collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are windy wings (with wings) and non pearly baby seaponies (sea shimmer) rare?  (Read 966 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
So basically the titel is the question.

Now I basically got a non pearly sea shimmer ( no float), summerwing pony high flier (with wings) and a sundance and confetti.

Now I payed a bit over 30 bucks, which I think is a good deal. Now I went on ebay to see the prices for the loose ponies there and there I saw it......dun dun duuuun!

A non pearly baby seapony sea shimmer for 126 dollars...

Is she rare? Is ebay crazy? did I get a crazy rare pony? Didn't I?

also the windy wing ponies seem to have fair prices on ebay.

Please let me know :).

cheers,

Luke 
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Windy Wings tend to sell for more than Summer Wings (although for some reason the Windy Wing set come up way more often on German Ebay and the prices thus are sometimes lower there. Good tip for people in Europe anyway xD). I have seen Cool Breeze sell for $60 or $70 - I sold one for $50 a few years ago. The others aren't necessarily as expensive, depending on who is bidding. Sun Glider is probably the cheapest? Or Whirly? I am not sure...but still around $30-35ish with wings?

I just sold three summer wings over Easter break - all of them around £10-£12 mark (which is what, €15ish? They weren't perfect but they had wings and weren't wrecked either.  One of those was High Flier. I think she sold for around £10.50 on her own, with messy hair and some wing bend.

The baby sea pony? No idea. I think she's pretty universal as she was sold in lots of places. Possibly just a mad auction?

The baby sea pony set that are usually the most expensive are the ones with the printed necklaces - the sea sparkles - because they don't seem to have been sold in as many places and even in the US and Canada they don't show up as often as some of the others. But I don't think either version of Sea Shimmer is that expensive usually..?

She has lovely colours though. I can see why someone would really want her (just maybe not that much??!!)

In any case, even if baby sea shimmer isn't a $126 pony, I think you got a good deal :) It sounds like a nice lot :) Hope Confetti was in good shape too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Windy Wings tend to sell for more than Summer Wings (although for some reason the Windy Wing set come up way more often on German Ebay and the prices thus are sometimes lower there. Good tip for people in Europe anyway xD). I have seen Cool Breeze sell for $60 or $70 - I sold one for $50 a few years ago. The others aren't necessarily as expensive, depending on who is bidding. Sun Glider is probably the cheapest? Or Whirly? I am not sure...but still around $30-35ish with wings?

I just sold three summer wings over Easter break - all of them around £10-£12 mark (which is what, €15ish? They weren't perfect but they had wings and weren't wrecked either.  One of those was High Flier. I think she sold for around £10.50 on her own, with messy hair and some wing bend.

The baby sea pony? No idea. I think she's pretty universal as she was sold in lots of places. Possibly just a mad auction?

The baby sea pony set that are usually the most expensive are the ones with the printed necklaces - the sea sparkles - because they don't seem to have been sold in as many places and even in the US and Canada they don't show up as often as some of the others. But I don't think either version of Sea Shimmer is that expensive usually..?

She has lovely colours though. I can see why someone would really want her (just maybe not that much??!!)

In any case, even if baby sea shimmer isn't a $126 pony, I think you got a good deal :) It sounds like a nice lot :) Hope Confetti was in good shape too!

Thank you very much for all the clarification. I just got them online today but the pictures are promising :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Most Windy Wings aren't rare, just much more expensive. I've seen several Flurries, Whirlies and Sun Gliders. Cool Breeze and Moonjumper are the rarest and priciest. I managed to get my daughter a Moonjumper last year for just under $40 with SnH. The wings are pretty sturdy.

I've noticed most baby sea ponies  are very close to each other in price regardless of set. I think the Sea Sparkle babies might be a bit pricier.

I've seen non pearly and pearly Baby Sea Shimmer go between $12-$26. More if they've got their accessories.

Your deal was a good one.

And that one person was probably one of those overeager idiots who think Old automatically=Rare and Expensive.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 07:57:02 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Most Windy Wings aren't rare, just much more expensive. I've seen several Flurries, Whirlies and Sun Gliders. Cool Breeze and Moonjumper are the rarest and priciest. I managed to get my daughter a Moonjumper last year for just under $40 with SnH. The wings are pretty sturdy.

I've noticed most baby sea ponies  are very close to each other in price regardless of set. I think the Sea Sparkle babies might be a bit pricier.

I've seen non pearly and pearly Baby Sea Shimmer go between $12-$26. More if they've got their accessories.

Your deal was a good one.

And that one person was probably one of those overeager idiots who think Old automatically=Rare and Expensive.

Thank for the info. I'm glad you found a cheaper moonjumper for your daughter. :) Glad to know I made a good deal tho. Once my 3 packages come in and My herd will be all set I can finally post them online :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Most Windy Wings aren't rare, just much more expensive. I've seen several Flurries, Whirlies and Sun Gliders. Cool Breeze and Moonjumper are the rarest and priciest.

Moon Jumper? Not Starry Wings? She always seems the rarest to me (Cool Breeze is just green so her price jumps more)...she was the only one I had to get from the uS and I've never found her here. I've found all the others at least once.

...Flurry also has the pink hair issue. So if she's faded, her price drops.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Most Windy Wings aren't rare, just much more expensive. I've seen several Flurries, Whirlies and Sun Gliders. Cool Breeze and Moonjumper are the rarest and priciest.

Moon Jumper? Not Starry Wings? She always seems the rarest to me (Cool Breeze is just green so her price jumps more)...she was the only one I had to get from the uS and I've never found her here. I've found all the others at least once.

...Flurry also has the pink hair issue. So if she's faded, her price drops.

Hmm. I have yet to see a Starry Wings for sale and I dunno how much she goes for. Though tbh I'm not really looking for her.

I'd love to have Cool Breeze, Moonjumper and Flurry. :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yes, as others have mentioned it does depend on WHICH Windy Wing pony you are talking about. Some are rarer / more popular than others so cost more. And others have that pesky fading hair which when unfaded pushes the price up. But these ponies have all been listed in detail already by others in this thread.

Unfaded Flurry is currently sitting in a gift box in my house, but I have to wait until Mothers Day to receive her officially.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
It is true that Starry Wings doesn't come up for sale very often. Hrm. I guess that makes her the rarest, though I think Cool Breeze is still the most in demand. Maybe followed by Moon Jumper. She seems very popular too. I have seen more of her though.

Of the Summer Wings, I think Glow - if she has the right pink hair - is maybe the most in demand? Or maybe I'm biased since she was the one I wanted as a kid? xD Little Flitter also has the fading hair. High Flier and Skydancer seem to come up a bit more often - I've had a couple of High Fliers recently and Skydancer I think is the most common. Buzzer doesn't seem too rare either despite the fact she has almost no pink on her xD. Not sure about Lady Flutter. I often seem to see her with broken wings for some reason.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal