collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: please help  (Read 2475 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: please help
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »
I would avoid using any chemicals at all on G1 ponies like the plague. We know well by now that the plastic is not as stable in a 30+ year old toy as maybe it was years ago - it's impossible to predict the long term outcome if you add other chemicals to the mix. Quick fixes (like we learned with acne cream) can have long consequences. I personally wish people didn't use any form of bleach related chemical because we can't know the long term impact. It's a better rule of thumb to begin small and work up, not jump straight into the chemical level. Just a tip for the future.

Also, as the second image Galactica posted is my pony, I feel it's important to clarify that's not a proper comparison. My Twinkler is sun damaged on her display side but the pony pictured is a store pony. The OP is talking about MO Twinkler.  MO Twinkler's plastic/glitter composition (as with all the MO Sparkles) is often more dense than that in the store pony release. That means all kinds of possible different ways in which she might discolour. Let's not forget that brown Nappers more commonly seem to occur in the green haired mail order version than the store version.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PreciousFeathers

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
I'm sorry if this is off-topic but what happens with acne cream? I've seen it mentioned but the source is a little dated.
Formerly PartlyPastel!

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 01:54:22 AM »
I'm sorry if this is off-topic but what happens with acne cream? I've seen it mentioned but the source is a little dated.
the acne cream continues to affect the plastic long after it has been washed off, and can bleach the parts it was used on to white/yellow
this is a thread on it i had in my history -> http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,330090.0.html i remember another one with bow tie too, who had white spots, but i cant find that currently
i wouldn't risk it even on a white pony either because theres a chance it may spread to others through contact (i've heard of this happening with other stuff, maybe with acne cream in particular but i'm not sure)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 11:21:07 PM »
the acne cream continues to affect the plastic long after it has been washed off, and can bleach the parts it was used on to white/yellow
this is a thread on it i had in my history -> http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,330090.0.html i remember another one with bow tie too, who had white spots, but i cant find that currently
i wouldn't risk it even on a white pony either because theres a chance it may spread to others through contact (i've heard of this happening with other stuff, maybe with acne cream in particular but i'm not sure)

It can also take a long time to manifest so it is basically a ticking time bomb.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal