collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Sundance Iris Replacement  (Read 510 times)

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Baby Sundance Iris Replacement
« on: May 08, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
You might recall that my Baby Sundance was missing her right iris. A few weeks ago I even made a thread about the eyepatch I'd finally crafted for her. But the patch is no longer needed.

Quite while back I searched eBay for doll irises, and managed to find some (the starburst ones by GlassEyesOnLine) that were a good match for Beddy-Bye Eye Baby Pony irises. A little while back I finally ordered some of their smallest size (5mm). They were too big as-is, but I milled one down enough that it fit.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ta-da!

It's not quite the same blue as the remaining original eye, but I think it still works.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Sundance Iris Replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:21:06 AM »
Oh wow, she looks excellent now! I don't think I would even know her eyes were two different shades of blue if you hadn't pointed it out! From the front view its really hard to tell which eye has been replaced!

If you dont mind me asking, how did you get the new eye in? I have some BBE ponies that I'm keeping in a corner of shame in my display case because theyre so sad and rusty to look at. :P I would love to give them some fresh eyes to try and make them pretty again!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Sundance Iris Replacement
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:19:30 AM »
Maneuvered it into the empty socket in the eyeball with the point of a toothpick, and pressed it in with the blunt end.

Honestly? If your ponies have their irises intact I wouldn't try replacing them. It's kind of a pain (the smallest diameter these come in is too big, so I had to grind this one down to make it fit), plus replacing the irises wouldn't fix the rest of the rust. I would try cleaning off the rust with Q-tips dipped in cola.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal