collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Questions about Baby Tiddley Winks and her stickers  (Read 685 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Questions about Baby Tiddley Winks and her stickers
« on: May 05, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »
Hi,

I noticed that Baby Tiddley winks has two different versions of her sticker, a puffy one and a flat scented one. Was she the only pony to have 2 different types of stickers released in the US? I'm assuming that the stickers changed between the first regular eyed Baby Tiddley Winks and the BBE one. My childhood Baby Tiddley Winks has regular eyes but my nursery came with a blue dresser, pink bathtub. pink mirror. I'm guessing that her flat sticker must have come with a different childhood pony as I didn't always get the same pony sticker as the pony that was in the package.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
Re: Questions about Baby Tiddley Winks and her stickers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »
Anyone? :)

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 10:24:04 PM »
Cuddles also had both kinds of stickers.  Both of them started out with playsets in Year 3 with NBBEs and puffy stickers, then the following year they were released as BBEs with flat stickers.  :)

Gusty, Surprise, Posey, Lickety-Split, Heart Throb, and Cherries Jubilee also would have had both kinds, puffy sticker for the NSS and flat stickers for the SS versions.  :)

Those are the only US examples I can think of offhand, but there might be more.   Probably for some ponywear sets, if you're counting those.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 11:30:18 PM »
Tiddly Winks also has a third sticker version over here -  we didn't get any flat scented ones, but we did get a weird flat round one, like a puffy one but totally flat. I had one with my childhood nursery - it's stuck on the wall (-.-) along with two round flat stickers showing the nursery (one in German, one in French). So it seems like she had so many releases she went through a whole range.

We only had regular eye baby Tiddly in the UK, but she was on sale here between around 1985 and 1989-90 according to catalogue images, which may explain it...I think mine was 1988.

I think you can just take this as a sign that ponies with multiple stickers had long running re-release patterns.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 07:12:47 AM »
Thanks LadyMoondancer and Taffeta. :) I didn't realize other ponies have multiple versions of the stickers also. I guess Tiddley Winks sticks out to me since I used to put my pony stickers in a sticker book and saw I had 2 different designs for Tiddley.

I saw pics of the stickers with the Nursery on them. :) I love that design more than the one with just Baby Tiddley. I wonder if they used the image on the MLP Fact File for the stickers with the Nursery on them? The image on the sticker looks really familiar.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:24:06 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 07:27:17 AM »
Wow, I didn't know about the flat stickers!  Here's a pic of them from the Wiki:

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal