collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do wish you had kept in your collection? (All generations welcome)  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi,

A post on another thread made me start thinking about things I got rid of that I wished I hadn’t. For years I kept my some of ponies backcards (I really thought I held on to them but the haven’t turned up) I had a whole bucket of brushes and combs that went with my childhood ponies and  got rid of most of those as well(  although I still find a pony comb/brush every once in a while ) and the mail order pamphlets I had saved. Also my Baby Palm Tree and Pina Colada/Hula Hula. It was during my “never going to be in to ponies again” phase. Someday I’ll be able to replace Baby Palm Tree and  Pina Colada/Hula Hula.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
All my early childhood backcards. Especially the Mountain Boys. And their stickers. Because the white circles on my Castle break my heart :( Why only those! I have all my stickers for all the others!

I went through the "I've outgrown these" phase when I went to secondary school, but Mum told me to put them away in the loft for a bit and think about it. She's told me since that she knew they meant a lot to me as a kid and thought I'd regret it. I love her to bits for that judgement. She was right.

As an adult, I wish I didn't sell a couple of the MIP ponies I used to have but I did, so we move on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
My answer is a bit different.
My sisters had G3 ponies growing up because my cousin who was into them helped my aunt pick out one of their birthday gifts. Among them were Gem Blossom and Sweet Breeze. Although we had the ponies I was a Littlest Pet Shop kid and through being the bigger sister, my sisters were also LPS kids because it was what I was doing. We liked the playsets but didn't play with the ponies themselves all that much.
Fast foward to me being 9? 10? I forget if this was before FiM came out or after. I stumbled upon customized ponies online...and decided Sweet Breeze was perfect. I cut her hair, removed her marks, and dyed her in the only RIT dye my mom had on hand (purple). I was going to customize her into a grape pony! But as I had no clue where to buy doll hair, I used some old dollar store play extensions to rehair her. Did one plug aaand forgot about her.
Gem Blossom met a similar fate. I cut all of her hair off because ??? and then screwed a screw into her head. She was a punk Unicorn. She was involved in some of the LPS play times (like, 2) and then forgotten.
I have both of them, but I feel really bad looking at them now. I'm not even sure where they are in my room, but I know they are both in here somewhere. It'll be really bittersweet if I find them in the wild, because I'll feel like I've betrayed them even though I sort of already did? I just feel guilty about it now.  :cry:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Oh, I wish I hadn't sold my NSS/movie star Cupcake. Hands down one of my biggest pony regrets. As well as MOC Dancing Butterflies, complete g2 baby set Jewel & sparkle.. And my g3 snowglobe TAF Minty MIB. Forever kicking myself over that :sad: (I was also in a 'let's downsize, because I think I'm done with ponies' phase.)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
My childhood Quackers. Where did you go?? Who else disappeared? I plan on going through photo albums at my Dad's in the next few weeks, so I'll find out which other ponies I may have had...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
The combs and brushes from my childhood ponies. I didn't know what they were at the time (didn't remember they came with the ponies) so they went in with the generic Barbie brushes, and eventually sold at a garage sale or such. Later when I started collecting I recognized them.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
I did a big downsize a few years back, and I really regretted selling one pony: Baby Gusty. Luckily she wasn’t too hard to replace, so that’s all fine. But the one thing that bugs the hell outta me is the time where I stupidly donated a Fiery the dragon. I was new to collecting and didn’t know what he was!  :(

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I wish I'd kept my MOC Merry Treats and MOC Tuneful.  My mother figured out the internet and ebay back in the day to buy them for me (Mom is not at all tech savvy so that was a huge deal).  I sold them when I got married, like 90% of my collection, and while I wish I had them all back I miss those the most.  Those hurt. 

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
My childhood Quackers. Where did you go?? Who else disappeared? I plan on going through photo albums at my Dad's in the next few weeks, so I'll find out which other ponies I may have had...

Same! I am missing my Baby Susie.. I dont no where she is 100% and is the only childhood pony I am missing in my original herd.
I am so scared I might have dropped her into a donation box we do almost yearly since she was not in the box with the others when I unpacked them.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
My only regrets from my purge are all G3s: Candy Cane, Finger Paints, Bowtie (replaced), and Love Wishes. Especially Candy Cane, but at least I now have a NIB Mistletoe instead. Love Wishes wasn't even sold, she was given away to our neighbor's daughter along with my sister's unicorn castle and a few of her ponies. Thankfully I only gave one or two ponies at that point and sold a bunch more as an adult.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
My childhood collection.  :sad:

But actually, I’m more angry that I can’t find a photo of them. My Gram at one point wanted to take a picture of me with my ponies, and I spent ages setting them all up for the photo. This was quite close to the end of my childhood pony collecting daystoo, so it would have been most, if not all, of my collection. I’ve been looking for years for that photo but it seems to have vanished. Sadly, that photo can’t be replaced like my ponies have been.

Elf

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing your stories everyone. I still have my "How could I have done that" moments.  I also regret getting rid of my childhood Lullabye Nursery during that phase even though it was broken. If I'd only known then how expensive playsets can be to ship.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
My Firefly, and all the other ponies that I got rid of when I thought I was too old for them :sad: Firefly was a mistake; she got set out with a bunch of my other childhood toys I was selling at our yard sale. A little girl picked her up, and I only noticed as they were leaving since I wasn't minding the money at the time. I regret the mistake terribly but I'm sure that girl loved her as much as I did. I could have bought a replacement at the pony meet I went to recently as there were probably a dozen or so reasonably-priced, but I'd rather find her myself in the wild, if possible, since that's how I found my first one <3

I sold a large number of my G3s during the dreaded 'I'm too old for ponies' stage. I regret that; I miss my Denim Blue, Minty and Starcatcher the most. Aside from that though, I have absolutely no clue what happened to my G1 Beach Ball and my G2s. Initially I thought I'd sold those at a garage sale too, but after discussing it with my mom recently, I don't think I did. I think they were either lost in a move, or possibly left at my biological father's home when my parents divorced. I think it's rather odd that Beach Ball is like the only G1 pony missing from my childhood collection aside from Firefly. Why would I choose to sell her specifically when she was one of my faves?

(I'm still half-hoping that she'll turn up someday out of a random box, but it's quite unlikely, unfortunately.)

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
No ponies since my grandparents saved those for me when I had to move out at young age. But the booklets I got when I was a member of the Dutch MLP club. I threw them out as "old paper I don't look at anymore". They pop up every now and then online so maybe one day I will get them back.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile

Same! I am missing my Baby Susie.. I dont no where she is 100% and is the only childhood pony I am missing in my original herd.
I am so scared I might have dropped her into a donation box we do almost yearly since she was not in the box with the others when I unpacked them.

I am missing my Galaxy and Gingerbread ponies, I packed them away before I went on holiday and can’t find them, the same goes for my G1 white Apple Delight (sister) Ponies I can’t find them either. Galaxy and a Gingerbread can be replaced but not the ones I have for customs.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal