collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Time Travelling Shopping Trips!  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Time Travelling Shopping Trips!
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:55:15 PM »
Here's a fun game that I sometimes like to think about when I see retro toys or general 90's things:

If you had the chance to travel back in time and purchase items - assuming you had unlimited funds and in the correct currency, what would you buy?

I don't mean the usual 'buy stuff that's super rare in the future', more what you would buy for your personal pleasure, what you wanted as a kid but never got, the odd things you swear you saw but can't name and have no trace online.

Personally, I would go back and get: Biker Mice from Mars stuff, early Monster High, a LOT of Playstation games, McFarlane figures, more manga that has long gone out of print, and I would wander around all the Woolworths shops I can find! I would also go around John Menzies, Toys 'r' Us from the 90's as I never went, Blockbuster, try Irn Bru before the recipe change and sausage rollsf rom Greggs as that had a change too!

I would also buy SO MUCH The Lion King merch!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travelling Shopping Trips!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 06:47:02 PM »
Sailor moon stuff! Takara ponies! Miffy things, also Poochie....
And lady lovely locks everything
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
Probably things that I can't find on eBay now or would be very hard to complete, like all issues of Dinosaurs! from DeAgostini, all six original Attack Pack toys, all six Woodland Folk books, tons of different discontinued snacks and of course a brand new Wind Whistler, Fizzy and few other ponies...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »
Naturally, I'd love to go back to the G1 and G3 MLP eras to be able to pick up the ones I wanted off of the shelves. That'd be so neat!

Also, I collected beanie babies when I was really young, and I think it would be super neat to go back and time and collect some of the ones from the first runs. I remember the dinosaur beanie babies that were really rare.

Music-wise, I just can't resist the idea of being able to go back to olden times and get instruments from each era. Although that would prove a very complicated adventure, it would be so cool to get an oboe from the Baroque era and lots of the winds from the Renaissance era. I'd get multiple of each, so I could have ones to keep in pristine condition and other ones to play. Lord knows I'd die to get to play a Baroque oboe! That instrument is so gorgeous!

Okay, I went off there, sorry.

|My Collection|

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »
Oh so many things!

Spoiler
I dreamed about finding the Sailor Moon toys and merch as a child, I'd probably time travel to Canada/America when Sailor Moon first came out, then when it reached the height of it's popularity and as it's popularity was dying off, then head to Japan and do it all again! Then I'd go to Australia, document what was being sold (if it was ever aired here) and then go to Italy when Sailor Moon was being re-aired and get those nice big dolls.

Then with My Little Pony, I'd go to America whenever a line was released that I had interest in. Like the first big brothers, Prom Queens, Sweetheart Sisters, Twins, Newborns, Bride ponies, TAF ponies, Playsets, Family sets, Babies, Teeny Tiny Babies, some misc ponies and items before I'd head over to boot sales and garage sales to see what I find. Then I'd go to American toy fairs to take photos of prototypes, concepts, ect and see if I could dumpster dive some stuff or get the locations of storage warehouses.

Get catalouges then head over to Europe to get cookery ponies, mountain boys, newborns, babies, then go to toy fairs, take photos and grab catalouges along with the comics before heading to Germany for Baby Buttons, nesthacken babies and regenbogan ponies.

Then I will go to Australia to establish when each release came out, get all the major stores catalouges each month, go to as many toys stores as possible, both rural and metro. Take photos of the isles, displays, go dumpster diving for displays, defect toys, ect.

Go to all Hasbro offices, get to know who's who, dumpster dive, get gossip from them, go to the national Australia Toy Fair, take photos, get catalouges, get unwanted items from their stall. Do that and verify which Nirvana was sent here from UK/Europe/America.

Then I'll go to Europe to get the G2 ponies I want, then head to France for their releases later in the line. Then back to Australia, where I'll buy the playsets that were released world wide, pick up catalouges, go to the toy fair, take pictures, get the catalouges, get display stuff, go to the Royal Fair to get G1 show bags and G2 show bags, plus whatever misc stuff they have in store.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:19:08 PM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:40:36 PM »
Takaras definitely for ponies! If I could time travel and visit Europe, I'd be able to have a more complete Rayman collection. The figures, the plush, VHS, posters, the magazine, whatever other merch I haven't listed... I even covet the educational spin-offs. Not only are these pricey, but my actual issue is the fact that no one in France ships to the US... -_- French pony collectors will ship to Antarctica from my experience, so why are French gamers acting snobby? Do you know how much stuff I've missed out on because no one ships outside of France? :think:

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 01:45:12 AM »
My time-travelling plan has always been to go back to the 19th century to buy books! But I wouldn't mind stopping off in the 1980s for the experience of seeing G1 ponies in shops as that's not something I've ever seen (I was born in 1993). And while I was there I could buy some Mountain Boys because I love them but they're usually out of my price range.

Given my love of second-hand ponies, I'd love to go back to the halcyon days of the 90s and visit some car boot sales and charity shops, armed with unlimited money and, more importantly, a knowledge of tiny pony accessories :). My girlfriend used to buy ponies back then but admits that she probably overlooked various combs, accessories and princess dragons (noooo!) because she didn't know about them.

I'd also like to go back to the 90s and buy some Kitty in my Pocket things. I still have most of my Kitties, but I lost the majority of the accessories :shakefist:. Same with Pound Purries, I have the cats but not their little certificates of ownership.

Final stop, October 2000 to buy the one-off Worst Witch magazine, just as I did when I was seven. But this time I'm keeping tight hold of the magazine, my original one went away at some point (at least I still have the badge that came with it!).

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 01:49:27 AM »
So many G3 ponies. All the ones on my wishlist!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 04:32:14 AM »
Man I'd go back in time to 80s/90s Japan and get all the cute toys / anime merch, cassette tapes, records.. a Sony flamingo .. and a Celica *tear* would just love a minty off the lot Celica.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shileah

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 06:12:14 AM »
Ohh what a fun game! I'd go back to the 80s too and get

- all G1 MLP
- all Care Bear
- Golden Girl
- She-Ra
- a line of flocked animal figures - I knew them as Bärenwald, today they are in stores as Sylvan Families; might be Woodland Creatures?
- Popples
- Jem
- Keypers
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Wuzzles
- Little Twin Stars stationary
- Dream Beauties
-  the colour changing Hot Wheels
- and He-Man's Battlecat!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 06:53:42 AM »
Ooooh, I love threads like this!

I'd go to various countries and hoard Ojamajo Doremi stuff XP And take notes on how they were released and what country got which toys, too, cause I'm a nerd for that kind of stuff. Go back to that one French store and buy a couple more Onpu dolls (if only I'd known how rare she was at the time.. *weep*). Stop off at Toy Fair 2006 and steal liberate the unreleased Doremi toys from there (the unproduced figures haunt me day and night...). Pick up some Wedding Peach dolls, maybe some other mahou shoujo stuff too... gatecrash Wonder Festival 2008 and make off with the unproduced Mamachapp Lucky Star dolls... try and find out about some more obscure Sylvanian Families mysteries...

And then ponies! :D Pretty much what everyone else said, go around and try and pick up some rarer ones, dumpster dive for prototypes, etc. If time travelling ever becomes a thing, we need to band together and make a list of protos so we can have ALL THE INFO! Hehehehe.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 06:55:50 AM »
Oh Carrez, you remind me ... I'd try and steal the prototype Once upon a Zombie dolls! The Pocahontus, the Tinkerbell, ones that never came out, and try to get my damn hands on Alice  :mad:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 07:26:07 AM »
I would get soooo much xD

Starting with MLP, I would get two complete sets of the German rainbows: one MOC and one loose. I'd also get some Takaras in box and a crap ton of other sets MOC, like Sweetberries, some TAFs, years 1 and 2 ponies (especially Firefly and Medley), some sealed and pristine So Softs, tropicals, rockin beats, and maybe some obscure merchandise :)

I'd also get a green Play it Loud Gameboy and a Gameboy SP (the backlit model) because both are hard to find and they are the two consoles I want. And some Pokemon games too!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »
Oh Carrez, you remind me ... I'd try and steal the prototype Once upon a Zombie dolls! The Pocahontus, the Tinkerbell, ones that never came out, and try to get my damn hands on Alice  :mad:

oh man did Alice never come out after all? D: I never collected OuaZ but I remember there was a lot of talk about her back in the day.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 11:46:11 AM »
T H I S

Our parents would not allow us to have it back in the day and when I tried to get it as an adult I realized the doll goes for hundreds now and is often broken.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal