be a leader, but she's very forgiving and motherly, so she's not always the best at enforcing rules. Pony Bride and her other friends in her pose are sort of a Mean Girls-ish group, but they only bother the sweetheart sister ponies.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 09:03:20 AM »
I don't really have any, although I do see the white sitting fakie (I call her Aingeal) as some kind of pony goddess. A beautiful pony spirit who spreads nothing but light and goodness. That's why she's on my nightstand. :D

Non-pony headcanon:

Spoiler
I also collect Sylvanian Families, and recently got the Tuxedo Cat Family. I always set all the children up like they are running and climbing and doing things kids do, but not the two Tuxedo girls. They are from a posh family, and they are not allowed to play outside in their pretty dresses. But they do like to play inside with their luxury doll house! :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »
When I was a child, there were only "girl" ponies so new ponies were made by wishing hard enough. Then, the elements would make them appear.   They were all basically magical and gender less, so no love stories.  But best friends were common and they interacted with each other more like real horses do. Nuzzling, playing, grooming each other and such. When big brothers came around, they were just the same but with more boyish ways.

Oh, and ponies didn't build dream castle.  The stars and moon made it for them or something along those lines.  The ponies acted more like actual ponies than human.

I really haven't abandoned that head canon.  :lol:

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »
I don't get much into the shipping side of FiM because it's a dangerous place to be sometimes with all the...questionable artwork (...) I also kinda ship Rarity and Applejack (they're so cute! Also they're my two faves out of the Mane 6).

Signed.
And I never search for cute fan art anymore because... yeah. But I've been shipping them since the sleepover episode. Romantically, in a perfectly suitable for young audiences way. Kinda like the show already does with the "special somepony" and wedding stuff.

I feel like I always have to add this because with f/f or m/m people always tend to think you are a creepy 18+ fanartist/fanfic writer :P

They just make a lot of sense to me. Both are business owners with strict work ethic and their little sisters are best friends. Their personalities clash at times but they also fit together really well. They have this stereotypical butch/femme vibe going on :lol: Especially when Rarity tries to make AJ look pretty. It just makes me squee. Such a wholesome ship.

Post Merge: May 17, 2019, 09:51:13 AM

Pony Bride and her other friends in her pose are sort of a Mean Girls-ish group, but they only bother the sweetheart sister ponies.

This is hilarious! I bet Pony Bride is a real bridezilla and things have to go her way or else!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:51:13 AM by Zapper »

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »
I do have a few regarding G1, some of them dating all the way back to my childhood:

- The City of the Ancients from "The Magic Coins Part 3" used to be more than just the large building where the Emerald Idol was kept, the open area in front of it used to be occupied by wooden architecture that simply didn't survive the test of time;
- The huge skull used as a deathtrap in "The Ghost of Paradise Estate Part 3" belonged to a large mosasaurus-like marine predator that was killed by Squirk;
- During the "The End of Flutter Valley" storyarc, most Flutter Ponies were on vacation and they left the queen and five other ponies in charge (with disastrous results) but they were back by the time of "Bright Lights"
- The reason Baby Cuddles forms such a strong attachment to the buggy in "The Revolt of Paradise Estate" is because there is no regular Cuddles in the series so she just yearns for some sort of maternal figure like the ones that most of other baby ponies have;
- Hydia's husband left one day after going out to get cigarettes because he simply couldn't stand putting up with his horrible wife and daughters anymore;
- The skulls put on display in Grogar's throne room in "The Return of Tambelon" belonged to a human and some sort of sentient bird that dared to stood up to Grogar some time long ago and he decided to make an example of them as a warning to others;
- Patch from "Tales" comes from some alternate fantasy dimension where the "glowing magical ponies" also come from, she had to be abandoned by her real parents and somehow ended up in Ponyland where they found her and put her in an orphanage, that's why she's the only one who can see ghosts and other weird things.
- Secret Surprise Ponies have a split spine that goes around the area under their saddle and then merges again, that's how they can store things in a fleshy sack inside their bodies.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:12:27 AM by SpacePinto »
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »
I do have a few regarding G1, some of them dating all the way back to my childhood:

- The City of the Ancients from "The Magic Coins Part 3" used to be more than just the large building where the Emerald Idol was kept, the open area in front of it used to be occupied by wooden architecture that simply didn't survive the test of time;
- The huge skull used as a deathtrap in "The Ghost of Paradise Estate Part 3" belonged to a large mosasaurus-like marine predator that was killed by Squirk;
- During the "The End of Flutter Valley" storyarc, most Flutter Ponies were on vacation and they left the queen and five other ponies in charge (with disastrous results) but they were back by the time of "Bright Lights"
- The reason Baby Cuddles forms such a strong attachment to the buggy in "The Revolt of Paradise Estate" is because there is no regular Cuddles in the series so she just yearns for some sort of maternal figure like the ones that most of other baby ponies have;
- Hydia's husband left one day after going out to get cigarettes because he simply couldn't stand putting up with his horrible wife and daughters anymore;
- The skulls put on display in Grogar's throne room in "The Return of Tambelon" belonged to a human and some sort of sentient bird that dared to stood up to Grogar some time long ago and he decided to make an example of them as a warning to others;
- Patch from "Tales" comes from some alternate fantasy dimension where the "glowing magical ponies" also come from, she had to be abandoned by her real parents and somehow ended up in Ponyland where they found her and put her in an orphanage, that's why she's the only one who can see ghosts and other weird things.
- Secret Surprise Ponies have a split spine that goes around the area under their saddle and then merges again, that's how they can store things in a fleshy sack inside their bodies.

Quite the imagination and knowledge of the cartoons!  That last one though is a little...ick! lol :P :blink: :shocked: Also, I love the Hydia's husband one :lol:

I randomly think of ships and family groups at times.  I will probably display some as such if I ever get my pony room figured out

Ice Crystal and Red Roses are together with daughters Milkweed and Tumbleweed
Locket and Chief are together
Truly is Puddles and Peeks' mom

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 01:23:40 PM »
I love the idea of Pony Bride etc as mean girls xD.

I don't so much do this now, but in the past there were certain families among my collection, certain pairs, etc.

I also wrote stories about Paradise, Magic Star and CJ when I was about eight or nine. Somewhere there's a photostory...

Here it is for anyone who wants to see my ponies doing silly stuff...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,369646.0.html

I also have Fluttsi. Fluttsi is a Fluttershy which my sister gave me before I went to do my fieldwork in Japan. She looks like Rainbow Magic, an important childhood pony of mine, hence my sister's choice. She is now rather a precocious kind of character who travels home with me regularly, often comes visiting places and things like that. My sister and I have an ongoing joke about her taking all the credit for my academic successes xD. I took her with me to my viva exam at the end of April and she'll come with me when I eventually graduate as well, with any luck. She's no longer "Fluttershy" in my mind but completely "Flutter Magic" now.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385952.msg1639558.html#msg1639558
Some of Fluttsi's Japanese adventures are here.

I dunno if that counts as 'head canon' but she's definitely the biggest 'personality' in my collection right now. Even though I'm a G1 collector and will never see any other Gen like I do G1, Fluttsi was from Naynie as a good luck charm, so she's special ;) xD.

She is of course the pony in my avatar. She got a taste for sakura when in Japan - the avatar is her playing hide and seek around my miniature cherry that my uncle bought for my birthday this year :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:26:22 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 03:28:31 PM »
I used to pretend that Baby Palm Tree and Pina/Colada/Hula Hula were mother and baby pony. Baby Palm Tree's father was a pegasus pony.

Dream Valley is much bigger than what has been shown in the cartoons and comics.  There are also many creatures that share the Valley with the ponies that we haven't seen yet.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »
I liked making families.  Windy, Pinwheel, and Gusty are sisters and cousins, all with wind unicorn magic.  Bowtie, Ribbon, and Tux are siblings. 
I also had Draggle turn good, and her best friends are Lofty and Cherries Jubilee and they all hang out at the Moochik's house because Reeka is his apprentice and Draggle is the new villian of Pony Land after the death of their mother. 

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 04:44:41 PM »
That last one though is a little...ick! lol :P :blink: :shocked:

Well, that's the only explanation I could come up with for their anatomy ;) That or they are some sort of cyborgs that have a natural head and limbs but mechanical torso :D
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal