collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What else would you blow your "Pony Fund" on?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: What else would you blow your "Pony Fund" on?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:39 AM »
Ohh what a pretty chaise longue! Also vote for the grey!

I'm kinda collecting crafting material. I get all hyped up about a possible new craft project, read all the guides, watch all the tutorials I can get, then I buy all the stuff I need and then I have a hard time getting through the first few projects that don't pass my own perfection standard tests and get all frustrated and stop. Trying not to do that this time, and actually go through and invest the time to learn and get better with polymer clay!

My dog is also a huge money sink. New brushes, toys, treats - pets are a bottomless pit nowadays! Currently restraining myself from buying all the supplies for making paracord leashes because - see above, still have other craft projects I want to take care of first.

I'm also spending money on several subscriptions - Netflix, currently Sky for Game of Thrones, a fitness & tracker app for my phone, games. Been also spending some money on in-app purchases for photo apps to use with my Insta.

Sounds like a lot, but at least I don't go shopping for clothes, shoes, handbags and makeup a lot like so many other women do. I rarely shop those things (unless for clothes, it's GoT or MLP stuff I come across, having a hard time not to buy that stuff!).
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 03:09:03 AM »
Oh my gosh that chaise is to die for! Major congrats! I'm going to be in the minority and say I actually adore its original green color, but I love what you've done with the gray cover so that the original fabric is still preserved underneath! To be fair I am a HUGE sucker for anything that is that kind of deep "vintage" green color. ;)

If I had a place of my own I would probably be spending a fair amount on unique furniture. I'm a huge fan of mid century modern styled stuff, or anything that has a funky 70's vibe! If it's what I call a 70's orange or green I want it! :lol: I have spent some money on stuff for just my bedroom, I should try and get a picture of some of my more unique pieces! I have a dresser that is super funky and floral and I just adore it!

I also have a pretty fair collection of vinyl records. Most of them are from newer artists, but I really prefer the larger art and weight that comes with a full sized album. Some of my special edition pressings are really pretty too, it just brings an extra layer of joy when I listen to music that way! :)

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 05:08:42 AM »
EVERYTHING. :lookround: Seriously, I just love stuff... I like pretty things, and to be honest I can't walk into a store and NOT see something pretty. :P I don't really have a problem, but I should really stop liking everything so much...

As for actual "collections", I also collect Sylvanian Families, everything Cranberries, everything Irish, jewellery, pretty beeswax figures, forest inspired decorations, semi precious gemstones...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »
Probably vinyl records, which is another recent obsession of mine besides ponies. I especially like 7 inch singles. I recently got some money from mom for my birthday, I plan to use it to buy Land of Confusion, One Night in Bangkok and maybe In the Army Now if I'm lucky.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 09:25:22 AM »
Honestly, nothing... It's been quite awhile since I found something new and fun that's got Rainbow Brite on it to spend the extra pony funds. I've been struggling to find anything on my wish list in a price range that I am comfortable with.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
Probably vinyl records, which is another recent obsession of mine besides ponies. I especially like 7 inch singles. I recently got some money from mom for my birthday, I plan to use it to buy Land of Confusion, One Night in Bangkok and maybe In the Army Now if I'm lucky.

*thumbsup* :D and nice taste! I love Land of Confusion!

So, what would I use my pony-money on if not on ponies? - Hm. Videogames, yeah! Pokemon stuff, vinyl records (recently got News of the World for hubby and Rumors for me and I LOVE both!!), plushies, anything cuddly (like pillows, blankets, bedsheets blabla, you get what I mean I guess), stickers, books (recently got Warrior Cats - Path of a Warrior, sooo looking forward to read it!!), Dinosaur stuff, ... I like way too many things I guess XD

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
Supplies for my pets, probably. Hamsters, fish, cats, and geckos are very needy!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »
I don't really have "pony money" anymore... but I suppose I could spend my houseplant money on ponies...  :lookround:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:05 PM »
Congratulations on the chaise longue, it's absolutely stunning! It looks really nice with the cover and cushions on it too - very glamorous indeed! :heart:

As for what non-pony things that my pony money would go on, I'm another one for vinyl records, as they fascinated me when I was a kid and the charm has never gone away. I love collecting tapes too, although my focus there is fun, colourful ones to record mixtapes on, as I found all my pre-recorded album grails years ago, thankfully!
My pony money has recently gone on things for the house to liven it up, though. My current project is turning the bedroom into a sort of dreamy 80s retreat which has been great fun and it's almost finished. I'm waiting on a pink marble chevron patterned duvet set to top it off, but my favourite things in the room have to be the lamp that inspired the theme in the first place and the dressing screen, which hides the garment rail. After having done all this, I might give into weakness and treat myself to a pony, though. :lol:

Spoiler

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
Well... I have a lot of interests. XD

• Dolls (Barbie, Monster High, Ever After High, Disney, Pullips, etc., etc.)
  • Plushies/Beanies
  • Transformers
  • Shopkins and assorted other mini-toys
  • Pokemon and Digimon toys/collectibles
  • Who am I kidding? I collect practically everything that’s turned up in the toy aisle in the last 50 years. XD
  • Video Games/Consoles
  • DVDs/BluRays
  • Sewing/arts/crafts supplies

Oh, but veterinary bills take precedence over everything else, should they come up. I love my fur-babies (and feather-babies!). <3

I am still debating whether or not I want to buy a kindle/ebook reader. I like real books but I have too many of them and no space. So it's a growing thought in my mind that at some point I need to consider this.

I made the switch to digital books for that same reason... I couldn’t justify stacks and stacks of books in the basement anymore. >_<;

I will say that digital has renewed my love of reading, though! I have subscriptions to services like Playster and Kindle Unlimited, and it really cuts costs vs. buying print copies. They’re a good way to go if you’re a voracious reader, like me. X3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:03:40 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 02:01:56 PM »
The shape of that chaise is so elegant, I can understand why you like it so much :) but like some others, I too, prefer it revamped, with the cover you pinned on it - the original colour was too bright for my taste for this size. Still, I love that you did the revamping this way, without actually modifying the vintage item. Are you going to actually use it, or will it rather be mainly a room decoration item?

As for me, I also don't have pony money, mainly because I also collect other toy lines, not just ponies. So I'd say from my side it is fair if I answer the question leaving any collection out of scope. Actually though, until the end of last year I never really had separate collection funds either. But last autumn I, again, felt a reoccurring need to buy a certain doll that is rather a collector item and long discontinued, so chances of finding it in a thrift store are close to zero. While I was never able to spend that much money as what she now goes for on a single item (as I enjoy collecting more from an "accidentally finding what I want"-way), this time I realised that I either buy her for this money, or I will not have her. At this discontinued state, with time she will only become rarer and more expensive. So I made a decision: I need to sell other items (collection, and other excess stuff too that are lying around, taking up space), and if I manage to get back the money she goes for, I will buy her.

Fast forward to today (since the above is still off-topic): I did manage to save up for the doll and bought her (and love her :3 ), but I somehow found that I enjoy tracking the funds I accumulated for what I sold, so I did not stop doing that - meaning I do have separate collection money. I am eyeballing another doll, but now it's the "what else would you buy" ^.^ For this question I have two answers:

- From a realistic perspective (in our current situation), I would go and get a nose piercing. I have been thinking of it for some time (years even) now, and I do have enough funds (as well as a recommendation on a piercer to go to), it's just a matter of finally deciding and taking the step.
- From an unfortunately currently not realistic perspective: I would buy a new oven, washing machine, and tall wardrobes (not that my collection funds are enough for even one of these, but I'd be happy to use that money to cover a part). Sadly though, we live in a rented apartment which is equipped with (crappy versions of) these (crappy oven, rusty washing machine that is currently not even working/being repaired, and short wardrobes that don't have enough space for all of our stuff). If this was our flat/if one day we can finally buy a flat of our own, these will be the first items I will buy, and I will be happy to use any collection money on them  ^.^

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »
Instruments! Mainly woodwind and brass instruments. I was a mess in high school, wanting to play several different instruments - clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, oboe, bass clarinet, and French horn. In the end, I switched to bassoon for college and settled with the idea of marching saxophone someday and maybe getting an oboe after I graduate.

That didn't happen...  :lol: I didn't stop with saxophone or oboe (nor did I get either of them under the planned circumstances). Back in 2015, my mom and I started going to antique/vintage stores and I started finding instruments, and some of them in actual playable quality! My best scores were a trombone and an alto saxophone (I already had a tenor). But I also found some instruments that were really, really old. Like a flute that is supposedly from the 19th century and an oboe I can't identify the era of (somewhere from the late 19th century to the early 20th century from my own amateur understanding of the keywork).

Before 2015 I was in the mindset of "I have every instrument I need" but my mom pushed me. lol. I would have ended up with an English horn of my own if I hadn't had to leave my job to return to school.

Also... I got a bass clarinet on eBay. I think it's the only object I have actually bidded for instead of just "buy now" and it was so intense! For like a week no one was interested in it for me, but then in the last day the other buyers came out and the fight was going on through the last minute. I outbidded someone in the very last minute and got it. lol

I don't have money for any such thing anymore. Otherwise, I'd for sure have an English horn by now. I'd also have more recorders, and Renaissance/Baroque instruments.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal