collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sunfading help please!  (Read 612 times)

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Sunfading help please!
« on: May 12, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »
Hi friends!

Does anyone know if TAF Buttons is safe to sunfade? My Buttons has orange/pink (educated guess) marker in her ears, at the top of her horn and a patch on one of her legs.

This pic is when I first got her, she's been cleaned up since then.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfading help please!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:11:00 PM »
I am pretty sure it is okay to sunfade her but I would be careful to cover her symbols and hair because they can fade. Also, you might want to keep an eye on the sunfading process. Hope this helps! Good luck with your restoration!

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 01:36:23 PM »
Sorry to barge in with my own question like this, but this go for all taf ponies? I mean my yum yum was able to sunfade (she already had cut, white hair but her symbols plus eyes were covered). Just hoping my munchiee wont vurn
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
Sorry to barge in with my own question like this, but this go for all taf ponies? I mean my yum yum was able to sunfade (she already had cut, white hair but her symbols plus eyes were covered). Just hoping my munchiee wont vurn
Whether certain ponies is burn is less to do with their set and more to do with plastic variances (batch issues and color in particular) and sun strength. As long as you monitor your ponies closely and check in often you should be able to catch burning before it gets too bad, but I would certainly take great care.
I was able to successfully sunfade a White Valentine Baby, but it was in January sun and under constant supervision. Her plastic seemed like the more translucent type that tends to burn, too. Definitely check more often if you are in a particularly sunny area!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
Whether certain ponies is burn is less to do with their set and more to do with plastic variances (batch issues and color in particular) and sun strength. As long as you monitor your ponies closely and check in often you should be able to catch burning before it gets too bad, but I would certainly take great care.
I was able to successfully sunfade a White Valentine Baby, but it was in January sun and under constant supervision. Her plastic seemed like the more translucent type that tends to burn, too. Definitely check more often if you are in a particularly sunny area!

That makes sense, thank you. The sun here is mediocre at best but if I keep her by the window and watch her like a hawk she should be fine :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
Can't imagine this one would burn. I would recommend wrapping in toilet paper like a mummy, wet the TP to hold in place. You've got some strong sun down there, so make sure you're checking on her by rotating often. I bet she'll be good as new before the end of this month.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal